E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Minneapolis/St. Paul Meet Picture Thread

01-30-2010, 11:55 PM   #1
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Minneapolis/St. Paul Meet Picture Thread

Here are the pictures from the meet this afternoon (1/30/2010).

EDIT: I am still working on more pictures....

Last edited by BSME90; 01-31-2010 at 01:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
ajvee
Major
Rep
Drives: None

Awesome pictures Martin!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
MN BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Montego 328

Great pics! I like the line up on in the parking ramp. Wish I could of stayed for that. I'm sorry I had to bail early
      01-31-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
ktan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 M5

wow the pctures look amazing. Do you mind if i throw some of them on our facebook page? (www.facebook.com/imolamotorsports)

The turnout was great especially for the middle of the winter! Nic to meet all of you.

Martin - would you be interested in taking pictures for us when we get some nicer cars? My photography skills are about way to amateurish compared to what you can do!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
MN BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Here is a few more, sorry they aren't the best...
Attached Images

01-31-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 | E30 | E28 | E24

Great photos guys! Martin, your wide angle shots are awesome - what lens did you use for those?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 01:28 PM   #7
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktan View Post
wow the pctures look amazing. Do you mind if i throw some of them on our facebook page? (www.facebook.com/imolamotorsports)
The turnout was great especially for the middle of the winter! Nic to meet all of you.
Martin - would you be interested in taking pictures for us when we get some nicer cars? My photography skills are about way to amateurish compared to what you can do!
Yes, please go ahead and post on your facebook page. I'm still working on my photography skills but absolutely, it would be a privilege to take pictures for you. Not everyday, I get to see some beautiful cars, yet again take pics of. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN BMW View Post
Here is a few more, sorry they aren't the best...
Your pictures are still great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRL-MN
Great photos guys! Martin, your wide angle shots are awesome - what lens did you use for those?
Thank you, the lenses I used were: 50mm Fixed Macro Lens, 10-24 Tamron Wide Angle Lens, and my 6.5mm Opteka Fisheye.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #8
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
I did what I could to equalize the pictures so that the outside light (sun) isn't so blaring to the eyes without ruining the quality of the pictures.

ARGH!! ^Didn't notice that wheel by my car.

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 02:08 PM   #9
dfries
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: drove: e90 335i

Martin your pics looks awesome. I really didn't get any shots that were a whole lot different. Thanks for posting them.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 10:48 PM   #10
ktan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 M5

updated on facebook, thanks Martin.

Hows the weather up there guys? 75 deg down in Scottsdale today!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 10:59 PM   #11
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktan View Post
updated on facebook, thanks Martin.

Hows the weather up there guys? 75 deg down in Scottsdale today!
Too damn cold! At least we are getting some more snow tomorrow Thanks again for hosting yesterday Kevin!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #12
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Hey Gary, have you decided which one?

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #13
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSME90 View Post
Hey Gary, have you decided which one?
Hey Martin, I think I'm going to stay conservative with the VB3s (CSL reps) in silver. After seeing the gunmetal it's too close to the color of my car. The hyperblack I couldn't make my mind up about, so I don't think I'll take the risk in case I end up not liking them!

Right now I'm trying to decide if I should go 9.5 or 10 wide at the rear. I do like that concave look, but don't want to get into fender rolling to avoid rubbing.

How about yourself, have you made any decisions? I think the gunmetal looked cool against your BSM car. If I had a white or black car I think I would have gone for those!

Can't wait to get these on my car in March, that is if this winter ever ends!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #14
ajvee
Major
Rep
Drives: None

Gary,

Good choice on the silver, can't go wrong with it. However, I believe that the earlier E92s did come with a CSL type mesh design wheel. In order to differentiate a little bit from that, I strongly suggest the V710s. These would look a little more aggressive than the VB3s in my opinion:

http://www.velocitymotoring.com/wheels_v710.html

As luck would have it, there is a picture of the V710s on a car of your exact colour.

http://www.velocitymotoring.com/link...Silver_170.php

On a side note, my wheels have shipped and are on their way

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #15
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRL-MN View Post
How about yourself, have you made any decisions? I think the gunmetal looked cool against your BSM car.
I'm love with V701 that Kevin put by my car. You are right, I might just go with gunmetals. I just hope that they come out with a 10in wheel, otherwise 9.5 will do. I want a more aggressive stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
Good choice on the silver, can't go wrong with it. However, I believe that the earlier E92s did come with a CSL type mesh design wheel. In order to differentiate a little bit from that, I strongly suggest the V710s. These would look a little more aggressive than the VB3s in my opinion:
As luck would have it, there is a picture of the V710s on a car of your exact colour.
Beautiful wheels. In that picture though, the wheel looks small. Maybe it's just that the car isn't lowered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
Martin - I love the rear 1/4 shot of my car and of course the rest are stunning (to me anyway, you photographer guys are never happy )
EDIT: One more thing, Martin - what camera do you have? I have some friends that will ask no doubt because they are into photography as well (they'll dig the lenses I'm sure - I have no clue what any of that means).

