E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E92 Boot Install Advice

09-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
neocleous
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i SE E92 Coupe

E92 Boot Install Advice

Hi all,

As some of you may know I have been getting advice from the forums on some equipment for my E92 and I have finally got back from a long business trip and I am ready to start the second phase of my install .

Now as my install stands I have used allot of equipment from my old 1 series but it doesn't really work that well in my 3 series coupé so I am replacing allot of it.

At the moment I have replaced the head unit with a Pioneer AVIC-F920BT and I have a pair of earthquake SWS-8's under the seats which are staying and a pair of DLS components which sound awful in my car because they are 3 ways but I am not using the mid bass speakers and one of the tweeters isn't working so they are getting replaced!

My new equipment will be....

Genesis Profile 4 Ultra to power the tweeters and door speakers.
Genesis Profile 2 Ultra to power the SWS-8's
Audison Bit One
Morel Hybrid Ovations (These are going to be PITA to install)
Earthquake SWS-8 under seat subs

This will be a fully active system and hopefully sound very good.

I striped my boot out today and I am looking to borrow your imaginations on possible installs, I have posted some pics below so you get an idea off what an E92 boot looks like striped.

You can see in the pictures my Genesis Profile 4 Ultra mounted upside down which I know is controversial but it has a fan built in and so far it has never shut down or had any problems and its nicely out of the way where it is. It is also a very long amp 450mm (17.8inches apparently) which makes hiding it quite hard suggestions welcome though!

I am also replacing the RCA's as there is a problem with one of them hence the ground loop isolator so that will be gone too

The profile 2 Ultra should fingers crossed fit on the left hand side opposite the battery (my car doesn't have the mount or the trim for the CD changer) so there is quite a bit of room there and obviously there is the space where the spare wheel should go.

So what are peoples suggestions on possible configurations and equipment placement quality and a stealthy install are my top priorities all the cables will be braided and colour coded etc.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0