E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My latest accident...

12-02-2012, 02:32 AM   #1
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Angry My latest accident...

Since I learnt to drive, every time I've replaced a snotter with a nice car, some arse has driven into me. Never had a bump in a crap car. My insurance is due for renewal in January and I would have been 5 years accident free, and I could have stopped declaring my last no-fault accident.

This morning, 6:45am, on my way to work, some stupid fg airhead bint decided that it would be a really great idea to turn LEFT from the RIGHT hand lane as we approached a roundabout side by side , and drive into the back end of my car in the process!

Pictures later when it's light, but the rear O/S wing is scraped and dented enough that it's rubbing on the tyre over every bump. The rear bumper is scratched but will probably be ok with a respray.

Even though it was a relatively low speed impact, my OH (who was in the passenger seat) has whiplash and is in agony already, and I suspect when I get round to thinking about myself I'll be pretty sore too - I had surgery for a prolapsed disc a couple of years ago and my back's less than perfect at the best of times.

To say I'm pissed off is an understatement - I desperately need my car this weekend because:
a) We're going away for my OH's birthday, and I don't want to be stuck in a 1.0 Corsa hire car.
b) This is yet another accident that is not my fault, that is going to hike up my insurance premiums for the next 5 years.
c) This is MY CAR! It's my P&J, I've invested my time and hard earned money making it nice.
d) It's Sunday, and I'm working all day Monday so even if I phone my insurers now, I can't do anything about it until Tuesday morning.

Fucked. Right. Off.

Last edited by parapaul; 12-02-2012 at 02:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 02:45 AM   #2
Ste133
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i

Sorry to hear about this chap.

Can you not claim everything from her insurance? Or am I being a moron for even thinking that's possible these days? For me, if I wasn't at fault I would be going nuts at my insurance to do all they could.

The good news is that you and your other half are safe, except for whiplash and inconvenience of no car.

A car can be replaced in time, but a life can't.

Good luck with it all.

Last edited by Ste133; 12-02-2012 at 02:46 AM.. Reason: Spelling!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 03:16 AM   #3
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

Any claim hikes premium whether at fault or not.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 03:31 AM   #4
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Sorry to hear that Paul. And I hope you and Mrs parapaul recover quickly.

You're right about having a pride and joy. I don't know if you can remember but I got rear ended twice in one week when I got my E91. The second time straight after the first lot of repairs.

And I'm dreading renewal after that scrote pinched my airbag. No one to claim off so I'm classed as at fault effectively.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 04:02 AM   #5
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Sorry to hear that mate - thats really bad luck. You wouldnt expect to be a lot about on the road at 6:45am on a Sunday morning for this kind of thing to happen.... but there again at that time of the morning maybe the airhead was half asleep after a late Sat night... Should have called the cops on them and had them breathalysed.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 04:33 AM   #6
Hope
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5, 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99
Sorry to hear that mate - thats really bad luck. You wouldnt expect to be a lot about on the road at 6:45am on a Sunday morning for this kind of thing to happen.... but there again at that time of the morning maybe the airhead was half asleep after a late Sat night... Should have called the cops on them and had them breathalysed.
Agreed. I've been there too an its shocking how many people think its acceptable to have a drink or ten and drive home. So frustrating. And normally they're driving a shed on wheels and couldn't give a flying monkeys that they've even crashed their cars.

Don't get down about it. Look after your back and neck and don't get bogged down with the car. You're entitled to a courtesy car today and as it is clearly non-fault they should provide like for like based on engine size.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 04:44 AM   #7
FRG
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 325d M Sport

Sorry to hear about the accident Paul. Hope the OH is alright. Why do people do this? It's a f*in' roundabout, just go round it and then get off at your desired exit. I wish I had the money to start a TV campaign for the basics of driving as you see stuff like this all the time.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 05:21 AM   #8
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Paul
Sorry to hear this. It must be very frustrating for you especially when you have spent your hard earned money and uncounted time on your car to bring it to this level....
And any person on the road who is ignorant can come, hit your arse and increase your premiums for next 5 year.... Unbelieveable.

And from my work experience, spinal surgery and further accident do go along each other very well.

Look after yourself and Mrs. As already mentioned, cars can be replaced but not the life.
      12-02-2012, 05:23 AM   #9
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
You're right about having a pride and joy. I don't know if you can remember but I got rear ended twice in one week when I got my E91. The second time straight after the first lot of repairs.

