E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > New Sponsor Intro | SIEN Performance | Tuning Products - WITH ENGINE WARRANTY!!

01-06-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
SIEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: Quickly

Arrow New Sponsor Intro | SIEN Performance | Tuning Products - WITH ENGINE WARRANTY!!

We are very proud to have recently become sponsors of Bimmerpost and therefore would like to take this opportunity to introduce our company and importantly, what we do.

SIEN Performance is an online retailer of tuning products for the N54. We choose our products based on a strict criteria of Safety, Performance and Quality from leading manufacturers such as Vishnu Performance, AR Design, AMS, AFE, Injen, K&N, H&R and Eibach to name but a few.

...But we are proud to offer something a little different…

All of our store products are offered together with 'Associated Parts Insurance'.

We call it SIEN Warranty, in simple terms: a tuned vehicle insurance.... If a part sold with SIEN Warranty causes a failure to a part directly associated with it, we will get it fixed for you*

That could be the injectors, the turbos/wastegates or even the whole engine. If the tuning product caused the fault, and you're covered by our Warranty, we pick up the tab.*

We believe a large proportion of N54 owners wish to tune their vehicles but do not want to take on the risk of catastrophic part failure that can sometimes be associated with tuning your car. So, for a small premium on our products we take on that risk for you... leaving you to enjoy your newly tuned car without that worry.

It allows our customers to tune their vehicles with peace of mind, knowing that if the worst should happen they have protected themselves. SIEN Warranty isn’t designed to be used as an aftermarket warranty, it is simply your backup plan incase something major goes wrong, after all it is only a few hundred $ more than buying the part from the manufacturer. We hope our customers think this is a small price to pay for peace of mind.

Like every insurance package there are some conditions, all of which can be viewed on our website but to extract the most relevant to you:
  • Only vehicles that would be still under original manufacturers warranty (i.e. 4yr/50k miles) are eligable
  • Warranty is valid for 12 months
  • Only tuning parts sold via SIEN Performance can be installed in the vehicle in the same area (i.e. Engine components)
  • ... click here for a full list

I'm sure you have many questions, so please ask away, send us an email on info@sienperformance.com
or simply visit our site which has our list of products, FAQ’s, warranty information and offers www.sienperformance.com

We offer an efficient and friendly service, a wide and constantly expanding range of products, a unique insurance product, Free Shipping on every product, customer discounts and incentives and special package options.

We look forward to hearing from you!

//
Paul
SIEN Performance

* A full list of coverage and conditions are listed on our site. Please review these conditions to ensure your vehicle is eligable.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
TurboSid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4Cx BSM/FR

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
interesting...

2022 BSM/FR M4 Competition X-Drive
2017 MW/SO M4 ZCP [SOLD] • 2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
SIEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid View Post
interesting...
We hope so
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 10:19 AM   #4
huyner328
Former N54 Fanatic
Rep
Drives: Slow

Garage List
That's a bold offer, certain to generate some business. Best of luck!
      01-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #5
SIEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyner328 View Post
That's a bold offer, certain to generate some business. Best of luck!
Thanks Huyner328! We like to think of ourselves as the 'People's Dinan' (I'm sure that'll generate some controversy so I'll explain)... We want to bring a similar feeling of security you get by purchasing Dinan products, but instead with the industries most popular products instead of those produced by the vendor.

It's new, so there are plenty of conditions in place but we hope we have the balance right on what we cover, who we cover and the products we offer. We will of course expand and adapt over time from the feedback we receive from the community
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #6
R1000K3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MT

The price for AR DP's are 200 more on your site and almost double the clones, is it a joke
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 10:50 AM   #7
Clarkson
The Uninformed
Rep
Drives: 335

Great idea.
Does this include auto crosses?
15. UNAUTHORIZED USE
This warranty is void if the covered vehicle is used on a track, for racing or in any form of competitive
motor sport, on or off the track.

# The total claim limit for the warranty is $20,000.
# No track/strip use
# Each claim has a $300 deductible
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #8
SIEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1000K3 View Post
The price for AR DP's are 200 more on your site and almost double the clones, is ot a joke
That's how we offer our insurance. It comes as part of the product.

So if you were to purchase a set of downpipes, or a PROcede, or any of the products that come with SIEN Warranty, you automaically receive the engine insurance.

That few hundred $ is the cost of the risk we take on covering your engine against failure due to those parts.

Same goes for any suspension components too if you were to purchase suspension related components

Paul
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #9
Bomis
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Are those prices including the insurance?? If not they are way to high compared to other vendors at this forum.....

EURO E92 M3 2008 6MT Interlagos ///Fully Loaded! Evolve-R ECU Flash/Gintani Sport Exhaust/MS Stg2 Intake Kit/H&R Springs/MS 18/15 mm spacers/Bmw Perf. Grills/Gloss Black side gills/LCI Tails/LUX V3's/RD license plate leds
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #10
SIEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkson View Post
Great idea.
Does this include auto crosses?
15. UNAUTHORIZED USE
This warranty is void if the covered vehicle is used on a track, for racing or in any form of competitive
motor sport, on or off the track.

# The total claim limit for the warranty is $20,000.
# No track/strip use
# Each claim has a $300 deductible
Yep, it's a tough one but our insurer simply couldn't cover autox or motorsport. Possibly in the future with more research we can look at it again but for the relatively small amount we add to the cost of products it simply wouldn't work out.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #11
R1000K3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIEN View Post
That's how we offer our insurance. It comes as part of the product.

