E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Portland area folks: can anyone help we reset some adaptations on my 335d?

03-08-2018, 10:54 PM   #1
octalon7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 M Roadster

Portland area folks: can anyone help we reset some adaptations on my 335d?

Been battling some issues with my diesel. Had carbon cleaning and some injectors replaced, but it's been recommended I reset some adaptations as I'm still getting a set of codes every 400-500 miles.

I have a Foxwell tool, but from what I've seen I can't do all the recommended adaptations with it.

Appreciate anyone who might be able to assist!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 10:25 PM   #2
DaanBMW
Captain
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by octalon7 View Post
Been battling some issues with my diesel. Had carbon cleaning and some injectors replaced, but it's been recommended I reset some adaptations as I'm still getting a set of codes every 400-500 miles.

I have a Foxwell tool, but from what I've seen I can't do all the recommended adaptations with it.

Appreciate anyone who might be able to assist!
Sorry, haven't logged in for a while, just saw your post now.

I have INPA but not sure which specific resets you need for that. If you can maybe research that a bit I could help out. If you ONLY need adaptations reset though - that is straight fwd no need for anything further.
. BMW Perf: v2 springs + v1 dampers. Valeo SMFW+clutch. 034 MotorSport engine mounts
. Short Shifter + Turner PU bearing + ZHP M weighted shift knob. CDV delete
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 10:47 PM   #3
octalon7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaanBMW View Post
Sorry, haven't logged in for a while, just saw your post now.

I have INPA but not sure which specific resets you need for that. If you can maybe research that a bit I could help out. If you ONLY need adaptations reset though - that is straight fwd no need for anything further.
Thanks. According to the shop I took it to who upgraded the software they said when they upgrade everything is reset any ways. I imagine that is the case?

Any ways, the specific one I was hoping to reset was "wheel adaptation"
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 11:57 AM   #4
DaanBMW
Captain
Romania
Rep

don't recall wheel adaptations (+ sounds a bit... unrelated to carbon cleaning/injectors) but I can reset them all. it's a very useful operation as these adaptations are the dummest thing bmw could invent, I do it each time I connect to the car
. BMW Perf: v2 springs + v1 dampers. Valeo SMFW+clutch. 034 MotorSport engine mounts

Last edited by DaanBMW; 03-27-2018 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 11:58 PM   #5
octalon7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaanBMW View Post
don't recall wheel adaptations (+ sounds a bit... unrelated to carbon cleaning/injectors) but I can reset them all. it's a very useful operation as these adaptations are the dummest thing bmw could invent, I do it each time I connect to the car
Yeah I have no clue what that adaptation is about either, but a few folks on the 335d board were recommending it. Frankly thought it was a joke suggestion given the name, but those Germans...

Which part of PDX are you in?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 11:28 AM   #6
DaanBMW
Captain
Romania
Rep

Bethany area but work downtown if that's closer to you. PM me ur phone no and we can go from there
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 11:07 PM   #7
octalon7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks, PM sent.
Appreciate 0