E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > May be the end for me on this forum...

10-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #45
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

@ 1lyfe sorry to see the car so banged up. I know how it feels, I got back to Toronto two days ago from my vacation, hit a deep ditch on the road yesterday that tore away the lip and bumper and left them on the street in pieces...then an ahole ran over the lip to seal its death. Meh....life definitely throws some rotten tomatoes at times. Glad to hear the family is ok.

Ignore ELITE_TRAYUNZE, he always posts what he feels without caring about what others may think. I learned that a while back when I first joined these forums.

I hope you still stick to the forums and either fix or get another E92.

Take care bud!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #46
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post
Meh....life definitely throws some rotten tomatoes at times. Glad to hear the family is ok.
And then some....

Sorry to hear about your car Havok. Mine got injured last week....

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #47
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
@ 1lyfe sorry to see the car so banged up. I know how it feels, I got back to Toronto two days ago from my vacation, hit a deep ditch on the road yesterday that tore away the lip and bumper and left them on the street in pieces...then an ahole ran over the lip to seal its death. Meh....life definitely throws some rotten tomatoes at times. Glad to hear the family is ok.

Ignore ELITE_TRAYUNZE, he always posts what he feels without caring about what others may think. I learned that a while back when I first joined these forums.

I hope you still stick to the forums and either fix or get another E92.

Take care bud!

Not to hi-jack, but if this happened on public streets you can file a claim with the city and get money for the cost of damages. I am in the process of this right now. If it happened in Mississauga let me know I have all the info as to where you have to submit the claim.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #48
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mandy View Post
And then some....

Sorry to hear about your car Havok. Mine got injured last week....
Sucky

Group hug!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #49
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
Not to hi-jack, but if this happened on public streets you can file a claim with the city and get money for the cost of damages. I am in the process of this right now. If it happened in Mississauga let me know I have all the info as to where you have to submit the claim.
Sending you a PM!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #50
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep

Quote:
Sucky

Group hug!
Thank you! I sooooooooooooooooooooo need one...Nemo, Bladerunner, project335i knows what's up...right gents?

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #51
335alive
i accidentally the verb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13 Subaru BRZ

Mandy, Havok - hope both of your cars are okay.

i had a bad one in my last E90...very long, hilarious story that i'll share at another time, but the whole rear bumper, trunk-lid, and PDC were all ruined, to the tune of $7500 through insurance...that hurt.

moral of the story: cars are repairable, or replacable, and life goes on.
'08 E90 335i 6MT - SOLD
'13 BRZ SportTech 6MT - current
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 01:43 AM   #52
ObiChen
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11'E90 / 18'F82

Garage List
2018 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Haven't been here for weeks and just saw this thread, so sorry to hear that, hopefully everything could be fine and see you this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #53
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335alive View Post
Mandy, Havok - hope both of your cars are okay.

i had a bad one in my last E90...very long, hilarious story that i'll share at another time, but the whole rear bumper, trunk-lid, and PDC were all ruined, to the tune of $7500 through insurance...that hurt.

moral of the story: cars are repairable, or replacable, and life goes on.

Thank you. I'm getting my car back in a week (?) with a full MTech kit.

Does your hilarious story beat a G1 driver not paying attention and ramming into me resulting in me pushing the SUV in front of me (I was sandwiched between 2 SUV's btw)...physio therapy sessions and two different types of pain killers has commenced.....

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #54
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Does your hilarious story beat a G1 driver not paying attention and ramming into me resulting in me pushing the SUV in front of me (I was sandwiched between 2 SUV's btw)...physio therapy sessions and two different types of pain killers has commenced.....
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #55
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep

Quote:
Yup, fun times... thought this was the icing on the cake for me lol.
The 2012 GMC Terrain he was driving was totalled...air bags deployed...
You will never guess the damage estimate quote for my car...

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #56
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
Best of luck with that. I gather they laugh at bent wheel/pothole claims. Let us know how you do.
Glad your family is ok OP.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #57
jim.e.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90

Quote:
Yup, fun times... thought this was the icing on the cake for me lol.
The 2012 GMC Terrain he was driving was totalled...air bags deployed...
You will never guess the damage estimate quote for my car...
I can I can - only cause you told me LOL

I'm guessing you got whiplash? Soft tissue damage is a pain in the butt and can affect you for a while. Take the physio and keep it consistent. Over time it will get better, just don't make the mistake of skipping out on it because you "feel slightly better". It's like the eye of a hurricane, you're just going to hurt yourself further.

Look into acupuncture as well. I prefer it over chiro/physio as it's more relief when it comes to muscle/joint pain. My neck is a mess from my accident when I was younger and I have syringohydromyelia so my view on acupuncture may be a bit biased.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #58
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.e. View Post

I'm guessing you got whiplash? Soft tissue damage is a pain in the butt and can affect you for a while. Take the physio and keep it consistent. Over time it will get better, just don't make the mistake of skipping out on it because you "feel slightly better". It's like the eye of a hurricane, you're just going to hurt yourself further.

