E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Don't you hate it how.....

01-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #89
JUSTIN808
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X4MC, 22 Ridgeline RTLE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plo_E92 View Post
haha! my seat belt things never work either. they are supposed to grab the seat belt and bring them toward you.
I saw that if you Iron the belt with starch where it grabs the belt it fixes this problem.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #90
Dominus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Bmw 328i w/ XDrive

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [10.00]
I hate it how on a cold rainy day im like a co-pilot to an airliner Jet.
Seatbelt check
FOB in Check
push brake
push to start
push auto wipers
push heated seat
push heated stearing
push rear defog
..... then there is like adjusting volume or finding a song plus the temp controls hell sometimes i can spend 2 minutes just to get my car comfortable to move hahaha
(sorry for some exaggeration)
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #91
avol3xo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Had my E92 2011 for a couple of months now, the biggest thing that bugs me is the dings and dongs, especially the low washer fluid one, when my washer fluid is all the way to the top. The other one is how since I installed JB4 the low fuel light is always on, and another ding!!!
      03-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #92
deicavoti
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xi coupe

The wiper settings (or lack thereof) are what kill me as well as the general climate control of the car
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #93
Das_Stig
I don't drink water. Fish fuck in it.
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi
Location: Some say he naturally faces magnetic north, and that all of his legs are hydraulic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3D View Post
Don't you hate it how there's now slower wiper setting? The first level is quite fast. Most cars have a much slower setting as their first level. Yes, I have automatic wipers, but I'd still prefer a slower setting.

FYI I drive a 2008 328i.
this gets to me so much.. i tend to just hit the manual single wipe rather than leave them on.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #94
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

It's been said many times but it's the truth, far far too many chimes on all bmws. When the planets align and its
1.under 37f
2.low wiper fluid
3.low gas
4.door ajar when starting

15 seconds of chiming. I know i have low gas, the gas gauge is.....low.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #95
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDCarton View Post
Whenever I turn off my car I usually:
1) press stop
2) take off seatbelt and open door together
3) remove fob

So I get bombarded with dings and dongs telling me don't forget the fob! And my angel bulb is out so it needs to ding about that, and on top of that when I'm low on gas it likes to ding and dong more and interupt previous dings... Too many reminders lol passengers look at me like the car is gonna blow up

This is the best ding-dong I've ever heard...and yeah I agree.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #96
ibarry92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus
I hate it how on a cold rainy day im like a co-pilot to an airliner Jet.
Seatbelt check
FOB in Check
push brake
push to start
push auto wipers
push heated seat
push heated stearing
push rear defog
..... then there is like adjusting volume or finding a song plus the temp controls hell sometimes i can spend 2 minutes just to get my car comfortable to move hahaha
(sorry for some exaggeration)
+1

And then you have to adjust the climate control and the cold/hot temperature dial, especially if the day before was warm.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #97
codesurge
This space for rent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Thing with four wheels

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gds52 View Post

This is the best ding-dong I've ever heard...and yeah I agree.
I remember watching a documentary on BMW that showed a whole team working on perfecting that warning chime. Perhaps this is an example of them wanting to show off their handiwork, albeit a little on the excessive side.
      03-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #98
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by codesurge View Post
I remember watching a documentary on BMW that showed a whole team working on perfecting that warning chime. Perhaps this is an example of them wanting to show off their handiwork, albeit a little on the excessive side.
And the funniest/scariest ding dong is when you are driving nicely in 38-39 degree weather and the temperature drops to 37...then "dinggggg" warning.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #99
ak1
Rep
Drives: '13 E93 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das_Stig View Post
this gets to me so much.. i tend to just hit the manual single wipe rather than leave them on.
No rain sensor in your car? It's a neat feature.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #100
Das_Stig
I don't drink water. Fish fuck in it.
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi
Location: Some say he naturally faces magnetic north, and that all of his legs are hydraulic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1 View Post
No rain sensor in your car? It's a neat feature.
ya i normally use it just stopped using it for winter, funny you mentioned today the first day i resumed use of aforementioned feature
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #101
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
Rep
Drives: 06 SGM E90, 15 BSM E84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das_Stig View Post
+1

The automatic wipers are too sensitive.

