E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Battery Issues 09 323i

03-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
ibadk
Rep
Drives: 2009 323i

Battery Issues 09 323i

Hey Guys,

Quick question. I had an after market sound system installed in my car a few years back when it was brand new, literally right out of the lot. Very dumb mistake by me and I've regretted it ever since. The idiot who installed the system clearly didn't know what he was doing and this resulted in the amp draining power from the battery even when the car was off. I then went to audio heaven in Toronto to have it fixed, now the amp no longer remained on when the car was off. I've since removed the amp and the sub from my car completely, but the wiring still remains. However, I believe there were some electrical screw-ups by the first person that did the work. Since purchasing the car I've had the battery replaced twice, constantly have to get my car boosted if it remains off for longer than 12 hours. It's a real headache and I know that the issue is in the wiring that the first guy did. I'm pretty sure I can even pinpoint the exact spot, I just don't have the tech savvy to actually determine the issue. My question is, what's the best shop to take it to in order to have this issue fixed for good because carrying around a battery pack isn't the most effective solution. I'm going to RMP for my brakes later next week, so just wanted everyone's opinion on whether that would be a good place for electrical work as well. Thanks.

-Kam
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
n52330i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i

Yes RMP is good place for any BMW especially E90. They make complete race car!!

I am positive they can help your car!

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
surendrant
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E92 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. RMP is great man they'll fix it up.
Appreciate 0