And I'm dreading renewal after that scrote pinched my airbag. No one to claim off so I'm classed as at fault effectively.
Very unfortunate. Rich, you changed your avatar and I could not recognise you.

From what I remember from the last time, your car was with the dealer to sort out the noises and I guess they could not resolve it. Hence you are in 1 series now. Congrats on a new car and hope things go well this time.
      12-02-2012, 06:15 AM   #10
AlwynMike
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC.

Sorry to hear of this Paul,

I'd offer use of my Mondeo, but you're probably better off in a Corsa!! (it's a knacker)

I draw the line at letting you use MY E91!!!

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 06:37 AM   #11
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List

It's a no fault claim, I should get a like for like hire car.
      12-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #12
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
fackin retards out there.....i hope u took loads of pictures...and told her that you gona take her fcukin ass to court for all the damages!!!...

these fuckin sh1t drivers p1sses me off big time...you should see them motherfackers, holding the steering wheel with 2 hands at 10: 10 and the bloody steering close to their chest and not even checking their mirrors... most of the time, from a distance....i can tell when there's one of those c*cktards in front of me....like when they gona switch lanes without checkin their mirrors and indicating... i come close to their back and beep the sh1t out of them cants...and you see the shock in their eyes when they look in the mirror....

at fault or not....claiming or not....once you declare an accident those facking insurance c*ck suckers will try everything to increase your premium...fucked up system...
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #13
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Pics as promised... It's not even a lot of damage but the dent is enough to make the tyre rub on every bump and pothole, and you can see the panel gap now. Worst of all, the silly bint has scuffed one of my alloys! Now it's personal...

And yes, I know it needs a wash... That's what 400 motorway miles a week does though!
      12-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #14
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
can you not try to ask her for money instead rather than declaring this?...
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #15
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Ouch, sorry to hear this Paul. You've clearly looked after her and some plonker just wan't paying attention. Luckily everyone is safe and in it's entireity not so bad, but it is enough to piss you right off. The main thing is everyone is safe and in this weather things can get a lot worse. Hope you get it sorted soon mate.
      12-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #16
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
can you not try to ask her for money instead rather than declaring this?...
Certainly try this route unless it's too late. Now you've calmed down a bit explain that you'd want a quality job carried out so the cost may be high but insurance (hers and yours) would be none the wiser.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #17
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Very unfortunate. Rich, you changed your avatar and I could not recognise you.

From what I remember from the last time, your car was with the dealer to sort out the noises and I guess they could not resolve it. Hence you are in 1 series now. Congrats on a new car and hope things go well this time.
Not wanting to hijack but http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=775139
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #18
Vaheed1
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport

I've said it before and will say it again.....our roads are full of cun*s.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #19
n54gte
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: prius

jesus...my friend got the same exact thing happened to him yesterday except he was at a parking lot and some dumbass parked all shitty and scraped his paint off.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #20
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

Hi Paul,

How annoying , Id be bloody seething , I would think the Oh and yourself could have a nice holiday on the back of this ,

Two whip lash claims !

Get it in a good body shop it will be as good as new .
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #21
spirocheter
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F11 535d, E90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba0010 View Post
Hi Paul,

How annoying , Id be bloody seething , I would think the Oh and yourself could have a nice holiday on the back of this ,

Two whip lash claims !

Get it in a good body shop it will be as good as new .
I'm really sorry to hear about the heartache and hope both recover quickly. It doesn't look like such substantial damage to cause whiplash mind. I was hit by a dozy bint when I has stopped to turn into our house... She was still accelerating when she hit - massive damage, my head hit pillar and i was bruised and beaten but still I still didn't claim whiplash, I'm dead set against it, raises all our premiums! I was also hit head on when some young lad who'd just passed his test was overtaking a lorry, again my car wrecked... No injury claim on grounds of principle.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #22
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

I sympathise.

My last two bangs have been on roundabouts.

Both in exactly the same way as yours, and both in my mint S2000, numpties in the wrong position.

One was a new wing etc and ran to £3.5K, the old Merc the Polish bird was in span me 180 at the exit.

The other bang was even more as the suspension and wheel were toast, but that was an uninsured drug dealer whom the Police refused to tackle for some reason.

Ben Hur chariot wheels are the answer!

I would not automatically make the assumption this will be a no fault claim though Paul.

Roundabouts are almost always knock for knock unless you have a very good and reliable witness or other strong evidence. (I had a PC which was lucky)