E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Lindsay's Into

05-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #67
Motastic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335!

congrads on the car, if you want the front lip, PM me, just converted over to the M3 Rep so selling mind, of course you would have to get it repaints, its BSM
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #68
.Lindsay.
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 vert, B5 S4

^pm'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybui82 View Post
85th my shit. costco..thats the spot.
we're closer to downtown, so I suppose it would technically be central way, but I still call it 85th
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #69
engotski
oh haiii
Philippines
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

Love e30s!

Choosing a direction with front end is tricky. Mtech front is what I really want now after almost a year with an aero lip...
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #70
.Lindsay.
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Time for a re-introduction update!

I sold my 335 in November, I couldn't handle having a car that was not white. So while on the hunt for a white on coral 335, my lack of patience got the best of me and I decided to get a white on fox M3 instead. Bought it November 29th, and after a long nightmare with the shipping/transport company I hired, I finally received the car on Wednesday!

Here's my new toy

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #71
tommyboy0120
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

mineral white? what mods are on the way?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #72
Diesel Pimpin'
I heart D-TUK
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D

Very nice mods! You are the first Washington female modder I have seen since my neighbor with a Srt4! I tip my hat to you!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #73
.Lindsay.
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy0120 View Post
mineral white? what mods are on the way?
Alpine white.

Suspension, wheels and exhaust are on the to-do list as usual, but this car was a bit more money than the 335 I was planning for, so the mod-money I had went towards the down payment instead so the modifying will not happen right away Not to mention I have to finish the E30 too, so that might come first before I touch the M3.

With that said, I have a few parts to sell before I can start on the M3, so if anyone is interested in suspension, wheels or exhaust for their E92 335 let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Pimpin' View Post
You are the first Washington female modder I have seen since my neighbor with a Srt4! I tip my hat to you!
We are definitely few and far between, but there are actually quite a few girls in the car scene!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #74
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Xdrive

Welcome! What are your thoughts between the Audi, 335 and the m3? My bro-in-law and I always have that Audi vs BMW debate. He loves Audi. I have a 335 but have pretty much all the m3 upgrades and then some. Oh and white is great! This was my first white car as well and I love it.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #75
.Lindsay.
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Fair warning, my response below is long. I've had this conversation/debate with many of my friends recently because I have a lot of die-hard Audi friends, as well as a few die-hard BMW friends.

For the short version of my response, just read the first paragraph and the last paragraph. If you're bored and have time to kill then read the rest of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass335 View Post
Welcome! What are your thoughts between the Audi, 335 and the m3? My bro-in-law and I always have that Audi vs BMW debate. He loves Audi. I have a 335 but have pretty much all the m3 upgrades and then some. Oh and white is great! This was my first white car as well and I love it.
Audi vs. BMW will always be based on personal opinion because they are pretty different cars that both have different positive and negative qualities. I'm an Audi person at heart and came very close to buying an S5 instead of the M3, and we still have an S4 in the garage as well.

For me, if we didn't have the S4 already, I would have never even considered getting the 335 in the first place (and therefore would have never ended up with the M3 either). But since I have the S4 to drive in the winter (with Quattro, obviously) I didn't have a need for an all wheel vehicle so I was purposely looking for a RWD car (Porsche or BMW).

When it came down to buying something in March when I got the 335, it ended up being a situation where I had to buy a car that day, and at the time, the 335 was my only option. If I would have had the time to take my time finding the right car, who knows what I would have ended up with.

With that said, I'm glad I was rushed into buying the 335. I loved everything about it aside from the color, and buying the 335 is the only reason why I even upgraded to the M3 in the first place. I used to be all about looks and luxury (thus I was an Audi person), and didn't care about engine/performance/go fast. My moto was "low and slow". That all changed when I got the 335, and I now have a love for the power.

All said and done when comparing Audi vs BMW, the biggest difference is the power/performance and the interior quality. Audi blows BMW out of the water when it comes to the interior, but BMW wins in the performance column. So on the end, it really comes down to personal preference.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #76
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an old person.

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.48]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Lindsay. View Post
Time for a re-introduction update!

I sold my 335 in November, I couldn't handle having a car that was not white. So while on the hunt for a white on coral 335, my lack of patience got the best of me and I decided to get a white on fox M3 instead. Bought it November 29th, and after a long nightmare with the shipping/transport company I hired, I finally received the car on Wednesday!

Here's my new toy

Nice! Congrats! So what's next on the modding list?
      01-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #77
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 328i

:O

facebook.com/jmeasphotography | jmeas.4ormat.com | IG: jmeasphotography
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #78
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 f82

nice!

always nice to see a girl who is into real cars good luck with your new car and keep us posted on your mods!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #79
///M3NACE
Banned
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52

One of my favorite combos! Of all the cars you have owned and have I love that E30. I miss mine so much! I have a E36 M3 Dakar vert and love that thing. I am on the hunt to buy an e30 325ix and an e30 vert. I live in Chicago so many rusty old rats.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #80
.Lindsay.
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Oldboy View Post
Nice! Congrats! So what's next on the modding list?
Here you go, quoted from a few posts up

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Lindsay. View Post
Suspension, wheels and exhaust are on the to-do list as usual, but this car was a bit more money than the 335 I was planning for, so the mod-money I had went towards the down payment instead so the modifying will not happen right away Not to mention I have to finish the E30 too, so that might come first before I touch the M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihsanshaik View Post
One of my favorite combos! Of all the cars you have owned and have, I love that E30. I miss mine so much! I am on the hunt to buy an e30 325ix and an e30 vert. I live in Chicago so many rusty old rats.
If you're willing to ship or travel and trailer a car back, plenty of E30's for sale in the PNW. They seem to be going for a premium lately though (or at least they were near the end of summer). Hell, I paid a pretty high price for mine a few years ago and I could still turn it back to stock and sell it for a higher price now and make a pretty good profit.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #81
TwinTuning
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 335I

Nice
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #82
rentonrider
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [7.00]
Very nice.. Time for a new intro thread..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #83
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Nice! Congrats on the M! Now you and Duy can be twinsies...almost.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #84
rennis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E70 5.0 & B5 S4

Nice M3!

Quote:
Welcome! What are your thoughts between the Audi, 335 and the m3? My bro-in-law and I always have that Audi vs BMW debate. He loves Audi. I have a 335 but have pretty much all the m3 upgrades and then some.
I will chime in on this one. I've owned several Audis, driven virtually everything they make short of an R8 (need to fix that) and have spent a good amount of time behind the wheel of a few BMWs lately too, thanks to the OP's obsession with them.

The Audi/BMW debate will never settle because they are so different. BMW's performance personality vs. Audi's stability and luxury. Both brands do everything pretty well, but BMW is distinctly better at performance and Audi is distinctly better when it comes to interiors and driveability.

If you want or prefer AWD for any reason, Audi wins hands down. There is no comparing an X-Drive vehicle to Quattro. There is no better blend of all weather performance and luxury in the market.

If performance is your thing, BMW wins hands down. RWD and weight balance beats nose-heavy quattro every single time when the rubber hits the road. I love the grip and stability of my S4, and you can really push that car, but compared to an M3 of similar stature, the M3 is definitely more exhilerating to drive.

As for the comparison of the 335 to the M3, it really comes down to the differences in the engines and the added bennies of the M3. The TTI6 in the 335 is an AWESOME engine. Loved everything about it. Great torque through every range, great sound, fun to drive. But the V8 in the M3 and all the other features you can get, including EDC, just make it a whole nother animal. I've barely figured it out at all, but just a few spins in it and I can tell it's one of the best drivers cars that there is. In summary, the 335 is nice, but the M3? Damn.

Back to Audi vs. BMW. We recently drove an S5 and and M3 in back-to-back test drives. Price-wise, the two cars are fairly similar. That's about all they have in common though. The S5 is a grand tourer...quick, but not abrupt. Smooth and powerful. Extremely comfortable and well put together. A gentleman's car. Almost a little boring unless you're pushing it to the limit.

The M3 is a dual-personality beast. A little Jeckyl/Hyde. Truly a lamb when you baby it, but a monster when you unleash it. I wish the 4.0 was a bit torquier but that's the nature of the S65. Even with it's high-strung nature, it's a blast to drive hard.

So in summary, I think they are apples/oranges. I happen to love them both, and feel pretty lucky I get to enjoy both brands.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #85
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

very nice, the e30 looks great
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #86
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
congrats made the same upgrade and love it!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #87
Hierlevelz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 AW E9X M

Nice choice on the cars and the colors. I came over from the Audi scene myself. Owned a B5 Avant and a B6 Sedan both 1.8QT with mods. Then jumped into an EvoX which I loved for its power and handling but I couldnt not get over the lack of interior quality. So I traded it a year ago for a montego blue coupe. Almost got an M3 sedan but couldnt bring myself to sell my bike to finace the downpayment. Two weeks ago I traded once again for a Tiag E90. Needed the additional doors for the little guy who arrived.
Heres a few pics from the past and present

Last edited by Hierlevelz; 01-08-2013 at 12:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #88
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennis
Nice M3!

Quote:
Welcome! What are your thoughts between the Audi, 335 and the m3? My bro-in-law and I always have that Audi vs BMW debate. He loves Audi. I have a 335 but have pretty much all the m3 upgrades and then some.
I will chime in on this one. I've owned several Audis, driven virtually everything they make short of an R8 (need to fix that) and have spent a good amount of time behind the wheel of a few BMWs lately too, thanks to the OP's obsession with them.

The Audi/BMW debate will never settle because they are so different. BMW's performance personality vs. Audi's stability and luxury. Both brands do everything pretty well, but BMW is distinctly better at performance and Audi is distinctly better when it comes to interiors and driveability.

If you want or prefer AWD for any reason, Audi wins hands down. There is no comparing an X-Drive vehicle to Quattro. There is no better blend of all weather performance and luxury in the market.

If performance is your thing, BMW wins hands down. RWD and weight balance beats nose-heavy quattro every single time when the rubber hits the road. I love the grip and stability of my S4, and you can really push that car, but compared to an M3 of similar stature, the M3 is definitely more exhilerating to drive.

As for the comparison of the 335 to the M3, it really comes down to the differences in the engines and the added bennies of the M3. The TTI6 in the 335 is an AWESOME engine. Loved everything about it. Great torque through every range, great sound, fun to drive. But the V8 in the M3 and all the other features you can get, including EDC, just make it a whole nother animal. I've barely figured it out at all, but just a few spins in it and I can tell it's one of the best drivers cars that there is. In summary, the 335 is nice, but the M3? Damn.

Back to Audi vs. BMW. We recently drove an S5 and and M3 in back-to-back test drives. Price-wise, the two cars are fairly similar. That's about all they have in common though. The S5 is a grand tourer...quick, but not abrupt. Smooth and powerful. Extremely comfortable and well put together. A gentleman's car. Almost a little boring unless you're pushing it to the limit.

The M3 is a dual-personality beast. A little Jeckyl/Hyde. Truly a lamb when you baby it, but a monster when you unleash it. I wish the 4.0 was a bit torquier but that's the nature of the S65. Even with it's high-strung nature, it's a blast to drive hard.

So in summary, I think they are apples/oranges. I happen to love them both, and feel pretty lucky I get to enjoy both brands.
Wouldn't the rs4/ 4rs5 be more comparable to the m3? I would consider s4/ s5's to be equivalent to a 335i, maybe closer to the 335is but you get the idea.
Appreciate 0