E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Opinion Needed on Potential Purchase...

05-24-2007, 05:19 AM   #45
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
Demo's make sense? Really? Are you sure?
Would you really buy a car that everyone has taken out, pre-breaking in and flogged the guts out of? Why do i say this you may ask? Because every demo i have driven the dealer has let me flog it, ripping it right up to the redline and all, not exactly the sorta stuff you'd be doing in your own new car.
I'd go for a near new LOVED 335i.

335i

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 05:43 PM   #46
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
Demo's make sense? Really? Are you sure?
Would you really buy a car that everyone has taken out, pre-breaking in and flogged the guts out of? Why do i say this you may ask? Because every demo i have driven the dealer has let me flog it, ripping it right up to the redline and all, not exactly the sorta stuff you'd be doing in your own new car. However others may think differently.
To top it off (sorry for the rant) a 335i demo will now have upto 5000kms on the clock, as each dealers were given demo's and couldnt sell them or they'd have no cars for test drives. However you should be able to pick up a dirt-cheap demo 335i at Alto BMW in Artarmon, i was in there a month or so back and they only had 1 demo as some asian chick had pranged the other one on a test drive, i would imagine that one would be selling a little cheaper than the rest.

MPOWER - I understand your logic but these days cars don't really need to be broken in. Even if the younger wannabe F1 test drivers "rip it to the red-line" the cars are so de-tuned that you are not anywhere near the danger level of killing the car or causing long term damage. 5000klms on a car (especially a BMW) is nothing. I'd be more concerned about buying the one that was involved in the accident but even then, I'm sure the repair work would be unnoticable.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 06:13 PM   #47
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptOz View Post
I'd go for a near new LOVED 335i.

335i

Cheers.
i flogged my car, as i'm sure a few other people did too, and it hasn't broken down yet, and i haven't had any engine problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
MPOWER - I understand your logic but these days cars don't really need to be broken in. Even if the younger wannabe F1 test drivers "rip it to the red-line" the cars are so de-tuned that you are not anywhere near the danger level of killing the car or causing long term damage. 5000klms on a car (especially a BMW) is nothing. I'd be more concerned about buying the one that was involved in the accident but even then, I'm sure the repair work would be unnoticable.
the people who bought my first car were actually understanding in that they knew because i had had my rear bumper replaced (due to an accident), that my car wasn't going to fall appart from a twisted chasis