E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Tyre repair goo kit

01-09-2012, 02:42 AM   #23
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giff View Post
Apologies, I wrongly assumed that being on an E90 forum you had an E90 and were talking the usual drivel about the tyre pressure warning system..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
Absolutely no apology required, but good of you to offer one.
At last, some civility returns to E90post
      01-09-2012, 05:08 AM   #24
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

A friend had a Renault Laguna with tyre pressure sensors a few years ago & after getting a puncture had serious problems finding someone to fix it because of the risk of damaging the sensor / cost or replacement. I don't know how valid this would be for current systems
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 06:19 AM   #25
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanS100 View Post
A friend had a Renault Laguna with tyre pressure sensors a few years ago & after getting a puncture had serious problems finding someone to fix it because of the risk of damaging the sensor / cost or replacement. I don't know how valid this would be for current systems
Good point, but a tyre fitter wouldn't know whether or not your wheels had pressure sensors until the tyre was off the rim. OK, they have metal, bolt-in type valve stems, but that's a fairly common option and not necessarily an indication that pressure sensors are fitted.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #26
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep

Quote:
Good point, but a tyre fitter wouldn't know whether or not your wheels had pressure sensors until the tyre was off the rim. OK, they have metal, bolt-in type valve stems, but that's a fairly common option and not necessarily an indication that pressure sensors are fitted.
Maybe my mate warned them about the sensor & the dire consequenses that would ensue should they be unfortunate enough to break them
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #27
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanS100 View Post
Maybe my mate warned them about the sensor & the dire consequenses that would ensue should they be unfortunate enough to break them
I guess it's all down to how strenuously you mate 'warned' the tyre fitters. It might explain their reluctance to tangle with him, especially if he was wielding a big spanner .
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #28
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep

Quote:
I guess it's all down to how strenuously you mate 'warned' the tyre fitters. It might explain their reluctance to tangle with him, especially if he was wielding a big spanner .
Good point, I'll ask him when he puts the spanner down
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #29
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

so, in summary...

slime compressor in a box thingy it is!

ty.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #30
Statler
Major Pain in the Arse
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320D M Sport

+1

Good topic!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #31
rsmallwo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i

on my tyreweld can it states that you can clean our the gunk with warm soapy water. It states All Nationalauto Centres will do this no probs. Others may charge an extra fee for this work.

It also says that you should run the car for 6-12 miles at no more than 30mph to make sure the stuff coats the inside of the tyre fully. Then go and check the tyre pressures. Suppose that isn't great if your on the motorway is it. Suppose you should come off the motorway at the 1st available exit to get your tyres upto pressure unless/visit a tyre dealer. But if its the middle of the night and you need to travel a few hundred miles it might not ideal.

I've seen on other forums people travel some distance on a tyreweld fix and upto speeds of 90mph (don't know why they choose this point to visit a private motorway.....).

My Tyreweld states any tyre above 155R, this include my 265R's then? Looking on Hellfrauds the largest can 500ml states tyres upto 16". Think its a good job I carry 2 cans......Anyone used this on a 17" tyre and above. Do you need 2 cans. Or did you use one can and then pump the rest up with a tyre pump
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #32
SiBurt
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW F20 M135i AT, MPE, MPLSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM View Post
Hi,

I'm getting some non-runflat's installed this month.

What is the recommended tyre inflator if/when a puncture is suffered?

Is it the BMW kit (seems a bit pricey)?
Will a no-name kit from halford do the job?
Is there something magical that exists only on the interwebs that i should order?

Many thanks!

Chris
This thread has just reminded me that I've got an as-new and totally unused BMW Mobility Set sitting in my garage which I've just put up for sale in the classifieds! It's a lovely piece of kit and gives you excellent peace of mind when running non-runflats!

Si.
Appreciate 0