E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Illegal immigration into the US

08-03-2014, 06:19 PM   #1
Lifted07Duramax
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW red 335i coupe

Illegal immigration into the US

I read your guys Israel vs Hamas thread.

Just curious what you all think about the illegal immigrants flooding into the US at un-real numbers.
      08-03-2014, 06:25 PM   #2
bahasad
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30, E90

Illegal immigrants need to get the message that the USA isn't willing to just accept them walking into our country illy nilly. But at the same time, we got to understand that a lot of them are just kids and babies coming through with the promise that life is going to be better here because they live in f-d up situations. We have to send them back but we got to do it in a civilized way. America is supposed to set an example for other countries to follow.

But with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, it's complete bullshit what America is doing in its blind support for Israel. America should fix its own problems instead of getting involved with the side that's killing innocent kids, women, and civilians.

- Concerned American
      08-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #3
Manoah
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i, LE R1

I'm against it. crossing the boarder illegally isn't immigration. this is an invasion.
      08-03-2014, 06:35 PM   #4
Lifted07Duramax
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoah View Post
I'm against it. crossing the boarder illegally isn't immigration. this is an invasion.
I'm sure sanantonio is flooded like Cali is. Drain on the economy. Crimes committed and health care being taxed on us to support them.
      08-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #5
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

I agree, keep them out. We need to stop becoming a dumping ground for South Americas lower classes. Many Americans are having a hard time finding jobs as is, last thing we need is a deluge of illegals to add to this problem. Keep the fuck out, the pot has melted. Not to mention many of these kids will be future MS13 recruits.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #6
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

I and damn near every hard working American is sick and tired of having their tax money wasted on illegals.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #7
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

This isn't really an issue that people from over here in the UK will bother about at your side.

We have our own issues with illegal immigrants and then have the free movement within the European Union allowing other people to move to the UK freely and legally with no means to support themselves.

Too many come here and get supported by our welfare state.

Last edited by Kerr; 08-03-2014 at 07:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 08:08 PM   #8
Lifted07Duramax
Major
Rep

For those that have posted have you guys heard of Ben Carson? I hope he runs for president badly
      08-04-2014, 02:27 AM   #9
rufnekfatboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
This isn't really an issue that people from over here in the UK will bother about at your side.

We have our own issues with illegal immigrants and then have the free movement within the European Union allowing other people to move to the UK freely and legally with no means to support themselves.

+1

There was a program on TV the other day that showed a guy from Eastern Europe that had a plan, he came over here with a goal to make £40k from our benefit system so he could build a new house back home.

He was even able to claim benefit for his children that were back home, it showed him boasting at the cashpoint/ATM withdrawing a nice sum of money.

Made me feel physically sick.

We have huge issues over here so I can empathise with your situation...
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 06:33 AM   #10
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufnekfatboy View Post
+1

There was a program on TV the other day that showed a guy from Eastern Europe that had a plan, he came over here with a goal to make £40k from our benefit system so he could build a new house back home.

He was even able to claim benefit for his children that were back home, it showed him boasting at the cashpoint/ATM withdrawing a nice sum of money.

In the US a lot of H1 visa hires come over and then eventually bring their WHOLE families over here. So they bring their parents/grandparents over and they have legal status and are able to milk the system that they never put a penny into. Because they don't work and have no income they are entitled to all the benefits that come with being a lazy fuck. So they live in nice houses with their kids while collection medicare and welfare from a system they never put a dime into.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 06:35 AM   #11
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoah
OP - sorry to hijack the thread.

Manoah - are you confused? You seem to condoning this sort of behaviour/action when Israel illegally expands into what was formally Palestine, yet condemn it when it's happening in your own back yard.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 07:13 AM   #12
Rudz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335D xDrive Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufnekfatboy View Post
+1

There was a program on TV the other day that showed a guy from Eastern Europe that had a plan, he came over here with a goal to make 40k from our benefit system so he could build a new house back home.

In the US a lot of H1 visa hires come over and then eventually bring their WHOLE families over here. So they bring their parents/grandparents over and they have legal status and are able to milk the system that they never put a penny into. Because they don't work and have no income they are entitled to all the benefits that come with being a lazy fuck. So they live in nice houses with their kids while collection medicare and welfare from a system they never put a dime into.
U r an idiot who doesn't know shit

Have u reviewed the requirements for an H1B?

H1B is an non immigrant visa, only open to high skilled specialty occupations, their wage should be equal to the prevailing wage for that job, for example if u wanted to work as a software developer in California you should be getting about $100k, so people coming under this visa are educated, well paid, would they be milking the system? Get ur facts right.
      08-04-2014, 07:25 AM   #13
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
U r an idiot who doesn't know shit

Have u reviewed the requirements for an H1B?

