E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography > Big Sky, Montana last Thanksgiving

08-27-2007, 01:15 PM   #1
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Big Sky, Montana last Thanksgiving

ok I wasnt there just to take pictures, was actually elk hunting last Thanksgiving.

Here are a few of the shots I took while out there. A majority were taken with my Nikon D80. Any shots of me while hunting were taken w/ my Pentax mini.

All of these shots but 1 were taken w/ out a tripod even w/ the lowlight conditions in most of these shots. Thank you Nikon for the VR lens.

The term Big Sky country does not do it justice. If you have never visited the Rockies.....do it.

Lone Mountain (taken at 200mm from a gas station handheld......wasnt planning on shooting pictures at 5:30am, but this just begged for a shot on the way to the woods)

Sunset out of the back of our "cabin"

In case your wondering, these colors are not edited...same with most of these pictures!

Landslide that created Quake Lake by damming up an entire river. Army corp of Engineers had to blast through the natural dam to keep a town from being submerged.

You certainly dont see this many stars in Maryland!!

Those are elk tracks....I was stalking him, but never got a visual.

Some of the best trout fishing you will find anywhere. These fish were all caught on a private ranch in Big Sky. The entire stream and pond are on the property and are constantly fed by a very large spring. Free of ice all year, hatches all year....huge trout.

Mom w/ her first trout :banghead:

Me

Me again....this one was 29 1/2". A true monster.

Beautiful male rainbow

Dad

Dad near the mouth of the spring

A picture of "Hog Alley" as coined by the locals. This is where the spring creek/pond spill into the river and some of the bruisers are caught by the locals. Same river that "A River Runs Through It" was filmed.

Dad

My brother who lives year round in Bozeman, MT...he's a flyfishing guide if anyone wants to see fish like this!!

A beautiful cow moose that I disturbed.

Me trying to figure out where the hell that heard of elk just went.

Dad at around 12,000 feet.........................COLD does not describe this
      08-27-2007, 01:17 PM   #2
NaViT
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3/E92 335i

beautiful...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

Outstanding. Mountains and landscape in general are my favorite subjects to shoot. Beautiful shots! I agree with you, the Rockies are an amazing place to shoot. I could spend years there and not tire of it.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2007, 11:11 PM   #4
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

nice photos! that first one is great.

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2007, 05:34 AM   #5
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Wow....very very nice pics and what a PLACE man!!! Back when we were kids my best buddy used to always go out to montana every year with his dad and 2 brothers to go elk and pheasant hunting, he always told me how nice it was. Anyway, great pics for sure man and nice catches with the fish too!

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0