E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Question: Transfering Warranty to 2nd owner and specifics on what's covered

02-21-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
amdspitfire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 97 328is, 07 335i

Question: Transfering Warranty to 2nd owner and specifics on what's covered

I just purchased an 07 335i with about a year left on the 4yr/50k warranty/maintenance. Have a couple quick questions on the warranty:

1. How do I transfer the warranty under new owners name?
  2. It's mentioned that soft items aren't covered, but is the aluminum trim and steering wheel insert covered if they're peeling/marked?
  3. How do I check the status on oil changes and other maintenance items?
  4. Car doesn't have an oil cooler, should I contact BMWNA and try to get them to cover it?

Thanks.

Last edited by amdspitfire; 02-21-2010 at 12:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
chromisdesigns
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan

warranty goes with the car, not the owner. Just go to the dealer of your choice and tell them you bought it, would like to have a readout of the service history and time until next services, and get set up with them for the next time you need service or warranty work.

Al trim should be covered.

Check your manual for how to get the car to tell you time remaining until service. For some things, you need the dealer to tell you, if you don't have the service history (like brake fluid and coolant, for instance).

The only way BMW will pay for an oil cooler retrofit is if you car overheats and/or throws the appropriate codes. Then, they **MAY** pay for it, depends on them. Otherwise, you are outta luck on that one.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
amdspitfire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 97 328is, 07 335i

I noticed this piece has a cracked chunk missing where one of the tabs holds it. Would it be covered?
Appreciate 0