E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Bmw e90 abs issue

02-22-2024, 07:34 AM   #1
joelcourt1
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d

Bmw e90 abs issue

Hello I have a bmw e90 320d 08 with an ongoing abs issue.

The lights throwing are traction, abs, airbag and seatbelt. And my Speedo does not work.

I read the codes but the only ones I took note of was both rear sensors, so I changed the both sensors and replaced with ATE ones along with the rings but when I plug in the sensors and start the car my car goes into limp mode and it will barely move and my Speedo will go crazy and say I’m going 20, 40, 60mph when barely moving. Then all Speedo will go back to 0 and limp mode will go away and acts the same as it did before I changed the sensors. But when I stop the car there is a non stop click noise coming from the drivers side of the engine bay which I believe to be the turbo actuator and this will continue until I unplug both sensors.

Tonight I plan to read the codes and take not of every fault and also voltometer the connector for the ABS sensor.

My battery health seems to be completely fine.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 10:42 AM   #2
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

You sure you got the correct wheel speed sensors? ATE are OEM for BMW as far as I understand so should be good quality.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 01:57 PM   #3
joelcourt1
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streek View Post
You sure you got the correct wheel speed sensors? ATE are OEM for BMW as far as I understand so should be good quality.

Hi mate.

I have just realised the sensors I put in are for cars with active steering and as far as I can tell my car does not have active steering. Could this be my issue.

Thankyou very much for the help aswell I really appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 02:30 PM   #4
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

I just read through this forum post:
https://www.babybmw.net/threads/acti...ensors.148271/
He bought the active steering sensors in his not active steering car and it didn't fix the issue. He changed the sensors for not active steering type and it fixed the issue. Maybe this is your issue too.
Appreciate 0