E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Super Bowl XVII predictions!!

02-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #111
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted07Duramax View Post
Dont curse them you SOB, never make claims like that.
hahahah yes, I guess I deserved this one
      02-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #112
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Reverse Jinx: Ravens win
      02-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #113
FDM68
Captain
Wake Island
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i

Though the superbowl is never what you'd expect it to be I see a tough game but will be going with SF because I defiantly am not a Ravens fan. Also curious to see if a team will catch my Steelers in SB wins.
      02-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #114
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Game day!!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #115
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDM68 View Post
Though the superbowl is never what you'd expect it to be I see a tough game but will be going with SF because I defiantly am not a Ravens fan. Also curious to see if a team will catch my Steelers in SB wins.
sf better win some old dude bet me a dollar.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #116
jamesems
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport f30

RAVENS
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #117
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

What happened to all the niners fans...should still be proud of your team regardless.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #118
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Ugh...
      02-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #119
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

still thought the officiating was garbage. Not a single hold was called the entire game. Not just on the ravens, there were 2 plays where holding wasnt called on the 49ers, however the most crucial plays of the game the refs completely fucked up. The 4th down pass to crabtree, the jacoby jones td run, and the safety. On the Jones run bruce miller(number 49) was held by 2 ravens right in the middle where jones ran by. On the safety Anthony Dixon(number 24) was being grabbed around the waist for a good 2-3 seconds.

Regardless of the shitty refs im very proud of the offense from my 49ers. I cant even imagine how explosive we can be next season. With 14 picks in the draft its necessary to load up on defensive players. We need to increase our depth on the Defensive line as well as our secondary. Congratulations Ravens. Im boycotting ESPN for the next couple weeks because i cant handle hearing anymore about that murderer Ray Lewis
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 12:41 AM   #120
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

The no call on the holding for Crabtree was a killer. His jersey was clearly being held. But it is really tough to have a ref make a win/loss decision. If the ref called holding, the 49ers would win IMO.

49ers had many chances to win the game. 4 times at 7 yards at the end of the game. Couldn't convert. I still thought they should of fed Frank Gore since he made a giant run in the prior play. But they kept feeding it to Crabtree. It wasn't working.. At least set up a play for Kaepernick or Gore to rush. You have 4 chance to rush the ball to the end zone. But instead, they had 4 fail attempt with 0 gain.

49ers was clearly not ready for this game. Kaepernick was playing like a joke in the first half. The throw in the first half that got intercepted was thrown way too high. Frank gore got completely shut down 90% of the game. And the open of the 3rd quarter a 109 yard punt return. WTF.... 49ers shot themselves on the foot in the first half.

In the end, they had their chances but 49ers didn't deserve to win this.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #121
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
The no call on the holding for Crabtree was a killer. His jersey was clearly being held. But it is really tough to have a ref make a win/loss decision. If the ref called holding, the 49ers would win IMO.

49ers had many chances to win the game. 4 times at 7 yards at the end of the game. Couldn't convert. I still thought they should of fed Frank Gore since he made a giant run in the prior play. But they kept feeding it to Crabtree. It wasn't working.. At least set up a play for Kaepernick or Gore to rush. You have 4 chance to rush the ball to the end zone. But instead, they had 4 fail attempt with 0 gain.

49ers was clearly not ready for this game. Kaepernick was playing like a joke in the first half. The throw in the first half that got intercepted was thrown way too high. Frank gore got completely shut down 90% of the game. And the open of the 3rd quarter a 109 yard punt return. WTF.... 49ers shot themselves on the foot in the first half.

In the end, they had their chances but 49ers didn't deserve to win this.
to think if we came out and played well from the start, this game would have been a blowout in our favor. This experience is only going to help us going into next year
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 01:01 AM   #122
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
to think if we came out and played well from the start, this game would have been a blowout in our favor. This experience is only going to help us going into next year
Kapernick is just not experienced enough for these big game. He is good ass hell, but right now he just don't have the experience. He can throw the ball long very well. He just can't throw it short.

Reason we lost was because of poor execution, turnovers, bad clock management, all those dumb penalties (especially on 3rd down), bad play calling (especially the last play where they rollout to block out the field).

