E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Running satellite cable from trunk

03-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
skidlm
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i

Running satellite cable from trunk

Hello looking for an easy location to run the sirius satellite EXT cable from the pink sharkfin connector in the trunk through to the back seat area. Can someone advise please? Car is 09 328i sedan. I just couldn't find an opening - is there any shortcut? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
Alarbus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '15 F30 & '19 F36

When I did this on my 2006, I removed the bottom of the rear seat, and folded the seat back to create a gap to snake it through. If your seats don't fold, try pulling the bottom seat anyway and seeing if there's a gap.

The problem I ran into was trying to get it under the carpet between the center console and rear seat. It's very tightly molded into place, I finally said "F it", and ran the black cable on top of the black carpet. I pulled the back part of the console, and fed it through and eventually brought it out at the end of the passenger footwell, and tucked it between the plastic to hold it in place.
Appreciate 0