E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Hm.... CD player doesn't work (iDrive)

08-16-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
CoconutPete
Coconut Pete's paella!
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Hm.... CD player doesn't work (iDrive)

This morning I'm driving to work and all of a sudden I think to myself "Hey, I haven't listened to a CD in months, let's see what I left in there".

CD won't play ... the iDrive shows no CD in there, but there IS a cd in there. I hit eject, take a look at the CD and put it back in .... it picks it up and shows the dial w/ the tracks - but nothing ever starts playing.

Take the cd out .... same thing....... few more times - it either picks up the CD but won't play it or it doesn't realize the CD is there at all.

I honestly have no idea when this happened, I listen to my iPod most of the time.

Any ideas? Is the CCC/DVD/CD one giant piece? This is the 1st gen iDrive on a 2006 330i.
Appreciate 0