E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Exterior / Cosmetic Parts > FREE Vorsteiner e92 CSL CF bootlid (Bring me your Black Sapphire OEM one-- Texas)

10-14-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
doubled24
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

FREE Vorsteiner e92 CSL CF bootlid (Bring me your Black Sapphire OEM one-- Texas)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
As the title says, I have a Vorsteiner single sided cf bootlid for the e92.

I couldn't find a body shop that would promise a paint match without spraying fenders and bumper earlier this year, so it has been sitting on my car unpainted since then. I'm headed back to grad school so will be parting out the car for sale, thus the offer.

Im located here in Austin, TX

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this trunk, it could probably use some paint though. Ideally im looking for :

1) Someone to drive to Austin, or possibly meet in Houston or Dallas with your BSM e92 (pref 07/08 builds). Trunk should be in good condition. I'm not worried about a few scratches or nicks, but it doesn't really save me any stress if I have to to get it painted.

2) We swap trunks at my house or a parking lot or whatever. I'm not looking to help you install all the components in the trunk, but I will help you mount the locking mechanism and fit the trunk so that it is secure for the ride home. I personally did the disassembly of my old trunk, so the actual process of removing them shouldn't take us more than a half hour.

3) Both parties profit

I would like to keep it local for the time being, if I don't get any takers then I might be willing to work out shipping arrangements. Please PM me, email me at spa0221@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Shaun

Last edited by doubled24; 05-20-2010 at 07:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
frosh
aw e92 335xi
Greece
Rep
Drives: aw e92 335xi

hey if you don't find anyone in Texas, I would be willing to pay your for shipping. and get mine freshly painted in black and shipped over!!! let me know
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
ium3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Wow...what a great deal
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 10:55 AM   #4
doubled24
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosh View Post
hey if you don't find anyone in Texas, I would be willing to pay your for shipping. and get mine freshly painted in black and shipped over!!! let me know

Not really in any rush to get this done today or even this month... If it comes down to one of you guys getting something repainted and shipped over I *MIGHT* take a longtran paint job, otherwise prob not... would really prefer to stick to a bmw oem spray for obvious reasons.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #5
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Let me know if you ever drive to LA. I have a OEM BSM trunk for you.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
PokGuy
The Ma of all E90's
Rep
Drives: the neighbors craaazzzyy!

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
leave it cf get some cf grilles, cf splitters and match it
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #7
Das M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 ///M3

damn, i would take my trunk to BMW and have them paint it to trade you...lol
      10-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #8
doubled24
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by no34babyshaq View Post
leave it cf get some cf grilles, cf splitters and match it
I recently had a revelation that i hated what I was doing for a living and that it was never really going to change. So I decided I was going back to school next fall but was planning on keeping the car and working until that point...

Long story short: My boss hates his life and has a quick temper...I quit my job on the spot one day, heading to BC to be a ski bum off savings until grad school starts, and have no room for 2 rwd bimmers up there. Not to mention it is doubtful i could maintain and make payments on the e92 while being a full time student.

I'm sure one could find the right person who would want to purchase my car in its modified form, but for the most part it is best you return it as close as possible to stock if you are looking to sell it in a relatively short time frame... so no more shiny cf parts for me, hopefully I can find a private buyer before heading north after Xmas, but if not I'd like to have it in a condition that won't get me bent over by carmax.

Longwinded bump complete
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 05:15 PM   #9
s1cke92
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

damn if u can ship this to long tran ill take it off your hands. and once he receive it ill pay ya =] im sure he would do this for me. cuz ill drive down there to pick up the mtech rear =]

and ill have him paint the White trunk i have to your color and ship it. ill handle all the shipping cost =]

LMK!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 06:17 PM   #10
E92murdered
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

pm'd lmk thank you.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 07:43 PM   #11
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Got any pics of the truck lid because I have what you need!!

A Black Sapphire truck lid and you have what I need.

If it looks good we can work something out!!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #12
s1cke92
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

everyone BACK OFF! let me have this =]
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #13
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

LOL, HEY! You got the hood I wanted, so I get the truck, besides I have the color he wants, so there is no painting involved on his end!! =)

As long as very thing looks good on the lid he has.