So if you were to purchase a set of downpipes, or a PROcede, or any of the products that come with SIEN Warranty, you automaically receive the engine insurance.

That few hundred $ is the cost of the risk we take on covering your engine against failure due to those parts.

Same goes for any suspension components too if you were to purchase suspension related components

Paul
I see, but is the 200 extra per item, or will combined items each be reduced by 200 ?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #12
khaye1
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 18 AW F80

http://www.sienperformance.com/135i-...nt-filter.html

you're kidding...right?
      01-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #13
SIEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomis View Post
Are those prices including the insurance?? If not they are way to high compared to other vendors at this forum.....
Absolutely! All the prices on our site include insurance With that in mind we hope they are considered quite reasonable
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 10:58 AM   #14
SIEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I see, but is the 200 extra per item, or will combined items each be reduced by 200 ?
We've had to try and cover most bases, so we have packaged items together to attempt to realise our customers some savings, but of course buying seperately and individually is the most expensive route

Paul
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #15
SIEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaye1 View Post
Nope. We are insuring the engine, and all the parts included. It may only be an air filter but there is still significant risk related to the installation of any component within an engine.

We have also tried our best to make our products and warranty as accessible as possible by keeping the entry price point low with the main items like the tuner itself.

Paul
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #16
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

I wish you guys the best of luck!
      01-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #17
R1000K3
Major
United_States
Rep

It is your business and the insurance IS great, really. But it is not competitive to ask 1600+ for this http://www.sienperformance.com/335i-...e-335i-xi.html The air filter and intakes are real cheep stuff that raise the price too much on top of Procede+insurance.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 11:22 AM   #18
SIEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
I wish you guys the best of luck!
Thanks Sniz, appreciate it

Quote:
It is your business and the insurance IS great, really. But it is not competitive to ask 1600+ for this http://www.sienperformance.com/335i-...e-335i-xi.html The air filter and intakes are real cheep stuff that raise the price too much on top of Procede+insurance.
I understand your concern there, the problem for us will always be that any component is a risk, even scoops, but we are also aware it's what a significant amount of owners want to install (Not everyone obviously, which is why there are options within those packages and different levels of packages...)

We are trying to be as up front as possible, to really communicate with the owners (we have tuned 335's ourselves!) to get the best products and packages available. We want to be part of the community and not simply use them as advertising media. This is brand new in terms of concept so I'm sure we will adapt over time but as it stands there will of course be some packages that seem more expensive than others due to the premium required by the insurance.

We hope it doesn't put off some potential owners and they can find the products that best suits their needs and budget and of course give us feedback on what they would like to see in the future!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 11:25 AM   #19
fast4door
Captain
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

hmmm...good idea but expensive...intake, exhaust, and downpipes shouldnt cause catastophic engine failure so paying the extra premium for the insurance is a waste off money imo. Good idea for the tune, but $1600 for the procede, air filter, and scoops is alot of money. With that being said good luck, its always good to see a new vendor taking interest in the N54
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 11:34 AM   #20
airwolf878
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Seems like a great concept, but I have to say it's pretty funny to see the offroad-use only disclaimer on some products when the warranty protection doesn't cover the offroad/track use.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #21
SIEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nando View Post
hmmm...good idea but expensive...intake, exhaust, and downpipes shouldnt cause catastophic engine failure so paying the extra premium for the insurance is a waste off money imo. Good idea for the tune, but $1600 for the procede, air filter, and scoops is alot of money. With that being said good luck, its always good to see a new vendor taking interest in the N54
I suppose the only other alternative is Dinan, and from our research it seems most don't want to pay that kind of money for that kind of power. We are hoping to hit the middle ground, offering popular products with the backup of insurance for the worst case scenario.

It may never happen, but of course it might and for that eventuality you guys now have an option

Our more advanced packages are also proving to be the most popular along with simply the PROcede units themselves, but it's still early days and we will review our packages in the coming months (any feedback and opinions on what we should offer would be appreciated from the E90 fraternity!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwolf878 View Post
Seems like a great concept, but I have to say it's pretty funny to see the offroad-use only disclaimer on some products when the warranty protection doesn't cover the offroad/track use.
Yep, unfortunately just one of those things... I'm sure you understand why

Paul

Last edited by SIEN; 01-06-2010 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: Frankly terrible spelling!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #22
cuban335i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i xdrive

you should offer engine insurance separately for people that already have mods... probably over 60% of the people on here have at least one of those thing (a lot of people have full bolt-ons)... so i think you'd get a lot of business selling just an insurance package say if someone has macht schnell downpipes (pretty much identical to AR), a JB3 (similar to procede), an active autowerke intercooler (a much more known name than AMS), forge diverter valves, and the aFe DCI...

you'd get my business...

i also don't get how there is such a big premium on things like scoops, oil coolers, and a drop in filter... none of those things can possibly cause any problems at all.. and if any of them do, you can just take them out and take your car to the dealer and they'll fix it without a premium.. the main things you should put a premium on is the tune and maybe down pipes or intercoolers (because no one is really going to take those out for dealer visits)
'12 e92 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo - ADV.1 ADV10, Volk TE37SL, OSS, Innotech F1, Arkym, iND
'09 e92 335i Alpine White/Saddle Brown - fully modded
Appreciate 0