Look into acupuncture as well. I prefer it over chiro/physio as it's more relief when it comes to muscle/joint pain. My neck is a mess from my accident when I was younger and I have syringohydromyelia so my view on acupuncture may be a bit biased.
Crazy huh? Especially with minimal damage...

Yup, bad whiplash...my physiotherapist said he needs to see me twice/week because my muscles are worser than what he had expected. You hit the nail on pain in the butt..I'm having pain in my lower back all the way until the upper part of my butt...sides of my neck are hurting too.

Oh I have no intention to skip out on my physio sess'...last night I had a full massage therapy session.

I was thinking about acupuncture but thought seeing a physiotherapist will help with my case.

Yikes, yours sounds bad (is it)? How often do you see your acupunture person?

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #59
jim.e.
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Crazy huh? Especially with minimal damage...

Yup, bad whiplash...my physiotherapist said he needs to see me twice/week because my muscles are worser than what he had expected. You hit the nail on pain in the butt..I'm having pain in my lower back all the way until the upper part of my butt...sides of my neck are hurting too.

Oh I have no intention to skip out on my physio sess'...last night I had a full massage therapy session.

I was thinking about acupuncture but thought seeing a physiotherapist will help with my case.

Yikes, yours sounds bad (is it)? How often do you see your acupunture person?
It's a lot better now (3 accidents: 10 years ago, 8 years ago and 4 years ago) but it's still not what it could be. I use to go for chiro 3 times a week for two years.

It didn't get better and I started getting migraines a lot so I had ct scans and mri done. They found a "foreign" object in my neck and it turned out to be syrngohydromyelia. After that my chiro said that adjustments should stop and he started acupuncture which I did every two weeks (sometimes once a week sometimes twice).

Now I go rarely, only when it's extremely stiff. I'd say once every 4 months - sometimes 6.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #60
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:

Some pretty solid advice here. A lot of people "feel better" only to get a whole lot worse slowly.

Quote:
It's a lot better now (3 accidents: 10 years ago, 8 years ago and 4 years ago) but it's still not what it could be. I use to go for chiro 3 times a week for two years.

It didn't get better and I started getting migraines a lot so I had ct scans and mri done. They found a "foreign" object in my neck and it turned out to be syrngohydromyelia. After that my chiro said that adjustments should stop and he started acupuncture which I did every two weeks (sometimes once a week sometimes twice).

Now I go rarely, only when it's extremely stiff. I'd say once every 4 months - sometimes 6.
I actually had a question on an exam that involved a patient with syrngohydromyelia due to some childhood trauma from WAYY back. Good to see that you're doing well after 3 accidents though

Did you notice improvement directly based on your acupuncture therapy? Also just wondering if you had any follow up scans done to see if the syrinx was elongating slowly as time passes?

As Jim.E mentioned above this cyst forms and is asymptomatic post trauma which is why people begin to think they feel better, but it's common for it go go through expansion over time causing various neurological symptoms later down the road.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #61
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Too bad for the car but glad the parents are fine. The car did its job to protect them.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #62
335alive
i accidentally the verb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13 Subaru BRZ

Quote:
Thank you. I'm getting my car back in a week (?) with a full MTech kit.

that's pretty fuckin' bad...

here's mine. i still catch shit for it every day at work, and i don't even have that car anymore. i'm never going to live it down.

literally 15 seconds from my house, still in my subdivision. i come around the corner on my way to work in the morning, last February. my subdivision/area in general has a HUGE problem with wild turkeys...fuckers are everywhere.

so i come around the corner, and like fuckin' 10 of these things are standing there in the road. i'm talking 30 pounds each - BIG fucking birds.

i pull right up to them, they don't move. rev my engine, they don't move. these fuckers are fearless. they've attacked my dogs before. i don't want to hit them and risk damage to my car, so i wait.

so after a few seconds, thinking "they'll move eventually", they didn't, and i start thinking "shit; i'm going to be late for work if i don't do something". so i honked at them.

BAD IDEA...that set them off. 3 of the biggest ones in the pack reared their heads, made this fucked-up gobble/turkey-call/whatever-the-fuck, and literally SPRINTED, full-speed (and they are FAST), directly at my front bumper, and ALL THREE were pecking their heads like fucking crazy, like they were going to peck holes in my front bumper. them beaks is SHARP mang.

so, having lived in my subdivision for 15 years, i know that the traffic-flow is minimal. i did what ANYONE ELSE on here probably would have done, without thinking...slammed it into reverse, and backed THE FUCK up before these gigantic thanksgiving dinners could damage my car.

well, stupid fucking me...i didn't check my mirrors first, and SMASH...backed full fucking speed into the Mazda CX-9 that was sitting behind me.

