E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions > How SEARCH works

Closed Thread

10-24-2008, 06:51 AM   #1
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
How SEARCH works

When you are on an individual bimmerpost site such as ZPost or M3Post when you click the search button it will only search the forums related to that specific site. The general BimmerPost forums such as off-topic, this forum and the general BMW forums do not get searched. This is done to keep the clutter from off-topic threads out of search results to give you a better result. However you can also search those forums by clicking on the "Bimmerpost Universal Forums" Header and then click "Search this forum" at the top right and that way search inside the offtopic/etc areas.
      06-09-2011, 05:49 AM   #2
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Can you please adjust the limitation on specific words? Kicking out phrases like "How to", "How do I", "do I need", "new wheels", etc really doesn't help people find stuff. Its to restrictive, it kicks out too many words.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 05:53 AM   #3
Elie335
ايلي ٣٣٥ هاهاها
St Pierre and Miquelon
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Can you please adjust the limitation on specific words? Kicking out phrases like "How to", "How do I", "do I need", "new wheels", etc really doesn't help people find stuff. Its to restrictive, it kicks out too many words.
+100000000000000
      06-16-2011, 01:50 AM   #4
danintas
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X3 30d Xline

I have trouble getting any results at all ... e.g. if I am on the "General BMW X1" forum and I click on "Search this Forum" at the top right of the page, and type in say "diesel" or "bluetooth" I get an error saying "1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms" ... but I know there are heaps of threads with those subjects.

It makes no difference if I use the "Show Threads" or "Show Posts" options.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2014, 08:39 PM   #5
Muhsan12
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda

However you can also search those forums by clicking on the "Bimmerpost Universal Forums" Header and then click "Search this forum" at the top right and that way search inside the offtopic.
Our excellent online University of Saint Joseph training programs will lead you to success in the pass4sure.co.uk `exam. We also offer latest EXIN and University of California, San Francisco with 100% success guarantee. Our Youtube is rare in IT world.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread