E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Fault code, can't seem to find what it is.

06-12-2009, 08:35 AM   #1
maui86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Fault code, can't seem to find what it is.

hey everyone!

im getting fault code: 2ab4...anyone know what this means and why it would be caused? i got it before and cleared and it came back...no check engine light...though the traction control light will come on and then the "brake" light will stay on but be yellow. so i figured this has to do with either the brake system or DME. any help greatly appreciated. :-)

teri

gotta do what i gotta do to get them donuts
04 spec-v: rip dec07
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

2AB4:
2AB4 DME, internal error: RAM-checksum
Error will cause a warning light
Error is not currently present
Test conditions have been completed
Short circuit or signal interruption

Took me 5 sec to find it and paste it using search...
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
maui86
Captain
United_States
Rep

thank you! ah shoots, so seems like a dealer thing to do. damit, so safe to assume DME gotta be replaced :-(. thanks for your help!

teri

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
Morpheus
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Titanium Silver

which tune? maybe you have a wire wrong somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
maui86
Captain
United_States
Rep

procede rev2 pnp with CANbus update. i thought about that, but i followed the directions to the T. i can switch maps(engine light blinks 1 or 2)...read codes, clear them etc... i've had no problems up till now...

i did take my car in for the rear brake squeak and they replaced the pads supposedly. then the light for the service interval came on and they forgot to do that service and to schedule another appointment. just been too lazy, maybe my front brake pads are getting low or something? just thought about it now...its coming up to 23k miles and i do a decent amount of spirited driving :-)

teri

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 05:39 PM   #6
Morpheus
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Titanium Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui86 View Post
procede rev2 pnp with CANbus update. i thought about that, but i followed the directions to the T. i can switch maps(engine light blinks 1 or 2)...read codes, clear them etc... i've had no problems up till now...

i did take my car in for the rear brake squeak and they replaced the pads supposedly. then the light for the service interval came on and they forgot to do that service and to schedule another appointment. just been too lazy, maybe my front brake pads are getting low or something? just thought about it now...its coming up to 23k miles and i do a decent amount of spirited driving :-)

teri
if i were you I would take out the procede, clear the code and see if it comes back. If it does, take it to the dealer, if it doesn't, the problem is either with the procede or your install.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
maui86
Captain
United_States
Rep

sounds like a plan. i'll jump on it and see! wont hurt to try your course of action. thanks for the advice!

teri

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 10:57 PM   #8
TheTwinz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 300Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
if i were you I would take out the procede, clear the code and see if it comes back. If it does, take it to the dealer, if it doesn't, the problem is either with the procede or your install.
how do you suppose he do that? buy a BT cable along with his Rev2 canbus?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 02:59 AM   #9
maui86
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTwinz View Post
how do you suppose he do that? buy a BT cable along with his Rev2 canbus?
clear the codes and then take out the procede before doing further driving i believe. it only a 5min thing, not sweating it.

though the brake lights could of gone on because my brakes are actually needing to be changed and the lock fuse went out because it sounds like my gas cap actuator might be going...when i lock the doors, it has a decent delay. didn't notice it before.

i highly doubt its the procede or the update because everything works with the tune. but it wont hurt to eliminate those two possibilities by having it out for a week. electrical problems are nothing new on my car, been having them before the tune :-(... awesome car to drive, but electronics are a POS in reliability. haha

teri

Appreciate 0