$8000 CarProof claim later, plus the damage to her car, PLUS a fucking Careless Driving ticket (insult to injury)...and yeah. there you have it.

i expect everyone to hopefully be laughing their asses off by this point. it was a traumatic experience for me at the time, but looking at it now, i can easily laugh my ass off. what a dumb fucking scenario. luckily i walked away with no damage to MYSELF, or the others in the CX-9. that was the most important thing.

Mandy - i'm not sure if that beats yours on the ridiculousness scale...but at least your story doesn't make people wonder if you are fucking insane. i had the cop actually QUESTION ME of whether these turkeys actually existed or if i was crazy/making it up. luckily the lady i hit, despite obviously being pretty upset with my dumb ass, was nice enough to corroborate my story to the police.

anyways, Mandy - at least you get a full M-Tech out of it, not that it's much consolation...i sincerely hope you get your whiplash issues sorted out, as i'm still dealing with some from an accident i had in 2006. it's a bastard indeed.

Brian, out.
'08 E90 335i 6MT - SOLD
'13 BRZ SportTech 6MT - current
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #63
jim.e.
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
Some pretty solid advice here. A lot of people "feel better" only to get a whole lot worse slowly.

I actually had a question on an exam that involved a patient with syrngohydromyelia due to some childhood trauma from WAYY back. Good to see that you're doing well after 3 accidents though
There's been more than 3 (no not all my fault, only 2 were) but those are the main ones I can remember that affected it within the last 12 years. The first trigger was when I was 7yrs old. Was asleep in a van in the 3rd row without my seat belt on. Tow truck driver cut us off, driver of van (my uncle) slammed breaks, I flew from the third row into the dash of the van. If it wasn't for the dashboard, I would've went through the windshield. Because of this I never let anyone sit in my car unless they have their seat belt on, harsh lesson learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
Did you notice improvement directly based on your acupuncture therapy? Also just wondering if you had any follow up scans done to see if the syrinx was elongating slowly as time passes?

As Jim.E mentioned above this cyst forms and is asymptomatic post trauma which is why people begin to think they feel better, but it's common for it go go through expansion over time causing various neurological symptoms later down the road.
I can't say it's directly related or if its all in my head. The machines with electrolysis (I think that's what it is - the muscle stimulation like Dr. Ho's) I find are great when used consistently. However, with a busy schedule, it's not easy to always travel from Caledon to Malton or X location of preferred physician. With acupuncture I don't get tense as often or need as frequent check ups.

As for the syrinx, they only caught it due to me complaining so much about migraines. They told me try Advil, Tylenol, Beta repellants and some other medication that starts with a M but I told them I've had enough I want a CT/MRI. After that they were like "woah, stop chiro - not to alarm you we found something". No offense to you, but sometimes I hate doctors. It's only now that because I know quite a few, I can ask for opinions and then when I see my MD I can ask the right questions for a more accurate diagnosis.

I have to go for a follow up xray in February. My last check was this February in which it was about 4inches in length and from my C6 to T2 i think (mid cervical to upper back, don't remember if those are exact vertebrae number). Cannot operate on it due to the risk of location (paralysis from neck down due to it directly on spinal cord), but it doesn't impede with my motoring skills at all so it's fine.

Last edited by jim.e.; 10-18-2012 at 10:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #64
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

@1lyfe, hope your parents are ok. Be glad that they were in the BMW instead of some crappy Pontiac. Probably saved them from a lot more injury.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #65
Chris@codemybimmer
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

Thanks for everyones conerns, my parents are fine. Its been a week and nothing major healthwise has come up i hope it stays that way.

as far as my car goes.. i took it to excellence autobody by defferin and 7 and they gave insurance a quote for a little under $24 000 to fix and they arent going to write it off.
But the I wont be getting a new hood, they are taking my bent one and repairing it which kind of makes me worry but insurance wont give me a new one.

I also talked to a couple of mechanic friends ans asked them about the strutural integrity of the car after the accident since i take it tracking once in a while and they all told me dont take it to track anymore unless i get everything spot welded cause the chassis wont be able to take the stress anymore. anyone know if this is true?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #66
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lyfe View Post
Thanks for everyones conerns, my parents are fine. Its been a week and nothing major healthwise has come up i hope it stays that way.

as far as my car goes.. i took it to excellence autobody by defferin and 7 and they gave insurance a quote for a little under $24 000 to fix and they arent going to write it off.
But the I wont be getting a new hood, they are taking my bent one and repairing it which kind of makes me worry but insurance wont give me a new one.

I also talked to a couple of mechanic friends ans asked them about the strutural integrity of the car after the accident since i take it tracking once in a while and they all told me dont take it to track anymore unless i get everything spot welded cause the chassis wont be able to take the stress anymore. anyone know if this is true?
:\ they are keeping your current hood?!

Honestly, if you can take it to European autobody. These guys are amazing and do their stuff right.. I just got off the phone with Manny from the shop and he updated me on the progress..

Appreciate 0