E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > ALL ABOARD EMDEN - Departing Nov 29th?

12-12-2006, 04:33 PM   #45
indian
Rep
Drives: 328xi Couple SG/Black/Alum

got some fresh info from my CA, he looked on centernet, my car is supposed to hit port on the 17th, he has no way of determining what vessel it is on, says my car is on priority 1 to be unloaded, he will personaly call bmw prep center and have it released in 1 day and try to get it into the dealership on the 21st;

i am not sure if all this is really possible. what do you guys think???

and my last questions, am i on the emden.....; do you think i will ever find out.....
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 06:55 PM   #46
DrDomer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci ZHP, 1999 Miata

Got no clue why he can tell you when it should hit port, but not be able to tell you what ship it's on. Seems counterintuitive. As far as getting it to you that quick, I think he's a little naive, and maybe blowing some smoke up your arse. Good luck though, I hope he's right.
      12-18-2006, 08:00 AM   #47
Hsv-Dan
Rep
Drives: 335 Coupe, 04 Cayenne S, 95 M3

Emden in th eport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDomer
Emden is running late... KLine expects it into Charleston on Dec 18th and Baltimore Dec 20th.. :mad: Looks like our cars won't make it by Christmas. Not to mention it looks like the ship is going to take a break in the Azores. WTF? Why not take a stop in the Bahamas why you guys are at it.
She's at the dock! Starts unloading at 7:00 am. Still won't make X-mas for me, dealer delivery supposed to be 23rd or 24th. Right.

Dan
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2006, 09:45 AM   #48
DrDomer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsv-Dan
She's at the dock! Starts unloading at 7:00 am. Still won't make X-mas for me, dealer delivery supposed to be 23rd or 24th. Right.

You'll get your's sooner than me... at least I would assume Alabama would get cars quicker than Iowa. I'm hoping for a Happy New Year!
      12-18-2006, 12:18 PM   #49
indian
Rep

Quote:

Dan

Why does my CA keep telling me that he can probably get my car released today and deliver by Thursday or Friday of this week......... he seems so certain. i hope he is not setting me up for a big let down.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2006, 12:39 PM   #50
DrDomer
Major
United_States
Rep

Where do you live? That seems awfully quick. If you do get it that quick... I'll be letting my CA know. I'm planning by New Year's... That way I can be let down when it gets hung up in the Vehicle Processing Center for 2 weeks.
      12-18-2006, 01:39 PM   #51
indian
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDomer
Where do you live? That seems awfully quick. If you do get it that quick... I'll be letting my CA know. I'm planning by New Year's... That way I can be let down when it gets hung up in the Vehicle Processing Center for 2 weeks.
I live in Dayton, Ohio.........; i am going to try to hold my CA to this.....
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2006, 01:46 PM   #52
DrDomer
Major
United_States
Rep

I just emailed mine... I'll post when I get info...BTW, I'm in Iowa.
      12-18-2006, 06:08 PM   #53
Hsv-Dan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian
Why does my CA keep telling me that he can probably get my car released today and deliver by Thursday or Friday of this week......... he seems so certain. i hope he is not setting me up for a big let down.
Would Dayton be serviced from Charleston? What about Iowa? The ship is due in Baltimore on the 20th. What areas do they support?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2006, 06:14 PM   #54
iranoff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Smile The best Christmas present

I talked to my dealer today and he said my car was already in Spartanburg and should be on the truck headed to B'ham some time tomorrow. He said barring any trucking problems I would definitely have my car before Christmas.

I am so excited....I really feel like a kid waiting on Santa :-) Fortunately I am on vacation for the next two weeks after Christmas. I'm thinking road trip.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2006, 06:24 PM   #55
DrDomer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Would Dayton be serviced from Charleston? What about Iowa? The ship is due in Baltimore on the 20th. What areas do they support?
Good question. I have no clue. Seems Charleston 1042 miles) really not further away than Baltimore (854 miles) to Iowa. If it is going to be till the 20the to get off... that will blow.

Either way I'm expecting delivery next week.
      12-18-2006, 06:39 PM   #56
Hsv-Dan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iranoff
I talked to my dealer today and he said my car was already in Spartanburg and should be on the truck headed to B'ham some time tomorrow. He said barring any trucking problems I would definitely have my car before Christmas.
The ship landed at Charleston this moring, about 1:30. Hard to believe your car has moved that much today. I'm hoping your guy is right, but afraid he is not up to date.

I have a trip to Louisville this weekend, would love to do it in the 335, but really expect to see the car mid next week.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2006, 06:45 PM   #57
iranoff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The ship landed at Charleston this moring, about 1:30. Hard to believe your car has moved that much today. I'm hoping your guy is right, but afraid he is not up to date.

I have a trip to Louisville this weekend, would love to do it in the 335, but really expect to see the car mid next week.
My rep assures me that he is up to date on the info. He said it went by train to Spartanburg PC earlier today and it usually takes one day there before it is loaded on a truck. I wouldn't think it would take more than a couple of days to get to B'ham.....even making stops along the way.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2006, 06:55 PM   #58
DrDomer
Major
United_States
Rep

My dealer really had no guesses. Figured it would be a week before car is delivered to me. I suppose the day after Christmas would be ok I wouldn't have the post-Christmas blues!
      12-18-2006, 07:32 PM   #59
Hsv-Dan
Rep

Quote:
My rep assures me that he is up to date on the info. He said it went by train to Spartanburg PC earlier today and it usually takes one day there before it is loaded on a truck. I wouldn't think it would take more than a couple of days to get to B'ham.....even making stops along the way.
I'd love to be surprised that way, I'm only 90 minutes further north!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2006, 04:08 AM   #60
iranoff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'd love to be surprised that way, I'm only 90 minutes further north!
Maybe ours will be on the same truck :-)
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2006, 09:09 AM   #61
quickdraw_mcg
Quickdraw
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335i Coupe

Quote:

I your rep is right too. I'm right above Atlanta. Should know for sure by tomorrow if Santa Claus is on time.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2006, 09:56 AM   #62
Hsv-Dan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw_mcg
I'm right above Atlanta. Should know for sure by tomorrow if Santa Claus is on time.
You are close enough to Road Atlanta to make me jealous. This car will be a blast there, once it gets a few miles on it and a few suspension tweaks.

My sig pic is in the middle of turn four in my old M coupe. These days I go to Barber for that type of fun, but I need to get back to RA for that back straight and the drop to the front straight.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2006, 10:36 AM   #63
DrDomer
Major
United_States
Rep

This part is tough. No tracking available! The wait is killing me!
      12-19-2006, 03:43 PM   #64
indian
Rep

Update, my CA just called, my ship is not in port yet, he now says 21st arrival date on port, can my car still be on the emden, or is it now certain that it is not emden. so looks like i will get it the week after christmas, what can i say. i will have a happy new year and also a merry christmas. wish the tracking was a little more accurate.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2006, 03:51 PM   #65
Hsv-Dan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian
Update, my CA just called, my ship is not in port yet, he now says 21st arrival date on port, can my car still be on the emden, or is it now certain that it is not emden. so looks like i will get it the week after christmas, what can i say. i will have a happy new year and also a merry christmas. wish the tracking was a little more accurate.
The Emden left Charleston Monday evening for Baltimore, if you're serviced from there, it could still be on the Emden. Kline still shows the 20th as the arrival date.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2006, 11:54 AM   #66
quickdraw_mcg
Quickdraw
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335i Coupe

Any new word on delivery?

My CA is supposed to call me back, still waiting.

800# says it is a awaiting a shipping vessell.

Hope it means a truck.
Appreciate 0