E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > What Sat Nav do I Have ?

09-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
VasJ
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 58 320d M-Sport & 62 F30 320d

What Sat Nav do I Have ?

Sorry for the stupid question but im a complete E90 noob .So my question is what type of Sat Nav do i have ? CIC or CCC ? Mine looks identical to the one on the pic below . The only thing different is the I-drive controller , mines got only 1 "MENU" button , everything else is the same. The car production date in 26/09/08 PRE-LCI
And i would like to know is it possible to upgrade the screen with the bigger one withou swapping the dvd drive ? Also is there any firmware updates or anything for my car?
Thanks

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
nicky dj
Chelsea Football Club
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by VasJ
Sorry for the stupid question but im a complete E90 noob .So my question is what type of Sat Nav do i have ? CIC or CCC ? Mine looks identical to the one on the pic below . The only thing different is the I-drive controller , mines got only 1 "MENU" button , everything else is the same. The car production date in 26/09/08 PRE-LCI
And i would like to know is it possible to upgrade the screen with the bigger one withou swapping the dvd drive ? Also is there any firmware updates or anything for my car?
Thanks

Pretty sure you got the older CCC iDrive (just by single menu button and production year), and nope no "recent" firmware upgrades.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

CCC with the one button controller, the other sure way to tell is the older CCC units have 2 slots for CD/DVD's one above the row of buttons like in the picture and one below. Since the newer CIC uses a hard drive it doesn't need the 2nd DVD drive for the map DVD.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
VasJ
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
CCC with the one button controller, the other sure way to tell is the older CCC units have 2 slots for CD/DVD's one above the row of buttons like in the picture and one below. Since the newer CIC uses a hard drive it doesn't need the 2nd DVD drive for the map DVD.
Well how comes mines got one CD drive only and does not require the DVD maps to be in all the time in order to use the Sat-Nav?
Anyway , here is an exact picture of what i got.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #5
nicky dj
Chelsea Football Club
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

It looks like you just have iDrive without the navigation, your screen looks smaller, that's how I can tell. My buddy had a 5-series that was identical. My screen on my coupe is larger than that with navigation. Go to your main/home screen to get a better idea.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep

That is the older ccc screen cic has a round graphic for radio tuning.

We only got the professional version with maps in the US, does yours have maps or just the arrow display for nav, assuming the later, think you only get the second drive with professional nav.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
VasJ
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky dj View Post
It looks like you just have iDrive without the navigation, your screen looks smaller, that's how I can tell. My buddy had a 5-series that was identical. My screen on my coupe is larger than that with navigation. Go to your main/home screen to get a better idea.
I deffo got the sat nav as well cuz i used it quite a few times now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
That is the older ccc screen cic has a round graphic for radio tuning.

We only got the professional version with maps in the US, does yours have maps or just the arrow display for nav, assuming the later, think you only get the second drive with professional nav.
Yeah the sat nav is showing the maps as well , not just an arrow .

Does anyone know if its possible to upgrade the screen to the bigger one without swapping the nav-drive?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 08:17 AM   #8
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep

Interesting, wonder how they did the NAV without a Map DVD or HD, has to be storing the maps somewhere.

It would appear you could just pull the screen out and replace with the larger CCC screen - there are just 2 connectors and even when you go to CCC from CIC screen, it uses the same wires on a different plug and then an additional optical cable. I would bet you could swap in the larger screen without issue, but I would contact maybe bimmerretrofit.com as they know there stuff and might be able to tell you what needs to happen and help you get the parts if needed.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #9
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by VasJ View Post
Thanks

Dear Sir,

If the system that you have in your vehicle is from factory (and not a retrofit), we should be able to tell you if you have CCC or CIC by looking at your VIN #. You can send the your VIN # and your question to Kate at info@bimmerretrofit.com

Thanks,

Kate.
Appreciate 0