H1B is an non immigrant visa, only open to high skilled specialty occupations, their wage should be equal to the prevailing wage for that job, for example if u wanted to work as a software developer in California you should be getting about $100k, so people coming under this visa are educated, well paid, would they be milking the system? Get ur facts right.
What the fuck are you talking about? I am NOT talking about the H1 visa hire I am talking about the family he brings over here. My friend runs a housekeeping business and quite a few of the people her crew services where brought over here on a H1 visa or where recruited overseas (mostly India and Pakistan) and hired by American companies. Many of them have their entire families brought over here and get their parents legal status so they go and claim benefits. This is fucking ridiculously common and some of the people she works for openly brag about it. Yes this goes on and it is perfectly legal. So yes their parents get to collect benefits that they where never entitled to because of how fucked up the system is. Plus you're in the UK so the fuck do you know about what really goes on around here. So do me a favor and don't make comments about subjects you don't know shit about and then go calling someone an idiot when he obviously knows more about the situation than you do.

Last edited by Delta0311; 08-04-2014 at 07:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 07:36 AM   #14
Rudz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

What do u expect, that he'll make a 100 grand and not have his kids and wife with him ? He is paying his taxes, insurance so what exactly is the problem ? How is that milking ?
      08-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #15
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
What do u expect, that he'll make a 100 grand and not have his kids and wife with him ? He is paying his taxes, insurance so what exactly is the problem ? How is that milking ?
I' not talking about his wife and kids; the parents come over here too. They bring the parents here and help them get legal status so that they can get benefits. That's the problem the wife and kids are not an issue but the system is fucked up that it would allow people to come here and get benefits even though they never worked here. It is not uncommon for their parents to even get welfare benefits and they do get it because they have legal status and no income.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 07:44 AM   #16
Rudz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Straight from the website

H-1B visa holders can bring their spouse and children under 21 years of age to the US under the H4 Visa category as dependents. An H4 Visa holder is allowed to remain in the US as long as the H-1B visa holder remains in legal status. While, an H4 visa holder is not eligible to work in the US, they may attend school, obtain a driver's license and open a bank account while in the US.

Parents not allowed, if they are coming in illegally (can't understand how?) border control should be improved
      08-04-2014, 07:51 AM   #17
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Straight from the website

H-1B visa holders can bring their spouse and children under 21 years of age to the US under the H4 Visa category as dependents. An H4 Visa holder is allowed to remain in the US as long as the H-1B visa holder remains in legal status. While, an H4 visa holder is not eligible to work in the US, they may attend school, obtain a driver's license and open a bank account while in the US.

Parents not allowed, if they are coming in illegally (can't understand how?) border control should be improved
Oh they are coming. Not sure if everyone of them is an H1 but right of the bat I can tell you that they are well off and have their parents here. And yes they are able to get them legal status and benefits.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 09:16 AM   #18
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 09:30 AM   #19
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Where the fuck is the Palestine thread
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #20
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
I' not talking about his wife and kids; the parents come over here too. They bring the parents here and help them get legal status so that they can get benefits. That's the problem the wife and kids are not an issue but the system is fucked up that it would allow people to come here and get benefits even though they never worked here. It is not uncommon for their parents to even get welfare benefits and they do get it because they have legal status and no income.
I think Rudz is correct.
You are mixing up family sponsor visa with H1B.

I think that is the problem with Americans. They do not where is NZ on the map of the world but they pretend that they know everything and do not hesitate to put their leg in to everyone business.

Nothing against you pal, but get your facts right. Its not H1B visa and its something else which people exploit and I make you right that it should not be exploited.

But then credit goes to your politican and immigration department sitting there and not closing those loops.
      08-04-2014, 10:20 AM   #21
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post

+1

and to add insult to the injury, we are struggling to recruit nurses for our hospital.

At the end our trust had to go to Spain to get nurses from there.

Can you believe that?

And yet our politician says we are stopping the immigration!

Also, you can make immigration difficult from third world countries but how would you deal with those who are coming from the Europe itself?
      08-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #22
E90SDGUY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i COBB and Stuff

I say the U.S government need to stop supporting the Mexican government and force them to police their own people. The only way to fix the problem is to start from the source. Why are these people running away from their own country? Because their government does not support them. And to the people that are waving the Mexico flag around during protest here in the U.S does not help your cause. If you are so proud of Mexico why are we having this issue and why are people crossing the border illegally. Put that flag down, protest as an American and maybe Americans will understand what you are trying to do.
Appreciate 0