E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > I found a 328i. Need HELP plz!

05-22-2008, 01:16 AM   #1
Omnimagus
Registered
Rep
Drives: Looking for 328

I found a 328i. Need HELP plz!

Hello everyone. This is my first post. Just found this forum. Excellent information. Anyways I fell in love with the 3 series coupe so now I'm looking to buy one. My budget is limited. I've been thinking ALOT, so I am unclear on some things I was hoping someone here can help me with.

Firstly, what is bad about leasing a car if you can get the car for below MSRP? Every payment you make is reducing your OTD price thus towards the end if you wish to buy the car, you can just buy it outright then right? How do I find out the interest rate that I pay overtime?

2. I was able to find a new 328i coupe that is almost in the US with the following:

Black Sapphire or Jet Black (I forgot)
Navi
Premium Package
Sports Package
Auto w/ Paddles
iPod
(Heated Seats if is Jet Black)

The sticker price was around $44,8XX. Sorry didn't catch the exact number but the dealer was able to take $18XX right off, totaling to $43000. Does this price sound about right? I know I can do a better.

The residual I believe is 58% for a 42 months lease, 10,000 miles per year. I think the mf is .0240. Can they even do 3 and a half year leases???

Basically, what can I work on from here? I wanted to purchase at first but leasing is sound great at the moment. If I wish to keep the car after the lease term, I'll just buy it, would probably need a bank financing which will have a much higher financing rate than the 3.9% BMW has to offer. And if I don't want to keep the car afterwards, I'll just drop it off and be done with.

Am I missing something here? Are my logics way off? Please help. Oh yea with pretty much no money down except 1,500 which included first month payment, taxes, fees, and stuff, my monthly is 690.xx for 42 month, 10,000 miles per year lease. Is that high?

Thanks!!!!

Last edited by Omnimagus; 05-22-2008 at 02:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 02:14 AM   #2
Omnimagus
Registered
Rep
Drives: Looking for 328

ohh damn I think I found out much more about leasing now. Sorry for asking stupid SEARCH questions.

So the residual is off of the MSRP price? Ouch.
With a 0.0024 MF that equals to 5.76% APR.

So does that mean if I'm buying AFTER my term expires I'm paying the full sticker price + my 5.76 lease rates + further financing charges if needed?

Thanks again
Appreciate 0