Same with the auto headlights. I leave both wipers and headlights in manual operation only.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #102
BillionPa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aph335i View Post
You can't get our cars coded so that if you shut your car off in the middle of a wipe, it will finish!
I think you mean "can" get coded.

Also, the reason they DONT go down, is so in places where it snows, you can stop them in the up position and not have a large ice encrusting on top of the wipers
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #103
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Don't you just hate it when youre ripping the car down the street and wondering at the same time "am i gonna be lucky enough and not have any turbo issues with this car?"
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #104
Marsden
Chief Petty Officer
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post

The automatic wipers are too sensitive.

Same with the auto headlights. I leave both wipers and headlights in manual operation only.
Same here, and I've noticed it in other cars too.

It figures that the lawyers would intervene if an auto function didn't have everyone covered at the slightest hint of a sprinkle or overcast skies. Otherwise someone would sue them when they wrecked.

But the upshot is that what could have been a great feature gets de-activated by the user in order to prevent it from being on nearly all the time.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 01:29 AM   #105
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanianbimmer View Post
I hate how you can not turn off the interior lights and keep them off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLev View Post
The only thing I hate is how every time you're doing something with the car and turn the overhead light off, the minute you do something else it will turn back on again. And again. One would think the car would realize that I don't want those lights on, especially when I'm cleaning the interior or something else.

Almost every other car ever, even a 20 year old Honda, has a switch to make it so you can toggle those lights off.

You can keep them off by pressing and holding for 5 seconds the button that turns all interior lights on.. And I hate the lights being on all the time myself for almost everything you do.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 01:44 AM   #106
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
Something that I see on many other cars as well: If you shut off accessory power while the windshield wipers are in mid-swing, the wipers will just stop in the middle of windshield and stay there. I don't understand why they couldn't make the wipers to complete the last swing and stop in their resting locations. I wonder if there's some rationale behind this behavior. My previous car (a Honda) did exactly the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
Ingenious! This is the answer I was looking for!

Really? Somehow I don't have any "cut the power to the wiper motor" buttons in my car that I could press. And I don't hack any power cables leading to the windshield with an axe. All I do is remove my key fob from the slot.

And you know what? My stereo continues playing! My power seats continue moving! My power windows continue to work! Even though I just "cut the power", as you said. Removing the fob does not really cut the overall power in this car.

Yet, for some reason, when I remove my key from the slot the windshield wipers stop instantly and immediately in the middle of the windshield. Yes, of course, they stopped because the "power to the motor" was "cut". But it wasn't really cut be me. It was cut by the car's computer (or whatever power control system they use). By the very same computer that decided to keep the power available to the stereo and to the windows. And my questions is: what is the logic (if any) behind this apparently illogical behavior of windshield wipers?

I don't understand what's so difficult to understand about that simple question.

If you know the answer, feel free to enlighten me. I am all ears.
The only logical thing for that function is for when you want to change the blades.
I liked this feature in GA because I liked cleaning the windshield whenever I fill up. (Hate bug stains) Whenever I would try to flip the arms up when they're in "park" it would graze the hood since they are neatly tucked away for less Aerodynamic drag when not in use.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 01:46 AM   #107
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e-ninety

I hate how our cars don't automatically come with lawyers off the lot. That would be great.
      03-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #108
ak1
Rep
Drives: '13 E93 328

I actually don't like how when i turn off the car, the music keeps on playing until i either hit the off button again or open the door of the car. Unless....there's a hack to this....
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #109
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
Rep
Drives: 06 SGM E90, 15 BSM E84

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
The only logical thing for that function is for when you want to change the blades.
I liked this feature in GA because I liked cleaning the windshield whenever I fill up. (Hate bug stains) Whenever I would try to flip the arms up when they're in "park" it would graze the hood since they are neatly tucked away for less Aerodynamic drag when not in use.
Im fairly sure theres a "wiper service position" that you can put the wipers in for replacement.

..Unless i'm thinking of our audi.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #110
m@rco
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 540i; '07 328i; '03 R1150R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLev
The only thing I hate is how every time you're doing something with the car and turn the overhead light off, the minute you do something else it will turn back on again. And again. One would think the car would realize that I don't want those lights on, especially when I'm cleaning the interior or something else.

Almost every other car ever, even a 20 year old Honda, has a switch to make it so you can toggle those lights off.
You can, actually. Just hold down for a few seconds and it won't come on again...
Appreciate 0