E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > obdlink mx / torque

02-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
Neothin87
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 335i

obdlink mx / torque

Amazon was nice enough to deliver me a new obdlink MX today so i downloaded the torque app onto my tablet and set everything up.

Only weird thing is that oil temp cant be displayed... but we have an oil temp gauge on the dash. Any idea how to get this sensor to feed data?

Also, it doesnt seem to be reading boost correctly. Vacuum reads fine, but anything above 2 lbs or so doesnt register.
      02-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
Cheesegeezer
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M Sport

I'm not sure about Torque but I have DashCommand and you can enter the individual codes in the relevant field once the OBD connection is made. IIRC they are called PAC codes or something like that. Some bright spark usually has them posted on some forum. Try the tuning section here they may be hidden in there or search for OBDII CODES.

I used this on a Mini Cooper BTW. But should be same for all cars in the App's garage.

Another thing is I had to fill in pretty much all of my cars specifics in all of the fields in order to get all the info I wanted displayed. It took a good hour of internet searching to get all of the info that Dashcommand required but it displayed all the info.

Dashcommand, I think, but dont quote me, uses a few mathematical algrothams to estimate most of the outputs, especially fuel economy/consumption, hence why curb weight and tyre specifics are important for the app to work.

Torque maybe completely different tho, but hope it helps.

My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
Neothin87
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 335i

after reading up on this last night and today it seems like this is an issue across the board for these cars. Has anyone had any luck setting the displacement/VE settings up correctly to get the right boost readouts?

Also looking for an oil temperature PID if anyone has it