E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > 1 N55 - 2 tunes PTF & Wedge ( Logs incl'd )

05-11-2015, 09:30 PM   #23
HP_HOUND
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
OP good job on taking the time and spending the money to do this
I just had one question. Are we comparing a final map done by PTF to a map that wedge himself said it might need a bit more adjustments?
Ken wasn't sure if it was adaptions or needed to be slightly tweaked. He said he would need more logs to know for sure. I got the impression that we are really close if not final. Ken said he would be a unavailable for a week so I hadn't sent anymore logs in besides since sending my final logs, I'm looking to get an E30 or E40 tune and it would be good to get some opinions so I can decide which tuner to proceed with.

Also, Ken at Wedge has a slightly different procedure in that he asks you for your datazap account so I don't actually email him the logs I just let him know they are posted on datazap.me Ken had access to all my logs from the PTF tune and the logs it posted on his tune. Ken looked at the PTF tune and did point out some differences of which was timing, Wgdc, boost curve, but I never got a good explanation of what it really means. I think boost is obvious and I understand that the waste gate is like a bleeder valve which sends the exhaust through the turbo or straight out of the exhaust. I know what timing is but I don't quite understand how it all comes together to make a tune better or worst.

So I have 2 tune with different levels of boost but I have a hard time telling which one is better. Is one safer than the other? I would describe the PTF tune as loads of Torque. Very Nice. The Wedge tune pulls hard, more boost. Maybe smooth power is the word. Both tunes are nice. I can't decide which one I like better. From what has been pointed out, the Wedge tune can be improved from changes in timing and the PTF tune would maybe benefit from better WGDC control. I personally don't know what to look for, but I can tell from some of the post that there is some improvements to be had from both.

The good news is there are at least two good options for anyone looking for an e- tune. I did like the way Wedge sent a base map to load before I pulled my first log. I also like posting to datazap.me and using that tool as the common interface for communicating as it keeps the logs more organized.

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 10:44 PM   #24
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_HOUND View Post
Ken wasn't sure if it was adaptions or needed to be slightly tweaked. He said he would need more logs to know for sure. I got the impression that we are really close if not final. Ken said he would be a unavailable for a week so I hadn't sent anymore logs in besides since sending my final logs, I'm looking to get an E30 or E40 tune and it would be good to get some opinions so I can decide which tuner to proceed with.

Also, Ken at Wedge has a slightly different procedure in that he asks you for your datazap account so I don't actually email him the logs I just let him know they are posted on datazap.me Ken had access to all my logs from the PTF tune and the logs it posted on his tune. Ken looked at the PTF tune and did point out some differences of which was timing, Wgdc, boost curve, but I never got a good explanation of what it really means. I think boost is obvious and I understand that the waste gate is like a bleeder valve which sends the exhaust through the turbo or straight out of the exhaust. I know what timing is but I don't quite understand how it all comes together to make a tune better or worst.

So I have 2 tune with different levels of boost but I have a hard time telling which one is better. Is one safer than the other? I would describe the PTF tune as loads of Torque. Very Nice. The Wedge tune pulls hard, more boost. Maybe smooth power is the word. Both tunes are nice. I can't decide which one I like better. From what has been pointed out, the Wedge tune can be improved from changes in timing and the PTF tune would maybe benefit from better WGDC control. I personally don't know what to look for, but I can tell from some of the post that there is some improvements to be had from both.

The good news is there are at least two good options for anyone looking for an e- tune. I did like the way Wedge sent a base map to load before I pulled my first log. I also like posting to datazap.me and using that tool as the common interface for communicating as it keeps the logs more organized.
I agree with you both are really good at what they do.
The only reason i was asking about if the map was final was because someone above pointed out the fact that you are running very rich on the wedge tune and that is normal if the map is not final yet.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 01:04 PM   #25
proTUNING Freaks
Rep
Drives: powered by bootmod3

Unfortunately this thread seems to have turned into a mess

@BuraQ please refrain from unnecessary mentions to us in your posts going forward. Having said that, we wish you all the best with any/all of your customers. We have nothing further to say.

HP_HOUND, let us know if we can help in any way further and we'll get right to it. After your HPFP was replaced recently let us know if you'd like us to review any logs at all.

Regards,
PTF
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2015, 10:20 PM   #26
CantCatchMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i xdrive msport(E92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_HOUND View Post

Did you ever get your E30 or E40 map?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 11:57 AM   #27
Dodo_
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Is there an update to this vehicle, I'm in the market and curious on the comparison. Also, did anyone bother to notice that PTF is running AFR at 12 throughout the pull with Wedge is at 11.4 THAT is a huge difference. I will be very skeptic of anything higher that 11.8.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 02:33 PM   #28
Newguy123
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Nissan Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo_ View Post
Is there an update to this vehicle, I'm in the market and curious on the comparison. Also, did anyone bother to notice that PTF is running AFR at 12 throughout the pull with Wedge is at 11.4 THAT is a huge difference. I will be very skeptic of anything higher that 11.8.
lmfaoooooooooo I RUN MINE AT 13.0....have over 200 1/2 mile WOT runs from 40mph to my 155mph limiter with no issues
Fuel-It! direct port meth injection
check out my youtube channel here
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 03:22 PM   #29
Dodo_
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy123 View Post
lmfaoooooooooo I RUN MINE AT 13.0....have over 200 1/2 mile WOT runs from 40mph to my 155mph limiter with no issues
This is my first DI, I guess I ignored that. 13 seems crazy to me O_o, but I looked at the timing also where the log goes for 6-4. Im used to 14-16* and 11.8 on PI.

Newguy, what's your timing looking like with your AFR? just curious.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 03:41 PM   #30
Newguy123
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Nissan Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo_ View Post
This is my first DI, I guess I ignored that. 13 seems crazy to me O_o, but I looked at the timing also where the log goes for 6-4. Im used to 14-16* and 11.8 on PI.

Newguy, what's your timing looking like with your AFR? just curious.
with pump gas thats way lean but e50 not so much. i run about 8* max. on n55 more timing doesnt really make much more power past 8* from what ive seen
Fuel-It! direct port meth injection
check out my youtube channel here
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 04:06 PM   #31
CantCatchMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i xdrive msport(E92)

My AFRs is in the 12.2-12-6 range on E50 map by Wedge. I guess we'll see when I'm done with my pump map only where it lies.
Appreciate 0