The pics will determine this out come!! LOL
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 10:03 PM   #14
doubled24
Private First Class
Rep

I'll update with high res fotos tomorrow when I have some light... had a few rather prompt replies from people willing to cross-ship... like i set off some kind of shark feeding frenzy lol. To the kid that called me 4 times in a 3 hour period while i was napping today... you pretty much ensured I will ignore all calls from your entire province. still holding out for possibility of something regional, but I will keep you guys up to date.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #15
dragazn
Major
Rep
Drives: i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.76]
What if I give you a trunk in space grey color 08 build + $400?
Let me know maybe we can work something out, i'm in DFW area
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 10:33 PM   #16
PokGuy
The Ma of all E90's
Rep
Drives: the neighbors craaazzzyy!

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubled24 View Post
I recently had a revelation that i hated what I was doing for a living and that it was never really going to change. So I decided I was going back to school next fall but was planning on keeping the car and working until that point...

Long story short: My boss hates his life and has a quick temper...I quit my job on the spot one day, heading to BC to be a ski bum off savings until grad school starts, and have no room for 2 rwd bimmers up there. Not to mention it is doubtful i could maintain and make payments on the e92 while being a full time student.

I'm sure one could find the right person who would want to purchase my car in its modified form, but for the most part it is best you return it as close as possible to stock if you are looking to sell it in a relatively short time frame... so no more shiny cf parts for me, hopefully I can find a private buyer before heading north after Xmas, but if not I'd like to have it in a condition that won't get me bent over by carmax.

Longwinded bump complete
dam dude... that fcking sucks major ballz... good luck man. i hate my job too lol but i am still in school and need to work harder -_-x
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 10:37 PM   #17
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Quote:
I'll update with high res fotos tomorrow when I have some light... had a few rather prompt replies from people willing to cross-ship... like i set off some kind of shark feeding frenzy lol. To the kid that called me 4 times in a 3 hour period while i was napping today... you pretty much ensured I will ignore all calls from your entire province. still holding out for possibility of something regional, but I will keep you guys up to date.
Name:  Beaver Color.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  61.1 KB
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 10:53 PM   #18
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

I hope its not from my province (ontario).

If I have to I will have to visit my cuz in Houston soon!!!

Remember I have the color you want and its off a 2008.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 12:32 AM   #19
doubled24
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by no34babyshaq View Post
dam dude... that fcking sucks major ballz... good luck man. i hate my job too lol but i am still in school and need to work harder -_-x
nothing sucks balls, im glad i did not submit and essentially abandon all hope of really going somewhere in life. I'm set for the time being, only thing that concerns me is lack of health insurance for a while. I'll trade my BMW for a little peace of mind anyday... Afterall, If you aren't enjoying what you do everyday, it seems to me rather idiotic to continue stressing yourself out over something you can change. Hard work is undoubtedly the key to success on any path you take in life, but it is much easier to consistently produce when you are motivated about what you are working on.

</whiskey rant>

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
I hope its not from my province (ontario).

If I have to I will have to visit my cuz in Houston soon!!!

Remember I have the color you want and its off a 2008.

Hmmmmmmm. I supposed I won't burn any bridges, but ima keep an eye on you guy
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 12:52 AM   #20
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Talking

Quote:
nothing sucks balls, im glad i did not submit and essentially abandon all hope of really going somewhere in life. I'm set for the time being, only thing that concerns me is lack of health insurance for a while. I'll trade my BMW for a little peace of mind anyday... Afterall, If you aren't enjoying what you do everyday, it seems to me rather idiotic to continue stressing yourself out over something you can change. Hard work is undoubtedly the key to success on any path you take in life, but it is much easier to consistently produce when you are motivated about what you are working on.

</whiskey rant>

Hmmmmmmm. I supposed I won't burn any bridges, but ima keep an eye on you guy

OK let me know what you want to do (remember I need to see pics of your's first!!) and we will work something out we will both like!!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 01:55 AM   #21
doubled24
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
OK let me know what you want to do (remember I need to see pics of your's first!!) and we will work something out we will both like!!

We will be playing a little game, and I should probably be the one more concerned with seeing pictures of the exchanged product. I am looking to bolt it on and sell the car... you will end up with a product that is likely going for paint anyway. Pics will be up tomorrow.

Last edited by doubled24; 10-16-2009 at 10:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 03:53 AM   #22
s1cke92
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

lol at the kid who called u 3 times.
Appreciate 0