E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Stay Away from DT_92 - Flaky Seller

Closed Thread

05-03-2014, 11:16 PM   #1
smares21
Banned
Rep
Drives: Hooptie

Stay Away from DT_92 - Flaky Seller

http://www.e90post.com/forums/member.php?u=224356

I was looking to buy a set of style 313 wheels. He let me know that he had a set for sale. We emailed back and forth 10x, sent text messages, etc.

We settled on a price on Tuesday, and I said that I would make the drive from SD to LA on Sunday morning to pick them up. He said ok.

Fast forward to Thursday. He messaged me to tell me that someone else wanted to buy the wheels and have them shipped out on Saturday. But, if I was sure that I was coming on Sunday, and not going to bail, he would hold them for me for Sunday. I assured him that I would be there at 7am on Sunday as agreed (this means leaving my house at 5am). He said that he's not a shady guy, so he's going to still sell to me since we had a deal.

So, today, I text, call, and email him throughout the afternoon (because he wasn't responding) to make sure that we are still on for tomorrow. No response. No response. No response. Finally, I text one more time to find out, because if I am going to leave at 5am, I need to set my alarm and get gas, etc. He finally responds that he is out of town and not going to sell me the wheels anymore. He also says, "Well, if you would have put a deposit down, then I wouldn't have bailed." (He never even suggested a deposit to hold the wheels. I would have GLADLY done it).

So, after all that, he IS a shady guy, and I would recommend that E90post members stay away from him. I'll brand him as a class-A douchecanoe.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 11:26 PM   #2
DT_F80
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '16 F80

This is comedy. You didn't leave a deposit or paid for the wheels in full. You're hurt and making a big deal for no reason. 2 hours after you've contacted me, I told you I'm not selling anymore. What I do with my things is my business. Unless you put out money or drove here and I ignored you, this review is useless.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 11:30 PM   #3
smares21
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT_92 View Post
This is comedy. You didn't leave a deposit or paid for the wheels in full. You're hurt and making a big deal for no reason. 2 hours after you've contacted me, I told you I'm not selling anymore. What I do with my things is my business. Unless you put out money or drove here and I ignored you, this review is useless.
You're absolutely right, what you do with your items is your business. It's also my business to share my experience with you, and let other people know what it is like to deal with you on a business transaction. Merely my personal opinion: members should avoid you because you are a flaky seller.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 11:41 PM   #4
stashtrey
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335xi TiAg

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT_92 View Post
Funny that you marked your for sale thread(s) SOLD in RED yet you are saying no deposit etc. You sound like a shit seller and disrespectful of people's time. If you wanted a deposit why not state that and mention it to the buyer?

Weak sauce. Thanks for the heads up, OP.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 12:58 AM   #5
evodz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5, 45e

Eh, unless the product was not as described, it's whatevers. Thats just the nature of private sales. Pretty much anything can happen until money changes hands. I wouldn't expect any private seller to hold anything for more then 1 day.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 07:12 AM   #6
smares21
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashtrey View Post
Funny that you marked your for sale thread(s) SOLD in RED yet you are saying no deposit etc. You sound like a shit seller and disrespectful of people's time. If you wanted a deposit why not state that and mention it to the buyer?

Weak sauce. Thanks for the heads up, OP.
Exactly. In the real world if someone ends up pulling the, "Well, if you had just done this thing that wasn't agreed upon, then we wouldn't be in this situation," it usually ends with a lawsuit. In this case, obviously, I'm not doing anything like that, but the forum needs to know to avoid this ass-clown.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 09:10 PM   #7
FrozenM5
Coach
Rep
Drives: M5 and E93

This is funny because you are a scammer. You scammed me. Others have disputes for things youve sold them....

Kind of calling the kettle black, huh?

(not to insinuate that DT 92 is a scammer, just saying this smares21 is a confirmed thief.)
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread