E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335i product development-Southern NJ

09-01-2007, 07:13 AM   #45
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
Major
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management's Avatar
Rep
Drives: 2012 Abarth 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik View Post
I remember you, I used to own a Audi S4 2002, don't know you personally, but hung around Audiworld.

You bought AWE Tuning's Silver Bullet a few years ago. Time for a change I guess to a new ride?

Interested to hear about the mods. Subscribed.

The AWE Silverbullet was always my car, I aligned myself with AWE using it as the testbed for prototype and design and testing, many of the parts-ideas-tuning developed on the car over the years are being sold through AWE to this day. I met Eric from Helix through AWE years ago, his focus was on the mini/BMW market. I purchased a mini cooper s and wanted more power so we designed and tuned a twincharger kit for it, Helix sells this kit as well as new developments for the R56 and now the 335i. We have lots of ideas and plans for this platform.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 08:03 AM   #46
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTurboBullett View Post
the Helix Attache DME tuner is a custom piggyback engine management computer that takes on alot more involvement(ie more inputs) than any piggyback currently on the market (at a projected price that is alot more palatable), although the procede V2 seems to be going in that direction. we have just completed tuning for the mini cooper S turbo with incredible results and are currently in beta testing. I plan to show everyone actually how well the system works not only in basic tuning upgrades like what you've seen so far but in far more wild and advanced applications. The OZ ultraleggeras are the wheels on my car. its great to see so many former S4 guys on here, kinda crazy when you think of it that Audi lost all of these diehards to BMW.
cool, good to see some more competition...
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 08:17 AM   #47
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
the Helix Attache DME tuner is a custom piggyback engine management computer that takes on alot more involvement(ie more inputs) than any piggyback currently on the market (at a projected price that is alot more palatable), although the procede V2 seems to be going in that direction. we have just completed tuning for the mini cooper S turbo with incredible results and are currently in beta testing. I plan to show everyone actually how well the system works not only in basic tuning upgrades like what you've seen so far but in far more wild and advanced applications. The OZ ultraleggeras are the wheels on my car. its great to see so many former S4 guys on here, kinda crazy when you think of it that Audi lost all of these diehards to BMW.

When will rhe OZ Ultraleggeras-Helix Attache DME Tuner be available?

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 08:24 AM   #48
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i07 View Post
When will rhe OZ Ultraleggeras-Helix Attache DME Tuner be available?
you can get the wheels from tirerack now. We will start needing local beta test cars in about 2-3 weeks for the DME tuner, Eric will make a post as we get closer to that.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 08:39 AM   #49
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
you can get the wheels from tirerack now. We will start needing local beta test cars in about 2-3 weeks for the DME tuner, Eric will make a post as we get closer to that.
Is the DME tuner a new device that was developed for these new platforms, or is it just a new harness/firmware/map for something that was already availible for years for other platforms, like the Xede, Procede, and Haltech interceptor?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 08:44 AM   #50
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
Is the DME tuner a new device that was developed for these new platforms, or is it just a new harness/firmware/map for something that was already availible for years for other platforms, like the Xede, Procede, and Haltech interceptor?
this is custom software/hardware its much more "standalone like" than any other piggyback I have tuned in the past.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 09:17 AM   #51
bnj
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Looks like we are getting serious here. Time to shop for LSD and wider rear fenders...
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 09:39 AM   #52
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Quote:
Since I have the PROcede, Id be willing to be a beta tester for you guys and do back to back dyno runs if you want.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 08:03 AM   #53
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i Dravit Grey

Quote:
The AWE Silverbullet was always my car, I aligned myself with AWE using it as the testbed for prototype and design and testing, many of the parts-ideas-tuning developed on the car over the years are being sold through AWE to this day. I met Eric from Helix through AWE years ago, his focus was on the mini/BMW market. I purchased a mini cooper s and wanted more power so we designed and tuned a twincharger kit for it, Helix sells this kit as well as new developments for the R56 and now the 335i. We have lots of ideas and plans for this platform.
Did not know that. Fantastic. Always wondered if that was there car or not. You sold it then, they just called it AWE Silver Bullet I guess for added marketing etc...

Yeah, that thing was a monster.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 09:08 AM   #54
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
Since I have the PROcede, Id be willing to be a beta tester for you guys and do back to back dyno runs if you want.

sounds awesome
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 10:40 AM   #55
Bimmer335i07
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
sounds awesome
Let me know if you want me to setup a meet for next Sunday or is it going to be a small gathering. I know for sure that Alex (HyperM3) will be there.

Hope you spoke to Eric and he will be able to sponsor some kind of BBQ meet.

Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #56
kenni243
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335I Sedan - Black/Black

"Helix Attache DME tuner" sound very interesting...Can't wait for more info on this...

Subscribed
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2007, 09:30 PM   #57
Helix Wildebeest
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Mini TurboKompressor

Well he still doesn't work alone. My name is Anthony and I am also from the realm of the B5 S4. You may know me from such episodes of Audi World when Blitzkrieg attacks! I how ever did not migrate towards the BMWs. Anywho Mark and I are planning some good reliable upgrades for the 335 that make real power. Once we are done with R&D and road testing, we are going to strap more windmills to this car that the Dutch are going to be envious.:rocks: Already I am in love with the 335. We just finished installing the carbon fiber hood and CSL trunklid to Mark's car and WoWeeee what a transformation I am going to call the car "Redrocket". I hope to see you all at Helix this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2007, 09:48 PM   #58
Bimmer335i07
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaRTan8 View Post
Well he still doesn't work alone. My name is Anthony and I am also from the realm of the B5 S4. You may know me from such episodes of Audi World when Blitzkrieg attacks! I how ever did not migrate towards the BMWs. Anywho Mark and I are planning some good reliable upgrades for the 335 that make real power. Once we are done with R&D and road testing, we are going to strap more windmills to this car that the Dutch are going to be envious.:rocks: Already I am in love with the 335. We just finished installing the carbon fiber hood and CSL trunklid to Mark's car and WoWeeee what a transformation I am going to call the car "Redrocket". I hope to see you all at Helix this weekend.
So, is it confirmed? What's the date/time and address?

Thanks!

Will this be a small gathering? Or are all e9x invited?

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2007, 09:49 PM   #59
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

sounds like a plan! Im supposed to be in Philly to help a friend tune his car at my other friends shop (phillydynoworks) on Saturday, but Formula D is that day as well in NJ, so I might go attend the drift event (have a few big shot friends I have to stop in to say hi to) but I'm torn on that...Sunday I would much rather swing down there rather than the hometown meet that they are trying to set up....
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2007, 09:52 PM   #60
Bimmer335i07
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbrokeagain View Post
sounds like a plan! Im supposed to be in Philly to help a friend tune his car at my other friends shop (phillydynoworks) on Saturday, but Formula D is that day as well in NJ, so I might go attend the drift event (have a few big shot friends I have to stop in to say hi to) but I'm torn on that...Sunday I would much rather swing down there rather than the hometown meet that they are trying to set up....
If anything, you can meet me somewhere in NJ and we can roll there together. Just make sure that you can catch up. lol!

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2007, 09:01 AM   #61
Helix Wildebeest
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Mini TurboKompressor

I am not 100% sure on the chistled in stone info. I am sure Mark will get on here today with the yeah or neah.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2007, 09:14 AM   #62
HyperM3
United_States
Rep

Regardless, it seems like a meet WILL happen no matter what or where. Even if it ends up being for lunch and a fun drive.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2007, 09:15 AM   #63
Bimmer335i07
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
Regardless, it seems like a meet WILL happen no matter what or where. Even if it ends up being for lunch and a fun drive.
Alex, go post it up in the regional forum.

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #64
eric@helix
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 M Coupe, 08 135i, '12 328i

I suggest we meet here Sunday at 10ish for some shop talk, coffee and doughnuts, followed by a drive via some good roads in Philly, ending up at Pat's steaks, the epicenter of fine quisine here in Philly. By then you'll have a window into our version of the future of BMW turbo tuning, and will be well on your way to a heart attack.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #65
HyperM3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric@helix View Post
I suggest we meet here Sunday at 10ish for some shop talk, coffee and doughnuts, followed by a drive via some good roads in Philly, ending up at Pat's steaks, the epicenter of fine quisine here in Philly. By then you'll have a window into our version of the future of BMW turbo tuning, and will be well on your way to a heart attack.
Sounds like a fantastic plan. Got an address I can post up?
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2007, 03:26 PM   #66
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric@helix View Post
Hey Eric, Welcome to E90Post...

any details on your DME tuner?
Appreciate 0