Hahah, it's true, we are never happy with any shots. On most of the shots, I actually look 3 pictures of the same thing to make sure that I at least got one good shot.
I have a Nikon D5000.
As for lenses:
1. 10-24mm Tamron Wide Angle Lens
2. 18-55mm Nikkor AF-S Lens
3. 6.5mm Opteka Fisheye
4. 50mm Nikon Fixed Lens

Hopefully by the next meet (spring meet), I'll have more lenses and hopefully not forget my tripod.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #16
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
Gary,

On a side note, my wheels have shipped and are on their way

Cheers.
I had thought about these too, and while I agree the V710s do look good and more agressive, there is something about the concavity of the wide rear VB3 (especially if I can fit a 19 x 10) that really attracts me!

I think the OEM wheels you are talking about are the style 197s that come with the 328i ZSP pack. Kevin's E92 at the shop Saturday had these on and while there is a slight resemblance to the VB3, it wouldn't put me off.

It's a tough choice man, there are so many great looking wheels out there!

Looking forward to seeing what wheels you are getting - when do you think you will swap over? Seems like late March or early April is the norm around here? My goal is to have new wheels on in time for the first Cars & Cafe on April 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSME90 View Post
I'm love with V701 that Kevin put by my car. You are right, I might just go with gunmetals. I just hope that they come out with a 10in wheel, otherwise 9.5 will do. I want a more aggressive stance.
I agree, the gunmetal V701 looked sweet against your car! Do it!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #17
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Nick, did I see you with an iPhone at the weekend? If so, do you have the M Power Meter? I downloaded it but don't really have a way to mount the phone in the car to try it out. Just curious if you had. I need to see about some kind of mounting solution.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #18
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
lol - yeah I have the M-Power Meter app - I have yet to try it out though (keep forgetting I have it). Maybe I can try it on my truck tomorrow; car is on standby till the roads clear up again. I can't wait for spring and summer and fall...

Nick

I hear ya, seems like it's been winter forever at this stage. I can't imagine that app is much good but was curious to hear from somebody that has used it. I guess I could try it in the Fusion, though I doubt it will be able to handle all that power...

Quote:
The only thing that has ever worked for me is go with the first set that I absolutly fall in love with. It never happend with my Acura but on the 335 it was love at first sight with the gunmetal M6 wheels. I couldn't order them fast enough when they were first available...

Like anything else though, they aren't for everyone though... That's the deal with wheels, IMO the look has to really move you otherwise you'll get sick of them. I think the same thing applies to girls too

Nick
I like that analogy
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 10:58 PM   #19
airwolf878
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRL-MN View Post
I had thought about these too, and while I agree the V710s do look good and more agressive, there is something about the concavity of the wide rear VB3 (especially if I can fit a 19 x 10) that really attracts me!
My summer wheels are 19 x 10 for the rears. Offset is +22mm. No problems with fitment at all. I'm actually thinking about adding some spacers so they are more flush.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #20
MN BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hey Gary,
Do you have any info on the rear fog light switch you showed me? Did you order if from a dealer?

Is this pretty much what you did?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265

Thanks,
Brad
      02-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #21
airwolf878
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Quote:
Seriously? No rubbing? Man, my 19x9.5 w/ 33mm offset are close - when the tires were brand new they would just barely kiss the wheel liners if I hit a bump at max cornering speed. Since then tires have worn a bit eveything is spot on though. I must be missing something... With the shorter offset I take it they are further in? Assuming you're talking about positive offset which I think you are judging by the "+". I wonder where my tires were actually hitting; guess I never looked. Mine are pretty flush with the quarter though (I think anyway).

Nick
No rubbing at all. Here are some pics:

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #22
MN BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No dice man. ECS is your only route to get the switch domestically (according to the Tisher parts guys in MD). That's what Gary did awhile back...

Here's the e-mail I got from Tischer:

=====================
Hi Nick,

Unfortunately the euro headlight switches are no longer available for US BMW dealerships to order from BMW. You'll need to check ebay, or some of the aftermarket companies.

Check with ECS tuning as I think they import them....
=======================

Nick
Right on, thanks for the info