E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > What Can I Do for You?

05-07-2018, 05:42 PM   #287
tlow98
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailed Image View Post
Unfortunately I have not used Gyeon Pure yet at this point so I cannot comment on how it compares to CQuartz. Based on my use of many other Gyeon products, I can tell you I have been a fan of almost everything I have tried from their product line. If you are looking to give something new a shot just for the sake of keeping things interesting, I'm sure Pure would be a great choice.

If you haven't already ready this How-To Article, be sure to check it out: How To: Gyeon Quartz Q2 Pure by Jeff McEachran

Hi - I have not had any issues in the past with a plush, clean microfiber towel and some interior spray detailer.

Double Thick Edgeless Towel
Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer

Zach McGovern
Former Professional Detailer
Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
Thanks Zach!

After perusing your site I see Gtechniq has the longest expected life, so maybe I'll give that a shot next time. Some great user reviews of that product with one direct comparison to CQuarts, as well.

Good to know!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 04:30 PM   #288
Detailed Image
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
Thanks Zach!

After perusing your site I see Gtechniq has the longest expected life, so maybe I'll give that a shot next time. Some great user reviews of that product with one direct comparison to CQuarts, as well.

Good to know!
Keep in mind the manufacturer listed durabilities are not always measuring apples to apples, and in many cases it may be beneficial to polish and recoat a vehicle before the potential lifespan of a coating has passed.

Many people attribute certain characteristics of coatings such as water beading and self cleaning to be one of the most beneficial aspects of the product, however these characteristics may diminish over time due to various environmental contaminants (sometimes very quickly depending on your environment) and are not a sign of whether or not a coating is or is not present.

Not trying to complicate your decision, just providing some more points of conversation You cannot go wrong with most main stream products from reputable brands like Gyeon, CarPro, GTechniq, etc.

-Zach
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 05:34 PM   #289
tlow98
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailed Image View Post
Keep in mind the manufacturer listed durabilities are not always measuring apples to apples, and in many cases it may be beneficial to polish and recoat a vehicle before the potential lifespan of a coating has passed.

Many people attribute certain characteristics of coatings such as water beading and self cleaning to be one of the most beneficial aspects of the product, however these characteristics may diminish over time due to various environmental contaminants (sometimes very quickly depending on your environment) and are not a sign of whether or not a coating is or is not present.

Not trying to complicate your decision, just providing some more points of conversation You cannot go wrong with most main stream products from reputable brands like Gyeon, CarPro, GTechniq, etc.

-Zach
Absolutely appreciate the thinking points! Yes, like with anything in life it seems the answer is always "it depends".

Interesting that you mention the beading and self-cleaning ability. Those sure are the guilty pleasure guidelines I like to follow :-)

Previously I only decontaminated (iron-x, clay bar and eraser) before applying the coating as I didn't have the space for polishing. This time I'd like to polish, as well. Time will tell what I end up actually doing!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 09:19 PM   #290
SHEEDI
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
Absolutely appreciate the thinking points! Yes, like with anything in life it seems the answer is always "it depends".

Interesting that you mention the beading and self-cleaning ability. Those sure are the guilty pleasure guidelines I like to follow :-)

Previously I only decontaminated (iron-x, clay bar and eraser) before applying the coating as I didn't have the space for polishing. This time I'd like to polish, as well. Time will tell what I end up actually doing!
tlow98, here is my car after a year i applied 2 coats each Gtechniq CSL and Exo v3, note I recently replaced front bumper which is not coated at present.
Attached Images