E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Cyclists - A cause/memorial

03-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Gladius
Two Wheels or Four?
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Perf Edition m240i

Cyclists - A cause/memorial

I know this is pretty far off-topic but I also know there are quite a few cyclists on this forum.

My friends Jen and Randy Charrette are big in the cycling and outdoors scene in western Colorado - Jen is a mtn bike racer (www.velomom.com) and Randy had a bike shop in Ridgway, CO. They were wintering in Sayulita, Mexico this year, travelling with their 7 and 2 year old sons when their 2 year old son Axel was horribly killed. I won't go into the details because the point is to celebrate his life and legacy, rather than get enraged over the details of this tragedy.

There is a memorial for Axel tonight in Ridgway, and there is a fund being set up in Axel's memory. Axel's Fund intends to bring cycling and outdoor activity to more kids. To donate, you can send a check made out to the Axel Charrette Fund, c/o Alpine Bank, 119 Liddell Drive, Ridgway, CO 81432, or call 970-626-4100 and reference the Axel Charrette Fund.

Current: '18 AW Performance Edition m240i
Gone: '15 Mineral Grey m235i || '07 Silver Grey M Coupe || '11 Space Grey 328i XDrive || '08 SparkG M3 || '01 LSB M3 || '01 TiAg 330ci
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

that sucks man.

The county i live in has for some time, and may still, has/have more cyclist deaths by vehicle than any other county in the country. People need to be aware and follow the laws with regards to cyclist.