E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > WARNING: vendor ModMy3 awful experience

04-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #23
prelcijoe
Rep
Drives: e90

Never Buy From Modmy3

I'm also waiting for working AE's..

Marie asked me to send images of the front of my car ...I did ...

Then she asked for images of the inside... (took my car back to body shop)

Took many pictures and video. Sent them right away to her.

I have yet to hear back from MODMY3.com ,Still nothing.

Sucks, i' m finding tons of people in the NYC area with the same customer service problem.
Many saying that they only are nice to the cali area folks and on top of this she has a nice little attitude.

Funny how 70% of the good reviews come from the bay area

Marie if you are reading this please send me my replacement ...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #24
335xi Kevo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Modmy3 is horrible. Its hilarious that they even have a phone number. You leave a voicemail for it to never be returned, you send emails that are left unanswered, you post on threads left unseen.

These guys are a joke.
Procede 2.5, DCI, Forge DV, PWM, Scoops, KW V1, ETS 5" FMIC, VRSF Downpipes, M3 Skirts
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #25
Sales@modmy3.com
Major
Rep
Drives: Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelcijoe View Post
I'm also waiting for working AE's..

Marie asked me to send images of the front of my car ...I did ...

Then she asked for images of the inside... (took my car back to body shop)

Took many pictures and video. Sent them right away to her.

I have yet to hear back from MODMY3.com ,Still nothing.

Sucks, i' m finding tons of people in the NYC area with the same customer service problem.
Many saying that they only are nice to the cali area folks and on top of this she has a nice little attitude.

Funny how 70% of the good reviews come from the bay area

Marie if you are reading this please send me my replacement ...

Joey,

I (David) would normally never do this to our customer but since your persistent that your shop absolutely did nothing wrong. For the record this is what Joey's shop done to his car upon installing his angel eyes.

We rejected your claim for a replacement angel eye bulb based on how the installation of done. We cannot simply provide a replacement for everything that was installed incorrectly.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #26
Sales@modmy3.com
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xi Kevo View Post
Modmy3 is horrible. Its hilarious that they even have a phone number. You leave a voicemail for it to never be returned, you send emails that are left unanswered, you post on threads left unseen.

These guys are a joke.
Kevin,

I apologize on behalf of modmy3 on this. We have offered our solutions on paypal. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to e-mail me directly at david@modmy3.com. Everyone that had same batch of v-style lip had 0 problems on install and fitment, unfortunately for some odd reason yours couldn't get on there properly, your post was replied by a customer that installed their lip around the same time you did and posted the picture result as well.

-David.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #27
prelcijoe
Rep

THAT IS NOT HOW MY original install looked like.

Stop the crap and stop lying to people,and giving them the run around.

Just make it right and send me my lights.

Don't make it look like something its not.

A shop did the install when my car was getting worked on so i just had them do it all at once.

After i asked MOdmy3.com to replace my AE they told me to take pictures of the front of my car.
I did that and sent the images..... wait some time ,nothing and then they tell me .......

*********add sealant and that should stop the problem*************** (i had moisture coming in via the drilled whole for the capacitor )
Still same problem.....

over a week goes by..

After the sealant, and a nasty "fix" you ask me to take pictures of the inside of my car....

The shop went over with the glue (to stop water coming in) after i was told by marie to do so...
this light was bad from the start would flicker on and off ,then only one would work at a random times (left or right)...

On top of all this my adaptive head light module fried because of that small leak..

Stop the crap and stop lying to people and giving them the run around...

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #28
Sales@modmy3.com
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelcijoe View Post
THAT IS NOT HOW MY original install looked like.

Stop the crap and stop lying to people,and giving them the run around.

A shop did the install when my car was getting worked on so i just had them do it all at once.

After i asked MOdmy3.com to replace my AE they told me to take pictures of the front of my car.
I did that and sent the images..... wait some time ,nothing and then they tell me .......

*********add sealant and that should stop the problem*************** (i had moisture coming in via the drilled whole for the capacitor )
Still same problem.....

over a week goes by..

After the sealant, and a nasty "fix" you ask me to take pictures of the inside of my car....

The shop went over with the glue (to stop water coming in) after i was told by marie to do so...
this light was bad from the start would flicker on and off ,then only one would work at a random times (left or right)...

On top of all this my adaptive head light module fried because of that small leak..

Stop the crap and stop lying to people and giving them the run around...

Good morning,

This is Mike and owner of modmy3, since the recent issues we have had with customer service on the forums,I am taking over the forums and shipping to ensure quality control. Based on what I'm reading it sounds like my employee was just not understanding the situation. I believe that we do owe you a set of angel eyes to make it right with you. Please check you e-mail in a few minutes with your new tracking number. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me here.

-Mike
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #29
Duck360198
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F30 340i Laguna Seca Blue

^^^^^^
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #30
prelcijoe
Rep

Thanks you.....
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #31
mex2309
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 335i MSport X-Drive AW

I had an AWFUL experience with them. They communicate great until you pay them. Then they take their sweet time trying to ship the product.

2 weeks after I paid for my item it was not shipped out.

WARNING: they will try to blame USPS for the slow downs, but the fact is they never shipped it in the first place. I consider myself one of the lucky ones because I eventually got my money back.

These guys are a joke. Pay a little extra and get your stuff somewhere else.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 04:20 PM   #32
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i

Bloody hell, how can a company stay in business after repeatedly pulling shady stunts like this. I was once a proud modmy3 customer but not with this b.s. Once a great vendor, now a bunch of clowns that point fingers. They should be banned
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #33
m1ka
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

My experience with modmy3 was ok (at best). They screwed up my order after I repeatedly told them what part number I needed. Shipping took three weeks (after week 2 and still nothing, I emailed them and then they "re"shipped via Priority.

