E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > PTF still supporting the E90???

11-10-2016, 11:51 PM   #23
DrRobert
Normal Person
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i

Garage List
2011 E90 335i  [0.00]
Dzenno never said anything about discontinuing services or support for E series N55s, he simply stopped replying to email requests for new maps and updates to old maps. Dzenno worked really hard to get my car running well with many, many map revisions before this summer, and I appreciate that. I have no complaints about how my car is running on the pump gas map he made for me. But the price I paid for my maps was supposed to include free updates after bolt-on upgrades, and he has not lived up to that promise for the other map I purchased from him for a different fuel type. Looks like I will have to make the switch to MHD and another tuner in order to get that done. I know he's a small operation, but I really don't know how he expects to stay in business with such poor customer service. Guess he'll be relying on the F series crowd.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 07:17 AM   #24
GreQonE
Private First Class
Poland
Rep
Drives: '2011 E92 LCI 335i

I purchased PTF service around a half a year ago, and just got 2 map revisions before I asked for a refund.

The wait time was impossible.

DrRobert If I were in your place I would ask for a refund, or request it via chargeback on the credit card.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 08:46 AM   #25
stari335
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Now that mhd has better tables than Cobb wby not just ask him to get a new map going with mhd?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 09:31 AM   #26
JETmn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport

Garage List
2011 335Xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRobert View Post
Dzenno never said anything about discontinuing services or support for E series N55s, he simply stopped replying to email requests for new maps and updates to old maps. Dzenno worked really hard to get my car running well with many, many map revisions before this summer, and I appreciate that. I have no complaints about how my car is running on the pump gas map he made for me. But the price I paid for my maps was supposed to include free updates after bolt-on upgrades, and he has not lived up to that promise for the other map I purchased from him for a different fuel type. Looks like I will have to make the switch to MHD and another tuner in order to get that done. I know he's a small operation, but I really don't know how he expects to stay in business with such poor customer service. Guess he'll be relying on the F series crowd.
I would make some comments on his bootloader threads about your issue. I bet you will get it resolved quickly. He won't want bad press on his new cash cow that is coming out. They have a FB page, which might be a good place to start.
2011 335Xi 6AT - VRSF catless DP - VRSF 7" FMIC with turbo inlet pipe - VRSF chargepipe - Pure Stage 1 turbo - JB4 - E30 - xHP Stage 3 - Strongflex tension bushings - Whiteline RSFB - UUC rear swaybar
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 10:09 AM   #27
DrRobert
Normal Person
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i

Garage List
2011 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreQonE View Post
I purchased PTF service around a half a year ago, and just got 2 map revisions before I asked for a refund.

The wait time was impossible.

DrRobert If I were in your place I would ask for a refund, or request it via chargeback on the credit card.

He offered me a refund and I said no thanks. Its not about the money for me. He worked his butt off for me until he dropped the ball back in June. I'm not bitter, just disappointed. Not just about his lack of customer service, but because he's a really good tuner and I hate to lose him. I was very happy with his work before all of this. He was very apologetic to me but apologies will only get you so far.

I'm gonna try a custom MHD tune and see how that goes. Dzenno was up against a wall with my tune anyway, couldn't raise load as much as he wanted to because of misfires. So maybe it was time for a change anyway.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 11:24 AM   #28
stari335
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I bet they will dump Cobb entirely for E series given they had no support from them for software. I know I would and just do mhd on it unless they come out with their own stuff for E series too. They must've been furious with lack of Cobb's support. Dzenno and guys at PTF have tuned a number of my friends and my car and I've always been honestly impressed with the work he did and turnaround on endless emails we all had. I'll see if I can get them to custom tune on mhd now that its removed some roadblocks Cobb didn't care to fix for anyone. Let you guys know.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 07:21 PM   #29
chrisw27
Private
Rep
Drives: E82 135i N55 DCT

confirmed

Old thread i know, but just want to confirm PTF will no longer support the e-series platform.

Really disappointing to get treated like that. The tone is basically 'we are putting our resources to more lucrative business'.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 08:09 PM   #30
NRigs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

I sent them an email and I never received a response.
      03-29-2017, 03:55 AM   #31
prima_materia
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 11' BMW 335i Sedan XDrive LCI

I'm glad I never had to deal with a service like that.

It's really unfortunate for those left in limbo with their cars and not having a finished product, that just isn't right given that this wasn't just some 'new request' and instead was something that had been in the works with many of you for months [I'm referring to your guy's continual revisions].

I understand partly that it's a business, though if you don't finish something that you'd started with your customers and just negate response altogether - it just doesn't look good, no matter which way you paint it.

Funny how with the precedent of 'keeping up with the latest vehicles' therein entails a change of heart and in turn a change of vision ($_$). Ohh good ol' sweet sweet moneypie..

Thankfully, where we all stand now, there's some great options available (MHD, Wedge, etc).
JB4 ISO Map 7 @ 20psi, MHD/BMS e85 BEF, ISO_14 Firmware, xHP Stage 3 TCU Flash, Flex Fuel Adapter, Rev3 Connect-Kit, 50% e85 mix/93 octane, K&N drop-in filter, ER Chargepipe, JB4 CAN-flap disabled, VRSF Catless DP, VRSF 7in. FMIC,
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2017, 07:54 AM   #32
NRigs
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by prima_materia View Post
Thankfully, where we all stand now, there's some great options available (MHD, Wedge, etc).
Seeing how there is a tuner shop that does Cobb tuning about an hour from me, I am going to go that route. I already have the cobb Ap and plan and going to Bren Tuning for a custom tune sometime within the next couple of months. Even though there might be newer options out there, a cobb custom tune fits my daily needs.
      03-29-2017, 11:50 AM   #33
houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Are you planning on running ethanol? Even if you aren't, I would still switch to mhd If you are going to pay for an etune. Features are going to continue to be added to mhd and you can log more parameters with mhd. Rail pressure, trans temp, oil temp (I don't think oil temp was ever fixed in cobb) are some examples.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 01:07 PM   #34
NRigs
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
Are you planning on running ethanol? Even if you aren't, I would still switch to mhd If you are going to pay for an etune. Features are going to continue to be added to mhd and you can log more parameters with mhd. Rail pressure, trans temp, oil temp (I don't think oil temp was ever fixed in cobb) are some examples.
I do not plan to run E85 as there are no gas stations around me that sell it.
I could care less for all those features. It is also not an eTune. It is an in shop dyno tune. I just want the car tuned and and to step on the gas. I have only heard good things about this place so I think I will be pleased.