E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > MHD N55 E-Series - general discussion

Yesterday, 07:58 PM   #5699
SnapCoupe
BMW Portland
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe/E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herakles View Post
Anyone has sluggish throttle response after installing the linear throttle option?

My car actually felt more responsive stock

Might flash it back to stock- not satisfied at all should of went carefree and paid more with dinan
Stock "progressive throttle" learns/adapts based off of your driving habits so in many cases the throttle pedal will feel more sensitive in the first 1/3rd portion of travel. The linear travel option utilizes the whole pedal so 25% of pedal movement will equate to 25% of throttle input.

Our cars must adapt for a bit after an initial flash. Drive the car for around 200 miles and it should feel a good bit better. I work for BMW and can get a huge discount on DINAN stuff, but I still went with MHD. DINAN does not have the continuous updates that MHD has and many N55s with DINAN software tend to have issues.
      Yesterday, 08:44 PM   #5700
E92n55slo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335 x drive

Quote:
Anyone has sluggish throttle response after installing the linear throttle option?

My car actually felt more responsive stock

Might flash it back to stock- not satisfied at all should of went carefree and paid more with dinan
Dinan is trash, just turn off the linear pedal option makes a lot more sense
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:56 PM   #5701
Herakles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapCoupe View Post
Stock "progressive throttle" learns/adapts based off of your driving habits so in many cases the throttle pedal will feel more sensitive in the first 1/3rd portion of travel. The linear travel option utilizes the whole pedal so 25% of pedal movement will equate to 25% of throttle input.

Our cars must adapt for a bit after an initial flash. Drive the car for around 200 miles and it should feel a good bit better. I work for BMW and can get a huge discount on DINAN stuff, but I still went with MHD. DINAN does not have the continuous updates that MHD has and many N55s with DINAN software tend to have issues.
I just reflagged it - took 4 minutes no issues and deselected the linear throttle - test drive didnít see much different to your point maybe needs to reset again.

I did the s1 93oct....prob should of done the 95...

I just remember stock I didnít have to dip the pedal to the floor like I did for linear throttle mode - sucked !

Iíll try for a few weeks and see how it goes .

Whatís a good burble setting for thee stick / sport setting? I left it at where it was pre set and donít notice any burble
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:22 PM   #5702
Kevin39
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 N55

Quote:

I just remember stock I didnít have to dip the pedal to the floor like I did for linear throttle mode - sucked !
You'd think differently at the track, if you had more power, or in the rain and snow. It's much easier to modulate the throttle with the linear throttle map.
Appreciate 0