E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW E92 Vs Audi S5

02-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #45
Woody80
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
Mine isn't far off 80k and I'm running no runflats I have to be really going to get the back end moving in the dry but when it does move its plenty progressive. In the cold/wet it can be snappy though so I just go steady.

Good luck finding what's up.
I'd have thought the cold has a lot to do with it? Mine will step out if you boot it at 70 when it's cold or wet. Standing starts can be tail happy in just the cold. All predictable though.
      02-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #46
Tyso335
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
And regarding mixing budget tyres and using budget tyres on a 335i....for me, thats a big NO...IMO.
kumhos arent budget though are they i no there not mega money but not cheap crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
Having driven an Evo they're really just point and squirt.. They flatter the worst drivers as you can literally give them full throttle everywhere and they active yaw crap sorts it out for you... Doesn't really need a measured input.

The 335d is putting similar power through 50% less contact patches so rather than using the throttle as an on/off switch it needs modulating - even more so in current weather conditions.

If its handling odd side to side then something is wrong.. And all I can do is echo the above comments, check tyre pressures are bang on (cold) try get it up in the air and look for anything obviously wrong..

The car will be playful even with the best tyres on and with everything in shape.. You've just got to be very smooth.

Mine isn't far off 80k and I'm running no runflats I have to be really going to get the back end moving in the dry but when it does move its plenty progressive. In the cold/wet it can be snappy though so I just go steady.

Good luck finding what's up.
yeh your right evos are just like that. i dont go just slamming the throttle down coming out the corners im always smooth so. we will see i reckon its the simple case of the tyres so easy fix thanks mate

Fuel of the Devil
NOW: E92 335d M Sport lots of mods to come...
Gone But Not Forgotten: EVO 8 MR FQ340 Running 370bhp
Appreciate 0