E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > BMW BBK

10-23-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
BMW BBK

Gents fitted today as per my pictures.

Two questions :

1. What is the best bedding in techniqe for this bbk?

2. My friend did it and I need to take it into the dealer to get it programmed, what does that entail and do I actually need it doing?

TIA

Steve.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
Gents fitted today as per my pictures.

Two questions :

1. What is the best bedding in techniqe for this bbk?

2. My friend did it and I need to take it into the dealer to get it programmed, what does that entail and do I actually need it doing?

TIA

Steve.

1) Same bedding in technique for any brakes.

Find a nice, quiet, straight road (dual carriageway is perfect). Accelerate up to 40mph, then brake firmly down to 10mph. Get straight back on the accelerator again and go to 50mph. Firm brake down to 10mph, then up to 50mph again. Repeat the braking process. Accelerate to 60mph. Repeat the braking process. Accelerate to 60mph again, and repeat. Then accelerate back up to normal driving speed and try not to use the brakes for the next couple of miles to let them cool back down again. During the brake bedding process never brake to a standstill, as you need to keep air running over the pads to help encourage heat cycling.

2) You don't absolutely need to get the car recoded. If you do, all it does is modify the DSC programming. You won't notice the difference in driving whatsoever.
Appreciate 0