However,..... on behalf of modmy3 they did find a resolution I was happy with (2 free sets of corners).

I would still give them another chance however, if these type of reviews keep appearing I'll most likely find another vendor.

Honesty prevails in the end. No one cares for excuses. Accidents/mistakes happen, you just need to own up to it and not give people "the run around."
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #34
Tim603
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@modmy3.com View Post
Good morning,

This is Mike and owner of modmy3, since the recent issues we have had with customer service on the forums,I am taking over the forums and shipping to ensure quality control. Based on what I'm reading it sounds like my employee was just not understanding the situation. I believe that we do owe you a set of angel eyes to make it right with you. Please check you e-mail in a few minutes with your new tracking number. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me here.

-Mike
Good stuff man your doing the right thing. Everyone messes up.....sometimes more than others....its how you deal with them that makes the difference. Everyone has the ability to change and admitting something was wrong is a good start to a positive change. Wish you luck and who knows maybe ill be a future (hopefully happy) customer.
      06-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #35
byoung8
Legendary
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90 TiAg

I met Mike and got his cell#. Ive been trying to help him out and buy local but he just stops communicating with me. I got impatient and bought else where twice. I need a new pair of AE for pre LCI, any suggestions for under $125ish?

'07 335i E90 Titanium Silver
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #36
AlexTopFitment
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

On another note, the T10 wedge bulbs ModMy3 sells are such low quality/wattage that flickering is impossible to avoid. I even paid $12 extra per set of lights for resistors to correct this issue, however they still do not draw sufficient load to prevent flickering. This will be my first and last purchase from ModMy3
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #37
Sales@modmy3.com
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by byoung8 View Post
I met Mike and got his cell#. Ive been trying to help him out and buy local but he just stops communicating with me. I got impatient and bought else where twice. I need a new pair of AE for pre LCI, any suggestions for under $125ish?
Brandon,

We called and responded to you, we have replied to your e-mail. I texted you to make it available for pick up in the evening. I was simply waiting for a call from you , the angel eyes has been sitting on my desk since last week.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #38
ZROFCKSGVN
Hi Hater
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Reckless

damn, whats with modmy3 and e92lightning now a days..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #39
Sales@modmy3.com
Major
Rep

Dear E90post,

As I have stated previously, I am taking back the forums myself. I will answer your PMs, e-mails myself. There are no more assistance or run around from the crew.

If you feel that you have not gotten what you need from us, whether it is a replacement, warranty or anything like that. Please send me an e-mail to sales@modmy3.com with attention to Mike. I will do my best to take care all of you. My sincere apologies for not jumping on this sooner, I hope to renew my trust with the e90 community.

-Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #40
rshl330
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

DO NOT buy products from ModMy3

I am not the the type of person to write comments on forums or write reviews about businesses. Yet, I feel compelled to do so by making an account on this forum just to let everyone know about these guys and how terrible their customer service is. I have never seen a business function so carelessly. I had ordered bulbs online on Nov 7,2013. Then I got an e-mail on Nov 12, 2013 saying that the package is on its way. Now I didn't expect the bulbs to arrive where I live (Canada) right away as it is international shipping. However, 4 weeks had gone by and the package had not moved anywhere and was still at "Electronic Shipping Info Received". Now I do understand that this could technically be USPS's fault.

So, I contacted David and then Mike the owner contacted me by phone. He said he will just do a new shipment as he has more in stock and will send it over by FedEx and will get the tracking number to me right away.

It has now been a week since Mike has told me a new shipment will be prepared right away and that he will give me the tracking number.
I e-mailed him yesterday morning and he still hasn't replied by e-mail or by phone on what is going on. At this point, I'm having doubts about even getting my product in the future.

DO NOT purchase your parts from ModMy3. The experience you get and the amount of work to even get your purchase is worth the money. These guys are ridiculous
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #41
TopBack_Mack
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
I'm not into bad mouthing businesses, as I believe in second chances and that things can always be worked out behind the scenes, but there's a breaking point. My experience with them started off good. I referred people to them and I was even about to purchase a couple more items from them again. But I started having issues with my HID fog lights and one of my HID headlights bulbs and since I ordered them a little less than a year ago, I figured I'd contact them to try to work something out (warranty wise). They responded to my first email, asking me exactly which bulbs I ordered, but never communicated with me after that. I been trying to contact them via PM and email numerous times within the last month and a half but no answer.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:54 AM   #42
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i

Turns out these guys have not changed. I ordered an adapter for the foglights on the m3 replica bumper and I've heard nothing from them. Getting ready to file a paypal dispute.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #43
JOHNNY-5
Lieutenant
Laos
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

I will reserve my judgment for atleast the end of day today. I ordered a CF lip for my M3 rep bumper on 6/5/14 and have not received a tracking number yet. I emailed them asking if they shipped it yet and still no response.

Their website shows the item in stock, so it shouldn't take more then a day or two to ship out.

By the end of day on 6/09/14 I will make that judgment. Good or bad, we will have to wait and see.

This was my first time ordering from them.

Last edited by JOHNNY-5; 06-09-2014 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 07:42 PM   #44
JOHNNY-5
Lieutenant
Laos
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

Well, I guess I will have to give modmy3 a negative in my book. Should have paid attention to their website. I will steer away from all companies that do not list their contact phone# on their website.

Emailed them inquiring about my order and did not get a reply/response.
Called the phone number they have listed in their paypal info and no response.

The only thing left is to file a dispute with paypal to get it resolved.

MODMY3 =
Appreciate 0