Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > pulling question

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-29-2008, 01:10 AM   #1
dth656
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

pulling question

hi all,

i thought i'd pose the question to the experts on the forum before going for an alignment.

i recently had two new tires installed on my e90 330i w/ sport pkg (staggered setup). after the tires were installed, i noticed that the car started pulling to the right (more so than the crown or drainage slope would cause).

my question is do you guys have any ideas about what could cause it? i already checked a few hypotheses:
-tire pressures - these were a little off, but even after filling all the tires, the pull continues
-mis matched tires - nope, same type, tread and size of falken tire on both sides
-tires incorrectly installed - it was early morning, and i watched them install the tires, seemed ok to me

btw, i haven't hit any potholes, curbs or had any other incidents that might cause pulling

thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 02:39 AM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I think it's just tramlining or your alignment is off a little bit. Every time they install new tires make sure everything is balanced.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
dth656
First Lieutenant
Rep

cool thanks, i'll probalbly take it in for an alignment then. i did notice that the falkens tramline more than the kumho's i just had on there, but the pull is noticeable even on brand new asphalt surfaces...

however, if one of the wheel's balance were off, wouldn't there be vibration from that wheel at higher speeds?

thanks again
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
dth656
First Lieutenant
Rep

ahh crap, i just read my origina post, and i forgot to tell you guys that the two REAR tires were replaced.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 11:20 PM   #5
homydevil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i cabriolet

rear tires shouldnt cause the pull that you are describing unless significant low air
I know that much that new tires in the front can cause some pull if your cambers are out a bit but the older tires rub in such a fashion that there is no pull
in your case its simply the older tires probably causing it which you happened to notice now, check your tires for inner and outer edge wear and you will find the answer(i think left tire inner edge)