E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Englewood Auto Spa - Review

09-25-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep
Drives: 2018 Dodge Durango

Englewood Auto Spa - Review

Hey guys and gals

I am one of the most anal people there can be when it comes to automobile paint work and washing. I would wash my car every winter under 20 degrees at the Rt.46 self-car wash bays. I could not handle the idea that used rags and sponges would be scraping the clearcoat on my car and create swirles and scratches and whatever other shapes the washer decided to make.

With that said, I would either spend 2-3 hours washing my car, claying it, washing it again, claying it, washing it again, polishing, sealing, waxing, interior, jack up the car, take the wheels off, clean the barrells, spray paint the inner wheel wells, and then really vacuum the interior to the point that I could eat off it, and then vacuum the crumbs from what I ate. Very intensive and left me in a state of fatigue and extreme stress that I would have to do this again. So is the joy of owning a car.

That was when I was unemployed. Now that I have a job () I don't have the time to attend to my baby as much as I want to. I would take the car to a laser car wash in Hackensack, just to know that no moron would be scrubbing my car. But that would never get the job done. There would be parts of the car still dirty,. I did not like that.

I was on m3forum a few weeks ago and a e9x m3 owner posted his findings on Englewood Auto Spa on S.Dean St. in Englewood NJ. He commented that it was professional and they had a plethora of options. I was enticed to experiement with the place and drove by to scout it out.

OUtside were a Bentley Continental and Porsche Carrera. Sales ploy. Maybe, maybe not. I did not get close enough to the cars but I went inside and looked at their "spa services".

There were 4 car wash choices
-exterior - $15
-exterior/interior - $20
-platinum -which is exterior/interior + some additional services - $25
-sasso - platinum + the use of clean wash mitts, bucket of water, and p21s car wash shampoo + wax. -$30

I verified that they used new wash mitts - as i saw them open up the packaging - and a new bucket of water was used. It would be great if they let u keep the wash mitts - since you paid for them!

I asked for the Sasso and waited in the wait room and was greeted by a very cute girl who was working behind the desk. For some of you, that will keep you coming back.

I perused the menu and noticed their 3 detailing packages - ranging from $200-$400. I am not sure that I would pay someone for that - as I could do it myself, but I was more interested in upkeeping my car with a reliable car wash place.

I know some of you are saying - have someone else wash your car? blasphemy!!!!

Well I agree with you. I guess I am lazy and did not want to deal with spending 2-3 hrs really washing my car - when I could wait 30 minutes and have my car SAFELY washed. That is the main thing. There are hand car washes scattered all over the area, but some of them are aimed to have you spend $20 -seems cheap- but they want to get you in and out as quickly as possible. Its nice to find a place that charges slightly more and spends more time on your car.

One of my tests is to look at the door sills and the edges of the door. If they are dry, they are paying attention. I also look at inside of the fuel cap and the trunk of the car - the inside of it should be dry. These are parts of the car that cheaper hand wash places tend to ignore.

All in all, I had a nice experience at the Englewood Auto Spa. The car came out very nice. The wheels were spotless, there were no water marks, there were no dribbles of water - i believed they used pressurized air to remove the water from the jambs -, there were no streaks of any kind.

The interior was very well vacuumed. The carpet on BMWs is atrocious. it attracts all kind of nonsense. The carpet on my 911 can be used for 3-4 weeks and will look brand new. The carpet on both my BMWs will rack up more dust, dirt, cotton, etc. in 1 week than my 911 in 2 months. its just different. The mats and under the mats were cleaned. They cleaned the gas,brake, clutch, and dead pedal well. They actually cleaned the part of the center console in between the e-brake and the console. Also cleaned the "thin piece of leather" when you extend the sports seats. All in all very thorough.

I would definitely recommend this place for maintaining the freshness of your car in the winter and fall months. The summer time is always a wonderful time to wash your own car and spend time with her. But in the winter when its freezing outside and your car has all that grime on it from the snow, salt, and sand. Definitely consider the Englewood Auto Spa.

Contact Information:

Englewood Auto Spa
229 South Dean Street
Englewood, NJ
201 871 9199
http://www.englewoodautospa.com/

Last edited by PKumarM3; 09-25-2010 at 10:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
NYC_e92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Space Gray 335i

Thanks man for the info. I'm def interested next time in jersey. What's the address of this place so I can look it up.
      09-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #3
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep
Drives: 2018 Dodge Durango

hey sory

here is the website:

http://www.englewoodautospa.com/

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Right by my house! Thanks for the helpful and detailed review. Im definitely gonna have to stop by.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 07:56 PM   #5
Hazard83190
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335XI

Garage List
I've been going there since the day they opened. I'm friends with the owner, Leo, seeing as he goes to my gym. Thanks for the awesome write up. I'll tell him about this on monday!
      06-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
koxal
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 LBB F85 X5M

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
i was a loyal customer there but last couple of months, their service became horribly terrible. they dont care much anymore. swirls, wet spots are everywhere and i am not mentioning the dirty windows(esspecially inside windshield)...

