E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > ticket upstate ny...

01-25-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
08rookie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

ticket upstate ny...

please offer advice or help in any way as i respect the past experience of guys on this board...

got pulled over on interstate 87 on way to killington by a ny state trooper and was issued a violation 1110a (failure to obey traffic device)...the "e-ticket" issued directly from the troopers car has no other general comments, no indication of speed, no indication of a mph over the limit...i guess he gave me a break because of the family member pba card...i was in fact speeding...maybe 80 in a 65 but i seemed to be keeping up with traffic...in any event...im thinking too much about this because i have a couple cars on my policy and have ocd with regards to my points...

Athens court in Greene county...the e-ticket has no fine..the court told me to mail in the ticket with my plea then the judge sets the fine..could be up to 235 bucks plus an additional 85 bucks for the courts...

should i fight this? i have never fought a ticket...i only have one moving violation issued in my life 6 years ago and those points have been deducted

if i were to fight this, do i send in a plea of not guilty by the mail in date (feb 4th 2010) and wait until they send back anotherrrrr date and that date will be my actual court date to appear?! or is my mail in date my actual court date?!

is it common practice when fighting a ticket to locate the DA in the court before your scheduled time and just say "hey man...lets cut the bullshit you sissy fairy man..how much do you want" hahah i kid i kid..orrr do you make a phone call to the DA before like " heyy man im coming up for court to settle a ticket sooo i hope you have the girls and drugs ready" haha

i can just pay the 300 or so bucks and wait to see if the points show up in jersey which they will and wait to see if my insurance will increase...im under the impression they mayyyy not run my motor vehicle record because ive been with allstate for 4 years now and i have not been issued anything more then a parking ticket...but in the event the decide to run my record before my renewal then i may increase?!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

pay it and forget about it.

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Just pay it. Is it even worth points considering it doesn't say what its exactly for?

They just want your money. If you were to go you'd see the DA sitting in front of the court room. They'd say you owe us $xxx + court fees and then you just stand up in court saying it was settled.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
08rookie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Just pay it. Is it even worth points considering it doesn't say what its exactly for?

They just want your money. If you were to go you'd see the DA sitting in front of the court room. They'd say you owe us $xxx + court fees and then you just stand up in court saying it was settled.

correct. it doesnt say exactly what it is for...however...violations 1110a is certainly a moving violation which for sure carries points that will show up on nj.

id rather pay more money to the courts and not get points thennn pay to the courts and to the insurance company (over time)

then i think what if its gona cost me $600 in fines and no points or its gona cost me 300 bucks in fines and 2 points...if my insurance is increased by less then 299 then its makes financial sense to take the points and deal with the cost haha
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 09:31 PM   #5
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

i hate cops

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 10:23 PM   #6
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

You can always just take one of those BS classes and get rid of 2 or 3 points. Figure it would take you longer than the 5 hours you'd have to sit in a room to deal with the ticket and probably the same amount of money it would cost you in gas.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #7
Sti-lysh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Space Gray 328Xi

I'm not sure but usually you have to also pay a DRA(drivers responsibility assesment) on top of the fine in NYS. Its like 300 bucks over 3 years or some bs.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #8
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

this is why i hate the city.

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevC View Post
this is why i hate the city.
...? He got it upstate

And Jersey will always infinitely suck more. Stupid laws.
Appreciate 0