Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > The Sparkling Graphite Struggle...

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #45
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mds82 View Post
I personally love the breyton Race GTS wheels in matt grey - see sig
Is your car SGM, as well? I dunno, didn't really like matte black rims that much but then again, what do I know lol.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 03:29 AM   #46
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Get HyperSilver VMR 710 with Bridgestone RE-11 Tires, you won't be sorry.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #47
HuskyBMW
Dr. Feelgood
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

I have the same sparkling graphite sedan and went with the M3 wheels. I have yet to put them on since I am waiting for spring. They have dark gray on the inside lip and looked absolutely awesome on the M3 sedan I saw at the dealer. Not necessarily the most original I understand but I really like them.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #48
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

Can never go wrong with the classic silver setup. It always looks good regardless of the color of the car.

Matte black with a polished lip looks nice, but it's been done.

If you want something completely different, you're gonna have to take the risk and go bold. Black with an orange time attack style or even black with a green time attack style. A little subtle but noticeably different.

Here's mine with a few different sets over the years.

SSR Professor - matte black face with polished lip

Volk RE-30 in a gunmetal color. Forgot the exact color name

VMR's

ATF (all time favorite) BBS LM-R
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #49
neoduffer
Fast In, Slow Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Damn Andrew, your pictures melted my modem.

Nice history of wheels you got there. BBS LM-Rs are also my favorite.
      02-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #50
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by index1489 View Post
Get HyperSilver VMR 710 with Bridgestone RE-11 Tires, you won't be sorry.
Another vote for hypersilver VMR's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyBMW View Post
I have the same sparkling graphite sedan and went with the M3 wheels. I have yet to put them on since I am waiting for spring. They have dark gray on the inside lip and looked absolutely awesome on the M3 sedan I saw at the dealer. Not necessarily the most original I understand but I really like them.
I like the M3 wheels but wanted an aftermarket look. Maybe if I got an M3 one day I'd have them. But even then I'd probably switch those out too

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@Karbonwerke View Post
Can never go wrong with the classic silver setup. It always looks good regardless of the color of the car.

Matte black with a polished lip looks nice, but it's been done.

If you want something completely different, you're gonna have to take the risk and go bold. Black with an orange time attack style or even black with a green time attack style. A little subtle but noticeably different.

Here's mine with a few different sets over the years.

SSR Professor - matte black face with polished lip

Volk RE-30 in a gunmetal color. Forgot the exact color name

VMR's

ATF (all time favorite) BBS LM-R
Fell in love with the RE-30's, as those were my first choice, to begin with. They look awesome on that car Especially that first bronze-ish looking color.

VMR's in silver look better than I thought. Like the concavity of them, too.

Looks like its gonna be between those two. BBS LM's I've always liked, just see them a wee bit too much on here

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #51
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

Andrew do you have more pics of the LMR setup on you car? Would love to seem ore angles of it!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #52
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

if you're looking to match the car, EAS just came out with a new custom powdercoat called "Storm Gray" for their VB3s (CSLs). i think it'll look perfect with sparkling graphite. i might get them for my space gray. i wanted something very dark but not toatally blacked out.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 11:34 PM   #53
heemry328i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08' SG E90

i have the bmw performance rims on my sg e90. which is brushed aluminum. i love the contrast that it has with SG. Looks really good and classy. However im going to get matte black v701 soon
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #54
technik330
Captain
Rep
Drives: STi

I ran into this problem with my ZHP and having the color the first year it came out.

We tried Gold LM's and it was somewhat interesting; we ended up with Silver LM's and I didn't look back.

It's kind of hard to match a wheel color to SGM as the car changes color all throughout the day....

I wanted to try and run a bronze wheel set, but never got around to trying to make it work-

LM's FTW:

'18 Subaru STi Type RA #350
'19 Honda Civic Type R #31191
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #55
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBananaz18 View Post
if you're looking to match the car, EAS just came out with a new custom powdercoat called "Storm Gray" for their VB3s (CSLs). i think it'll look perfect with sparkling graphite. i might get them for my space gray. i wanted something very dark but not toatally blacked out.
Yeah me too, either that or hyperblack, I'm actually starting to like Matte black VMR's the more I see them, its just that my entire trim line (sills, roofline, tint, grilles) has to be black also, and I'm just fine with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by heemry328i View Post
i have the bmw performance rims on my sg e90. which is brushed aluminum. i love the contrast that it has with SG. Looks really good and classy. However im going to get matte black v701 soon
I like OEM, but want to stay away from it. No particular reason, I just do.

V701's are really nice. I think once I get the wheels I'll just post them on this thread so everyone can see

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 02:45 PM   #56
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by technik330 View Post
I ran into this problem with my ZHP and having the color the first year it came out.

We tried Gold LM's and it was somewhat interesting; we ended up with Silver LM's and I didn't look back.

It's kind of hard to match a wheel color to SGM as the car changes color all throughout the day....

