E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > GOD dam the new STI is ugly

02-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #23
Rawhide
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix

Oh I dunno, I get compliments, lots of turned heads, and ladies smiling, the other day at the car wash the Crysler 300 owner in the bay next to mine almost creamed himself telling me how hot my car was. I've met several new women at the office because they've come up out of the blue complimenting my car (one referring to it as "gorgeous" and another as a "lady killer").

Not bad for an ugly car.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #24
bdkevoIX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Evo IX Mr

^ ironically, I get the same on my evo. So much for an econobox huh
I do agree new Sti is ugly though. So is the new Evo.
      02-15-2009, 11:42 AM   #25
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

I like the new STI. I thought the older ones were hideous inside and out. Now I just think it's overpriced.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #26
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

I think they look awful stock, but once they've been lowered just a touch and had decent wheels put on them I think they look a lot better. I still think the previous generation was a better looking car though.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #27
boymonkey
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slow

I just can't accept wagons as sporty or cool. It just doesn't work for me. They can call them hatchbacks but they still look like wagons. Just my personal taste.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #28
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
Oh I dunno, I get compliments, lots of turned heads, and ladies smiling, the other day at the car wash the Crysler 300 owner in the bay next to mine almost creamed himself telling me how hot my car was. I've met several new women at the office because they've come up out of the blue complimenting my car (one referring to it as "gorgeous" and another as a "lady killer").

Not bad for an ugly car.
Car wash? wtf? go hand wash your own car

Also, women complimenting you on your car a lot means you have a chick's car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
I like the new STI. I thought the older ones were hideous inside and out. Now I just think it's overpriced.
+1
04-05 was great. Still one of my favorite versions of the STi
06-07 is awful, and I'll never get over their pseudo Alfa Romeo pig nose design.

They had to make the hatchback to compete in WRC. The Focus and Xsara/C4 were destroying them.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #29
Rawhide
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
Car wash? wtf? go hand wash your own car

Also, women complimenting you on your car a lot means you have a chick's car.
Says the guy who lives in SF...

Try doing this when you have 3 hours out of a week that are above 25 degrees. I've taken it to the wash and had the beads of water freeze up before I could dry it off.

And I'll take strange womens compliments over yours any day.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #30
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

I do much prefer the styling of the old Sti.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #31
BMWTT135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i MT

Quote:

Try doing this when you have 3 hours out of a week that are above 25 degrees. I've taken it to the wash and had the beads of water freeze up before I could dry it off.

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #32
///M ichael
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: HiAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
I do much prefer the styling of the old Sti.
x2

06-07 = RAW
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #33
BillLee
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
09 E92 M3  [9.00]
i saw a blacked out one a few months ago. i liked it.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #34
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

I had an 06. I don't care for the new ones. Something about the 06-07 STIs and EVOs was spot on for what they were. Now they are asking for money that puts the car in different bracket where it cannot compete. They may have nicer interiors but you did not buy these cars for interiors to begin with. Sorry but I agree with the OP.
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #35
SpecC
Rep

Quote:

i'd STILL have better ways to take care of my own car. no wash, unless you are taking off all the wheels, should take 3 hours. and you shouldn't need to wax every single time unless you have some crappy wax

i also don't remember complimenting you at all.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #36
Rawhide
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
i'd STILL have better ways to take care of my own car. no wash, unless you are taking off all the wheels, should take 3 hours. and you shouldn't need to wax every single time unless you have some crappy wax

i also don't remember complimenting you at all.
I didn't say the wash took three hours, I said there were a total of three hours out of the week that were above 25 degrees. Point being you'd be insane to wash it by hand in those conditions and that the car wash is the only practical solution if you want to get the corrosive road salt off of your car. But that's my bad; I sometimes forget how low reading comprehension is on the internet and should have been more explicit.

From your sig it looks like you wash cars for a living. I can (sort of) respect that, and understand why it's important for you to promote the attitude that car washes are deplorable. However, please understand that some of us have more important things to concern ourselves with than water spots on our back bumper.

And no you didn't compliment me, which was exactly the point.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #37
M3_Dust
Michelin Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklacker View Post
I have seen pictures, but I haven't seen a new one on the road until today. Dude was trying to race me like he had something to prove.. I just let him pass because I felt bad and I couldn't stop laughing on how ugly that car is. Its an ugly monstrosity. Serious that is one of the ugliest vehicles i have seen of new model vehicles i would be embarrassed to be seen driving one.
you realize that on every forum but this one people say the same thing about the 1 series, right?

I think they are pretty cool, but I also have a 1 series, so what do I really know.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #38
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
I didn't say the wash took three hours, I said there were a total of three hours out of the week that were above 25 degrees. Point being you'd be insane to wash it by hand in those conditions and that the car wash is the only practical solution if you want to get the corrosive road salt off of your car. But that's my bad; I sometimes forget how low reading comprehension is on the internet and should have been more explicit.

From your sig it looks like you wash cars for a living. I can (sort of) respect that, and understand why it's important for you to promote the attitude that car washes are deplorable. However, please understand that some of us have more important things to concern ourselves with than water spots on our back bumper.

ownage.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #39
SpecC
Rep

Quote:

I wasn't saying you it SHOULD take three hours. Take a visit to the detailing section and you'll see people compromising even with the conditions. For example, picus, one of the most respected detailers, preps his car before winter with supplies that won't break your wallet then pressure washes the salt every so often.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #40
Kenix
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 325i

New STI would look fine if it weren't for the tail lights. But still not a match for the X in terms of aggressiveness.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #41
blklacker
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:

LOL OMFG that was funny

-135i BSM, CRBL ,custom front lip/Indianapolis red fade, blacked out tail lights/corner headlights, golf tee, BMS Air intake, SSTT, CF spoiler,Powdered coated OEM rims gunmetal high gloss,custom Rear diffuser Black/Indianapolis red fade
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 10:15 PM   #42
blklacker
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

135>new sti any day. STI is ugly you can say what you want about the 1 series but the new sti is horrible

-135i BSM, CRBL ,custom front lip/Indianapolis red fade, blacked out tail lights/corner headlights, golf tee, BMS Air intake, SSTT, CF spoiler,Powdered coated OEM rims gunmetal high gloss,custom Rear diffuser Black/Indianapolis red fade
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 11:01 PM   #43
M3_Dust
Michelin Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M Sport

red interior is horrible, so what
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 12:31 AM   #44
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
at first that was my initial response to the new STi's but after seeing one in person its not THAT bad, I mean it does look ugly because its a hatch but they look decent once its modded.
Appreciate 0