E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Options

05-22-2014, 05:49 PM   #1
335i Bubblehead
Fabricator
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Arrow Options

Okay, I don't want to beat a dead horse here but I have read so much in the past week, my head is spinning like a top.

My Car:
2007 E92 (Pre 3/2007 build) Non-iDrive/Non-Nav/L7 Audio

Options:
S640A Preparation f tel.installation universal
S677A HiFi System Professional DSP HiFi System Professional DSP
S693A Preparation BMW satellite radio
S694A Provisions for BMW 6 CD changer
S645A BMW US Radio BMW US Radio
S663A Radio BMW Professional Radio BMW Professional

A Few Electronic Questions:

Sirius: I know this has been beat down to death, I'm pre-wired for Satellite and would like to have it since I have an account [which is still active in my other car]. I have read that its crappy though and the cost to use factor says it isn't worth it. Im certain from what I read all i need is the Satellite DLP module and dealer coding...and swap a few FO cables. Is this correct? Is it worth it? I heard quality of sound sucks...on and on.

Bluetooth: I would like to do the MULF2 add on but I cannot find a specific thread that has someone who has done the add with a car similar to mine (see above specs). I have read with the MULF2 add you need the module, bluetooth components etc etc. but its strictly for phone use and no audio input to radio. Is this even worth the add? Does it even work with iPhone5?

I have been looking at the old Kenwood KOS-A300 and it looks like a great addition that could solve a lot of these issues with a low cost item. (or is there a 'better' alternative than the KOS-A300

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201607

As I like the factory stuff, I'm disappointed in the feedback on these items from owners who dished out all the $$$ for factory modules and components to discover it wasn't all that great.

I want clean, factory-like, simplicity and functionality - as I like the Kenwood unit (even though it is old technology). As i enjoy the most to listen to my music on my iPhone or even a movie or two from my iPad mini.

I like the sound quality of the L7 system and will likely keep it in place adding another subwoofer in the trunk using Technics harness.

I just need to put closure to these topics in my head...spend the money or go the alternative route...

Your help and feedback is greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
KROOKEDking420
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 coupe

Sat/sirius Radio

2 ways to find out what u need for this---- first push the source(SRC) button on the radio and see what options u scroll thru u should have radio- cd/disc- sat - aux - and maybe usb having those options in the source menu of ur car means ur headunit is coded for those options

then go to ur trunk and lift the false floor panel and remove it from car this should give u access to where ur SAT / Bluetooth / telephone modules are located if u have 3 modules located there then ur car is wired for those items ur lookin for then just make sure u have the options coded into ur HU and ur ready to rock if not go to bmw( or someone with a OBDII scanner/coder) and get ur options coded

HOPE THIS HELPED
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 06:18 PM   #3
335i Bubblehead
Fabricator
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

No components in the back, only the cabling unfortunately.
Appreciate 0