E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > need help to code ccc

10-11-2023, 08:49 PM   #1
bmw330ihelp
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i

need help to code ccc

Hey i need help to code a 2006 bmw 330i ccc with logic 7 from other unit from a 07 with preset buttons,
Ive read i have to code vin in and adjust to default ? to get the sound to work , I have a cable and can access thru expert, but cant find the right tutorial .
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2023, 11:00 PM   #2
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw330ihelp View Post
Hey i need help to code a 2006 bmw 330i ccc with logic 7 from other unit from a 07 with preset buttons,
Ive read i have to code vin in and adjust to default ? to get the sound to work , I have a cable and can access thru expert, but cant find the right tutorial .
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Are you familiar with coding? The instructions are pretty straightforward. I'm doing a similar update, replacing an older CCC in my 06 with the newer one (07) that has the preset buttons.

You don't need to write the VIN anywhere. You need to default code the CAPPL, CAUDI, CGATE, CHOST, and CTUNE modules, but you can't use the original VO that NCSExpert reads from your car. In the first steps of coding NCSExpert will read the VIN from your car, which it uses to determine what settings to use when doing the default coding to the modules you select. You'll need to make a slight change to the VO where you change the build date to 0307 so that NCSExpert knows the correct settings which will enable the preset buttons on the new CCC unit to work properly. You're not actually modifying the VO of your car, just modifying it during that instance of NCSExpert so that it uses the correct settings to default code the modules.

Here's a good resource:
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glumpy3 View Post
In NCS Expert youll want to do the standard VIN/ZCS/FA (F1), ZCS/FA f. ECU (F3) (read from CAS),

you should then see on the main menu Chassis: E90 (E89), FG *insert your vin here*, and FA E90_#0307 followed by the rest of the crap.

Then go back and code the CAPPL, CAUDI, CGATE, CHOST, and CTUNE with that FA.

- Open NCS Expert
- Load an Expertmode profile
- Press F1 button
- Select F3 and choose your car chassis from the list
- Click OK and choose CAS from the list. (This is where NCS will read your VO from)
- Press F6 - back
- Press F2 "Enter FA", choose E89, click ok when vin pops up, then the top value (#mmyy where mm is month and yy is year) needs to be deleted, then in the attribute window enter #0307 and click add
- This will update your FA and you should see #0307 at the top of the list, click ok
- Press F4 - process ecu and Choose the ECU your would like to code (CAPPL, CAUDI, CGATE, CHOST, CTUNE) with factory default options of your car
- Press OK
- Reset BMW ECU to factory setting
- Press F2 change job
- Choose "SG-CODIEREN"
- Press OK
- Press F3 "Execute Job" to start coding the ECU with factory setting according to your BMW vehicle order (VO)
- ECU resetting is done. Change ECU to next module

You need to do this to CAPPL, CAUDI, CGATE, CHOST, CTUNE, coding each of those modules. You don't need to do everything from the beginning. After you code a module, I believe you just have to press F4 "Process ECU" to select the next module to code and just repeat the remaining steps.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2023, 11:35 PM   #3
bmw330ihelp
Registered
Rep

Thank you I will try this in next couple days.
Hopefully works for me
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 05:46 PM   #4
bmw330ihelp
Registered
Rep

OK I think I have wrong program I have bmw inpa.5.0
Can't seem to find a download of ncs expert, to use
Can anyone help thanks
Appreciate 0