E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Need Help! Can anyone recommend a good shop to get my springs installed? In Portland?

02-18-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
eshtog
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5

Need Help! Can anyone recommend a good shop to get my springs installed? In Portland?

Looks like we dont have to many options and every place I have called so far wants $500-$750.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2008, 11:42 AM   #2
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Suspension installs aren't cheap.

Are you doing just springs or springs and shocks?

Why don't you give me a call and we can discuss what you need. I'll see what I can do for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2008, 09:05 PM   #3
eshtog
Lieutenant
Rep

I am only getting H&R Sport springs installed. and actually most places around the country like the Seattle area and Souther California only charge around $100-$200 max, maybe its because there is more competition.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
mrCBR600
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90

try Les Schwab! I am going to call them but they did eibach's on my a4 installed for 450. I know they carry h&r too.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #5
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshtog View Post
I am only getting H&R Sport springs installed. and actually most places around the country like the Seattle area and Souther California only charge around $100-$200 max, maybe its because there is more competition.
It's just not that cheap anywhere for the labor involved Eduard.

What did Penny quote you? Let me see what I can do.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 12:45 AM   #6
eshtog
Lieutenant
Rep

Ty, actually it is that cheap. Its just a matter of finding the right shop. I went to Munich Motorworks after it was recommended to me by a friend and they did an amazing job installing my KW V2 coilovers. Not only that, it only cost me $300!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #7
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Quote:
Ty, actually it is that cheap. Its just a matter of finding the right shop. I went to Munich Motorworks after it was recommended to me by a friend and they did an amazing job installing my KW V2 coilovers. Not only that, it only cost me $300!
Where's Munich Motorworks?

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #8
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Vil View Post
Suspension installs aren't cheap.

Are you doing just springs or springs and shocks?

Why don't you give me a call and we can discuss what you need. I'll see what I can do for you.
I see in your sig that you work @ Rassmussen BMW? Are you a SA?

How long does it usually take to install some KW V2 coilovers? Can't I just bring it into Rassmussen and have them install it? They installed my 8000k D1S bulbs and replaced my intake manifold that I broke installing my AA BOV.

I dealt with Pete Perez over at the motorsport department @ Rassmussen and he is okay about installing aftermarket performance parts. Although he did advise me to take out my AA Xede before I take it in for service.

Leland

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 03:22 PM   #9
eshtog
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post
Where's Munich Motorworks?
They are in Gresham off of Burnside
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 03:44 AM   #10
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post
I see in your sig that you work @ Rassmussen BMW? Are you a SA?

How long does it usually take to install some KW V2 coilovers? Can't I just bring it into Rassmussen and have them install it? They installed my 8000k D1S bulbs and replaced my intake manifold that I broke installing my AA BOV.

I dealt with Pete Perez over at the motorsport department @ Rassmussen and he is okay about installing aftermarket performance parts. Although he did advise me to take out my AA Xede before I take it in for service.

Leland

Leland - I'm not an SA. I handle risk management/body/dent/wheel repair as well as being our Customer Service liaison. Essentially I wear many hats at my Center. I have no idea about install times on suspension but it definitely wouldn't be a problem.

Pete really is a great guy and really knows his stuff. I remember him talking about meeting you. I wouldn't worry about taking out your Xede unless you're having an issue with the car running incorrectly - that's the only time it would be scrutinized (ask me how I know)...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #11
eshtog
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Vil View Post
Leland - I'm not an SA. I handle risk management/body/dent/wheel repair as well as being our Customer Service liaison. Essentially I wear many hats at my Center. I have no idea about install times on suspension but it definitely wouldn't be a problem.

Pete really is a great guy and really knows his stuff. I remember him talking about meeting you. I wouldn't worry about taking out your Xede unless you're having an issue with the car running incorrectly - that's the only time it would be scrutinized (ask me how I know)...

Hi Ty,

I was going to ask you how mod friendly is Rasmussen? I have never had problems with them in the past but I am sure you have more experience. BTW sorry if my last post came off rude that was not my intent.

Thanks for all your help!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 11:50 AM   #12
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hi Ty,

I was going to ask you how mod friendly is Rasmussen? I have never had problems with them in the past but I am sure you have more experience. BTW sorry if my last post came off rude that was not my intent.

Thanks for all your help!
I would describe us as "very mod friendly" - we really like/specialize in modded up cars. We just had an AMAZING E93 in last week!

The only issue we had recently was a client who had a black box (I forget what software) and was VERY demanding we fix his car when it wasn't running properly. His mods wouldn't have been a problem if he'd just paid cash to diagnose his car/fix the problem. However his mods+his attitude of "fix it now under warranty"(a much bigger factor)=inspection by BMW field service engineer.

Your car is actually one of my favorites that comes in! I hope all of you guys are coming to see us for service or even if you just want your car washed/fluids topped off.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2008, 10:40 AM   #13
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Every BMW dealership should be mod friendly.....the only way to get the ultimate experience from an ultimate driving machine!

I don't know if you guys had read about the meet this sunday, at NW 23rd and Savier St. There's a good size parking lot and I'm sure there will be a few E9Xs.......

C U there

'08 AW E90 335i
Appreciate 0