To be honest, I don't know if Alex Smith would of played better this post season. Alex Smith was pretty damn clutch last post season. He may not have the running game like Kaepernick but he wouldn't be nervous the first half of the game. (Falcon game and Ravens)
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #123
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Kapernick is just not experienced enough for these big game. He is good ass hell, but right now he just don't have the experience. He can throw the ball long very well. He just can't throw it short.

Reason we lost was because of poor execution, turnovers, bad clock management, all those dumb penalties (especially on 3rd down), bad play calling (especially the last play where they rollout to block out the field).

To be honest, I don't know if Alex Smith would of played better this post season. Alex Smith was pretty damn clutch last post season. He may not have the running game like Kaepernick but he wouldn't be nervous the first half of the game. (Falcon game and Ravens)
couldnt agree more, the one thing Smith has over kaepernick is the ability to calm himself down and play cool from the start, but that will only change the more Colin plays. I think were gonna have a VERY good offense in the next few seasons. The NFC really scares me with the talent the conference has though
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #124
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

heartbraking

Don't agree that the holding call on crabs should've been called. Ball was uncatchable. Niners just didn't play well enough in the 1st half as has been the case the entire post-season. Too bad they dug themselves too big of a hole to climb out of this time.

I think Roman's playcalling during the last series was horrible. At times he's brilliant. At other times, he perplexes me. We should have pounded the ball in. Do what got us there. Or, if the plan was to throw to crabs on 2nd and 3rd down to the right end of the endzone, that would've set up a nice nake bootleg to the otherside on 4th. Now that would've been an exciting finish!

Oh well, next year. We have a young team. We should have many good years ahead of us.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #125
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
heartbraking

Don't agree that the holding call on crabs should've been called. Ball was uncatchable. Niners just didn't play well enough in the 1st half as has been the case the entire post-season. Too bad they dug themselves too big of a hole to climb out of this time.

I think Roman's playcalling during the last series was horrible. At times he's brilliant. At other times, he perplexes me. We should have pounded the ball in. Do what got us there. Or, if the plan was to throw to crabs on 2nd and 3rd down to the right end of the endzone, that would've set up a nice nake bootleg to the otherside on 4th. Now that would've been an exciting finish!

Oh well, next year. We have a young team. We should have many good years ahead of us.

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #126
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

So in order to pay Flacco, the ravens will have to release Boldin, jacoby jones, and not be able to resign paul kruger. wow. They're best pass rusher gone, and Flacco will only have Torrie Smith to target? Defenses can focus on him now.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #127
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So in order to pay Flacco, the ravens will have to release Boldin, jacoby jones, and not be able to resign paul kruger. wow. They're best pass rusher gone, and Flacco will only have Torrie Smith to target? Defenses can focus on him now.
not to mention their defensive criminal...i mean leader is gone too
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #128
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I actually don't think he's that big of a loss. He's servicable, but definitely not a gamechanger.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #129
Foxrus14
1 SLY 1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i work car...

Quote:
I actually don't think he's that big of a loss. He's servicable, but definitely not a gamechanger.
Don't underestimate the leadership he provides his team... but he still should be in jail holding bible study for the inmates.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #130
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrus14 View Post
Don't underestimate the leadership he provides his team... but he still should be in jail holding bible study for the inmates.
did you see his interview and response when asked about the murder case in 2000? even the CBS analysts before the game said they didn't buy his excuse. I wonder if Jerome Boger also gets a superbowl ring? I mean it couldnt be the first time Ray Lewis payed someone off right?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #131
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Absolutely the number one reason why I didn't want the Ravens to win... He didn't deserve to have a storybook ending to his career.

And I really wanted Randy Moss to win a ring.
      02-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #132
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrus14 View Post
I don't doubt his leadership. I only commented on him being a gamechanger. His leadership didn't allow him to chase vernon davis all over the field. Just read ellerbe is a free agent too? If Flacco really is going to get 20mil/yr, I'm curious to see how good Newsome is as a GM to find some cheap talent to replenish what's leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
Absolutely the number one reason why I didn't want the Ravens to win... He didn't deserve to have a storybook ending to his career.

And I really wanted Randy Moss to win a ring.
Moss didn't play as hard as he has been. What was going on? He should have at least tried to go for that pass that was intercepted. I mean, really!
Appreciate 0