E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Doing a Foreign Exchange

04-09-2010, 03:31 PM   #23
m@rk
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 520D SE

Garage List
Sheffield is also pretty central compared to Herts and Norwich.

Hatfield is a London suburb wannabe. Nice enough place but no character.

Norwich is a great city but is a long way from anywhere else.

Sheffield has really changed over the last 10 years and has a serious buzz to it. It's also central so you are as close (almost) to Edinburgh as you are to London with Manchester 30 minutes away and other cities such as Nottingham, Birmingham, York and Leeds within an hour (OK Brum might be a bit further).
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 06:28 PM   #24
wbbb
Private
Rep
Drives: VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit View Post
would i be able to function in holland without being able to speak any language other than english?
yes i didnt speak Dutch, there are so many international students they usually have an english language faculty. It depends on the type of exchange though but everyone I knew was taught in English. I was at Utrecht, some other universities over there will only teach in Dutch though!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 06:31 PM   #25
wbbb
Private
Rep
Drives: VW

[/QUOTE]Right Hull City Council now owe me big time for tourism............oh but I live in Tory territory so I've no chance. [/QUOTE]

Kirkella? Westella? lol
loved being a student in Hull, would only live on the outskirts as a non-student, and west or north west. Great to get into the countryside around it to0. That said, I grew up on the south bank so its in my genes not to like Hull
Appreciate 0