I wanted to try and run a bronze wheel set, but never got around to trying to make it work-

LM's FTW:

Yeah, that E46 is beautiful I love the LM's but feel they look a lot better on E46's than E90's. Plus it seems like just about everyone on here has a set.

And yes, our color is very ambiguous. Mine is covered in snow residue right now

I'm really starting to like more and more the concavity of the VMR's though.. in matte black/hypersilver I think I may become a victim.

Also, any of you guys (or all of you ) running 19's on E90's, can you suggest dimensions/tires of appropriate tire sizes for DD'ing? I plan on putting them on all-seasons and driving them all throughout the year. As well as what finish will not corrode due to salt on the roads due to snow, etc. Thanks so much guys, you are really helping out a bunch!!

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #57
R12ax7
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 340xi

Garage List
2011 328i  [0.00]
I hear you on this being a tough color to compliment. I personally prefer silver/OEM silver/hypersilver type colors to stand out against the otherwise muted color.

If you want to go dark I think you have to go all the way and to the shadowline trim and maybe even black grills. Then I think the dark rims look great.

Just my 2 cents. I actually just picked up some 189s for the summer so mine will look just like Hugo330is sig. Spring cant get here soon enough.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 03:37 PM   #58
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian III View Post
Another vote for hypersilver VMR's...

Fell in love with the RE-30's, as those were my first choice, to begin with. They look awesome on that car Especially that first bronze-ish looking color.

VMR's in silver look better than I thought. Like the concavity of them, too.

Looks like its gonna be between those two. BBS LM's I've always liked, just see them a wee bit too much on here
Ya, I miss the RE30's alot. Loved the look and they only weighed 19lbs for a 19x10. Super light!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
Andrew do you have more pics of the LMR setup on you car? Would love to seem ore angles of it!
Here you go! Some are a bit old, but looks the same.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=evo119
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=emeryville
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #59
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

Quote:
Ya, I miss the RE30's alot. Loved the look and they only weighed 19lbs for a 19x10. Super light!

Sweet man, when are you selling those rims i call dibs!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 09:52 PM   #60
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R12ax7 View Post
I hear you on this being a tough color to compliment. I personally prefer silver/OEM silver/hypersilver type colors to stand out against the otherwise muted color.

If you want to go dark I think you have to go all the way and to the shadowline trim and maybe even black grills. Then I think the dark rims look great.

Just my 2 cents. I actually just picked up some 189s for the summer so mine will look just like Hugo330is sig. Spring cant get here soon enough.
That's exactly where I was going with the darker colored rims. The pic in my sig is just what it looked like the day after I got it. It will be updated significantly later on And I used to want some 189's REAL bad, actually. But since they always offered them on the E92/3 and just started offering them on E90 LCI sport packages, I really didn't wanna throw them on my '08 E90.

Quote:

Yeah, those will be the ultimate choice should all else fail. And that E90 with the LM's and CF hood is NASTY Especially in those pics in the first link. Very nice

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #61
stubenhocker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 2016 F30 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafight View Post
What is the relevance of advice when aesthetics are completely subjective?
+1

Hallelujah brother!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #62
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubenhocker View Post
+1

Hallelujah brother!

If you don't know where to begin, then direction is greatly appreciated, espcailly when you haven't seen any set of wheels on your car other than OEM 162's.

Sometimes I just don't understand why people post on certain threads when they have absolutely nothing to contribute. SMFH.

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #63
DakarDude
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330i in Arctic

Garage List
2005 330i SE  [0.00]
Go for a colour (Im a Brit) that goes with the Chrome window trim - contrast with the SGM. Going the whole way and getting Chrome rims would be too much, no one wants to look like a dealer But the tones between the 162's you have now and Chrome, if that is what everyone understands as Hypersilver, I think that would look best.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #64
Andpopse
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i msport conv

I orginally wanted ACS BiColour but only silver was available. I'm glad iwent silver now, and i love the 19 concave.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #65
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarDude View Post
Go for a colour (Im a Brit) that goes with the Chrome window trim - contrast with the SGM. Going the whole way and getting Chrome rims would be too much, no one wants to look like a dealer But the tones between the 162's you have now and Chrome, if that is what everyone understands as Hypersilver, I think that would look best.
You know, I'm actually getting the chrome switched out with the shadowline trim. My chrome has the finish wearing off of it and it will look much better blacked out around the edges, especially after the tint is done next week And I NEVER wanted chrome rims lol, I'll leave that to the youngins in the Cadillacs

Hypersilver was one of my first choices, but its looking like gunmetal V710's. Haven't seen that finish very much/at all on this board, especially on my color. Don't mind being one of the few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andpopse View Post
I orginally wanted ACS BiColour but only silver was available. I'm glad iwent silver now, and i love the 19 concave.
Those ACS look so mean . The concavity is real nice on those, but I was never much of an ACS fan, personally. And it looks like you have an E92? Almost everything looks better on a coupe, ya know

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #66
Donia330i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 330i BSM

any new thoughts?
Appreciate 0