E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Help GTA people! I have a boost leak

08-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
Reapur
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Help GTA people! I have a boost leak

Is there anyone in the GTA available today to help me find a boost leak on the cold side of the engine ASAP?

It's small wherever it is, I'm losing about 4psi of boost overall and it's quite audible, also last night the 30FF code popped up. The car had intake valves cleaned Thursday and the leak appeared later that night as the car was fine when I left the shop.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 04:54 AM   #2
Briancanadiano
Brian335tt
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i premium package 19"ri

How do you know if there's a leak? My car only when cold makes a very loud swoosh noise almost as if it had a blow off valve but then once warmed up doesn't do it no more.. Could that be a boost leak?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
Reapur
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briancanadiano
How do you know if there's a leak? My car only when cold makes a very loud swoosh noise almost as if it had a blow off valve but then once warmed up doesn't do it no more.. Could that be a boost leak?
Because it wasn't meeting boost target not to mention u can hear it when you're on it.

It's ok I found it. Hose clamp slid off my FMIC inlet coupler. It's been fixed for ages. This local community is kinda abysmal. I asked for help 3 weeks ago and just got a reply.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

That's great,

Next time we will rotate your tires for free a give you a pizza slice.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
Briancanadiano
Brian335tt
Canada
Rep

Ya sometimes people tend to get on the quiet side.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
Briancanadiano
Brian335tt
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapur View Post
Because it wasn't meeting boost target not to mention u can hear it when you're on it.

It's ok I found it. Hose clamp slid off my FMIC inlet coupler. It's been fixed for ages. This local community is kinda abysmal. I asked for help 3 weeks ago and just got a reply.
Is it bad thing hearing that swoosh sound in the beginning when it's cold ? Sometimes feels like I'm gonna wreck something cuz it's so loud. Thanks for the reply and sorry for the thread jack
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #7
Reapur
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvtec
That's great,

Next time we will rotate your tires for free
Your attitude pretty much sums up my frustration with this local forum.

There are plenty of online car communities that would offer help at the drop of a hat. The local Toronto bunch seems pretty closed off and non active.

Collective knowledge and corporation forms comradely, friendships and can save everyone a lot of money from not dealing with a dealership.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #8
Reapur
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Is it bad thing hearing that swoosh sound in the beginning when it's cold ? Sometimes feels like I'm gonna wreck something cuz it's so loud. Thanks for the reply and sorry for the thread jack
It's pretty hard to determine what's happening to your car from the description given.

If you have a boost leak you will eventually throw a 30FF code indicating there's a boost leak. If you don't have a code and you're not down on power then it's unlikely you have one.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #9
Briancanadiano
Brian335tt
Canada
Rep

Quote:
It's pretty hard to determine what's happening to your car from the description given.

If you have a boost leak you will eventually throw a 30FF code indicating there's a boost leak. If you don't have a code and you're not down on power then it's unlikely you have one.
Just on cold start if I push down on the accelerator as soon as I shift it'll make a very loud swoosh like air bursting noise... Only when it's cold though...
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #10
Reapur
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Just on cold start if I push down on the accelerator as soon as I shift it'll make a very loud swoosh like air bursting noise... Only when it's cold though...
Try recording a video and uploading it to YouTube to show the problem
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #11
Briancanadiano
Brian335tt
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Try recording a video and uploading it to YouTube to show the problem
Will do!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #12
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Your attitude pretty much sums up my frustration with this local forum.

There are plenty of online car communities that would offer help at the drop of a hat. The local Toronto bunch seems pretty closed off and non active.

Collective knowledge and corporation forms comradely, friendships and can save everyone a lot of money from not dealing with a dealership.
Not really,

It's the lack of data you provided and yet expected answers and mentioned the community sucks.
Something is wrong with my car help ASAP, really? Could be a million things.
Frustration is only caused by the person creating it.
Our locals have help each other numerous times.
Appreciate 0