E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > e90 + mtech = no oil cooler duct????

06-24-2008, 08:35 PM   #1
JayAre335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

e90 + mtech = no oil cooler duct????

i had the full mtech kit installed on my car about a month ago and the lower grill on the front bumper on the passenger side is blocked off where the oil cooler duct is (between the brake duct and the foglight)...... i kno another member started a thread a couple months ago about him having the same problem and noticed oil temps running about 20 degrees higher cuz of the lack of airflow..... has anyone found the solution to getting this duct opened back up (part numbers maybe?)????? my parts guy at the stealership has been messing around with his dick in the ground for the last month and still hasn't come up with anything. ( he claimed that he already talked 2 BMWNA, but 2 days ago he said he had the correct grill ordered but he actually just ordered a grill for the original stock bumper) its getting somewhat annoying that they cant get anything figured out after a month of "investigating" this issue so if anyone knos anything that'd be greattt.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
You just have to create your own opening.
      06-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
JayAre335i
United_States
Rep

soo i haveta take the bumper off and cut out wat looks like a cover over the oil cooler duct??? hmmm seems like bmw should have a better solution but if thats all i can do i guess thats it then...... y would bmw block the opening to the duct in the first place?? weird....
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 10:12 PM   #4
cbad335
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 335i

Garage List
I had posted about the same problem, and coincidentally, I just edited my post (w/ pics) with the fix tonight: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141946

Basically, the blank in front of the duct is part of the fog light. The body shop cut off that extension to the fog light and viola, oil cooler air duct.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 07:10 AM   #5
1clean335i
Perf BMW mag issue 147, 159
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Project Estoril

Garage List
Why dont you just get the correct lower grill for that side? The only problem I had was that the new fender liner did not have the opening for the oil cooler so I had to mock something up.
      06-26-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
JayAre335i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbad335 View Post
I had posted about the same problem, and coincidentally, I just edited my post (w/ pics) with the fix tonight: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141946

Basically, the blank in front of the duct is part of the fog light. The body shop cut off that extension to the fog light and viola, oil cooler air duct.
heh yeahh i saw that u updated after i posted this thread. i think i'll print out ur thread and give it to my parts guy so he can finally stop scratching his ass trying to figure it out. welp sounds like i gotta go back to the body shop so they can fix this prob..... thnks for the help man
Appreciate 0