E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > New to so-cal. Where should I get my BMW serviced for the 60K service?

05-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
dsantos08
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

New to so-cal. Where should I get my BMW serviced for the 60K service?

hey whats up guys. I have a 335i and the service indicator just came on. I have about 59k miles on my car. I was wondering which BMW service center I should take it to since I have to pay for the service now and I'm worried about the service center charging me for things I don't need. I just moved to so-cal, so I'm not too familiar with the area. I'm in hermosa beach, and the nearest BMW center is South Bay BMW which has awful reviews about their service center regarding overcharging their customers.

So three things:

1. Which BMW service center should I go to?

2. How much does the 60k service usually run?

3. I have the 100k platinum extended warranty through BMW, so I'd imagine I have to take it to a BMW service center for maintenance or else they'd void my warranty. Am I correct?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
chucktang
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsantos08 View Post
hey whats up guys. I have a 335i and the service indicator just came on. I have about 59k miles on my car. I was wondering which BMW service center I should take it to since I have to pay for the service now and I'm worried about the service center charging me for things I don't need. I just moved to so-cal, so I'm not too familiar with the area. I'm in hermosa beach, and the nearest BMW center is South Bay BMW which has awful reviews about their service center regarding overcharging their customers.

So three things:

1. Which BMW service center should I go to?

2. How much does the 60k service usually run?

3. I have the 100k platinum extended warranty through BMW, so I'd imagine I have to take it to a BMW service center for maintenance or else they'd void my warranty. Am I correct?
can't answer the first two, but you should be able to take it to any credible service shop for #3 without voiding your warranty... at least that's what I've read on the forums
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
deanmc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember there being a 60K service. It's just a road-worthiness test I think. The other services (fluids, brakes, filters, emissions, plugs) are all mileage-based.
      05-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
acdHQK713K
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember there being a 60K service. It's just a road-worthiness test I think. The other services (fluids, brakes, filters, emissions, plugs) are all mileage-based.
+1

I don't think they will do much except lighten your wallet. At 60k I changed my oil, diff oil, tranny oil, spark plugs, cabin air filter. All that stuff is basic DIY.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #5
dsantos08
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

My service light is on, so I think it needs something done to it.

Any recommendations on where to take it? Anyone have experience with south bay bmw? Or maybe an indy shop if it doesnt void my warranty.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
acdHQK713K
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsantos08 View Post
My service light is on, so I think it needs something done to it.

Any recommendations on where to take it? Anyone have experience with south bay bmw? Or maybe an indy shop if it doesnt void my warranty.
Your service light needs to be reset. There are instructions on this website for that.

Your car doesn't need anything. As long as fluids are up to date you are fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #7
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Take it to LTBMW, not only they provide aftermarket parts to mod your car but they do also regular maintenance services as well.

5442 Peck Rd.
El Monte, CA

Or visit thier website http://www.ltbmw.com
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 08:52 PM   #8
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Oh and also i have done all of my oil, spark plug, filter maintenance myself or done by LTBMW but never had single problem with dealership when took it in for other services.
Appreciate 0