E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Stage 1 N55 Installed. Set to 5psi over stock with USB cable?

10-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Stage 1 N55 Installed. Set to 5psi over stock with USB cable?

I just purchased a JB stage 1 n55. The guy that sold me the stage 1 helped me install it, on the back of the actual device that goes into the ECU box he plugged in a USB to pin type cable and with his laptop he programed some settings.

He changed boost over stock from 0-10 psi and set it to 5psi.

My question is if I upgrade to stage 2 will I still have this ability?

I was already informed that When i place my order for the stage 2 upgrade I will have to request before wires as I don't think this has the CAN cables.

Also how do I know if my setup has the Can cables?

Where can I get the USB cable from and is 5 psi over stock safe?

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" M359 Wheels | DWS Tires
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 02:46 AM   #2
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
ouple of days I have noticed that there is a intermittent rattle under the car at idle. like an exhaust rattle. Its like "rattle....raaaatle........" lies its phasing in and out. Anyone every had this? It sounds like crap when I take off in first gear and press the throttle down it seems around 1500rpms it makes rattle and I can hear it bouncing off other cars or buildings. It does it around 1500 rpms in any gear with heavy load like 3rd gear at 1500 rpms and then pressing the throttle down to spool up the turbo. Also today I am almost certain I had a knock in 2nd gear around 3500 rpms. Its the dreaded popcorn sound.

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" M359 Wheels | DWS Tires
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
Jdub679
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i coupe M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFury View Post
I just purchased a JB stage 1 n55. The guy that sold me the stage 1 helped me install it, on the back of the actual device that goes into the ECU box he plugged in a USB to pin type cable and with his laptop he programed some settings.

He changed boost over stock from 0-10 psi and set it to 5psi.

My question is if I upgrade to stage 2 will I still have this ability?

I was already informed that When i place my order for the stage 2 upgrade I will have to request before wires as I don't think this has the CAN cables.

Also how do I know if my setup has the Can cables?

Where can I get the USB cable from and is 5 psi over stock safe?
Stage 2 has much better boost control. And it has integrated CAN, so you won't need the CAN cable anymore. Just get the Stage 2 upgrade. It's worth it.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #4
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Yeah I get that rattle at idle too sometimes it's definitely a major pain in the ass and I have a Dinan stage III. I just think it's because of the higher levels over stock. Definitely gets annoying and not even my Dinan BMW dealer has been able to pinpoint it and fix it.
Appreciate 0