i talked to the owner and he doesnt care about customer satisfaction anymore either.. from now on, i am not going there after my yesterday's terrible experience, and do not recommend to anyone..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #7
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by koxal View Post
i was a loyal customer there but last couple of months, their service became horribly terrible. they dont care much anymore. swirls, wet spots are everywhere and i am not mentioning the dirty windows(esspecially inside windshield)...

i talked to the owner and he doesnt care about customer satisfaction anymore either.. from now on, i am not going there after my yesterday's terrible experience, and do not recommend to anyone..
Hmmm, that's interesting. The cynical side of me was just thinking that maybe they took special care of the OP since they saw he was new. Good help can be hard to find, but it's disappointing if that's true about the owner not caring...
      06-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #8
koxal
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
Hmmm, that's interesting. The cynical side of me was just thinking that maybe they took special care of the OP since they saw he was new. Good help can be hard to find, but it's disappointing if that's true about the owner not caring...
since i was a regular there, i knew the owner. talked to him personally about this matter and also sent him an email but as mentioned he doesn't care...

if you check m3post, u can see more negative reviews..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #9
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKumarM3 View Post

There were 4 car wash choices

-sasso - platinum + the use of clean wash mitts, bucket of water, and p21s car wash shampoo + wax. -$30
wait, so you don't get clean wash mitts with the cheaper packages?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #10
koxal
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu- View Post
wait, so you don't get clean wash mitts with the cheaper packages?
no.!
u only get it with the most expensive choice.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #11
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by koxal View Post
no.!
u only get it with the most expensive choice.

not sure if you're joking, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were true
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #12
koxal
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu- View Post

not sure if you're joking, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were true
not kidding.. its true. u can also check their website to confirm.

but i can understand the reason ur not believing since its the most ridiculous
deal probably u pay $25 and still don't get the most from a car wash..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #13
mjollnir19
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i DINAN 3

Garage List
Been there once. Two weeks after my arm surgery and I must say they missed a bunch of spots that were not washed, and lastly they didn't vacuum too well either. Never going there again. I have a job too that takes up all my time. Amidst all that work I do; I decided after that visit @ Englewood Auto Spa that I would wash my car with my limp arm (after two months and trust me my car didn't look so good but had to wait). I'd rather sweat my ass off than pay for a half ass car wash for $20. I'm not one to bash on places of service, but I just had to put my .02 cents on this post. For $20 I'd rather treat my little brother to lunch lol. In consolation though the people there were nice but like I said they missed a bunch of stuff and I didn't even bother telling them simply because my girlfriend was waiting to get picked up lol.
      06-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #14
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjollnir19 View Post
I didn't even bother telling them simply because my girlfriend was waiting to get picked up lol.
BMW > GF

But yea, if you're gonna pay $35+ for a "premier hand car wash", they should deliver on their claims 10/10 times. A machine you can give the benefit of the doubt (it's programed to do the same motion over & over), meanwhile a person has 2 eyes and (hopefully) enough common sense to realize the difference between an acceptable and unacceptable job
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #15
koxal
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjollnir19 View Post
Been there once. Two weeks after my arm surgery and I must say they missed a bunch of spots that were not washed, and lastly they didn't vacuum too well either. Never going there again. I have a job too that takes up all my time. Amidst all that work I do; I decided after that visit @ Englewood Auto Spa that I would wash my car with my limp arm (after two months and trust me my car didn't look so good but had to wait). I'd rather sweat my ass off than pay for a half ass car wash for $20. I'm not one to bash on places of service, but I just had to put my .02 cents on this post. For $20 I'd rather treat my little brother to lunch lol. In consolation though the people there were nice but like I said they missed a bunch of stuff and I didn't even bother telling them simply because my girlfriend was waiting to get picked up lol.
if they would have done a good job, $20 is reasonable. but, like you mentioned, if they miss a lot of spots and even not vacuuming well, it doesnt even worth $5 for me.

i have an another car wash close by, they charge $12 and much much better service than this guys.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #16
miggs_e92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

I'm here getting my car washed and anxious to see the out come I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #17
miggs_e92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

When I first got it I thought well worth the money..then as I was driving home I began to notice that the windows had prints and were dirty. They did a decent job vacuuming the car. Then I checked the outside of the car and saw that the car was still somewhat dirty. They did a mediocre job when for $32 I expected the car to be pretty much flawless. All in all not worth the money and drive I took wish they would've done a better job.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #18
koxal
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs_e92 View Post
When I first got it I thought well worth the money..then as I was driving home I began to notice that the windows had prints and were dirty. They did a decent job vacuuming the car. Then I checked the outside of the car and saw that the car was still somewhat dirty. They did a mediocre job when for $32 I expected the car to be pretty much flawless. All in all not worth the money and drive I took wish they would've done a better job.
u should have listened and not go there after all these complaints but after all u learned the lesson for $32

i am hearing more people not going there anymore day by day...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #19
chilled_fire
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235 2009 328i xDrive

+1 , they no longer provide the same good service, this weekend i got the sasso wash, car looked clean when it came out. i was in a hurry so did not check much but when i reached home saw the rims were not cleaned properly as there was still some mud from fridays rain drive, seems to me my local no touch wash does a better job than Englewood.

I wish there were good car wash in jersey city.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #20
koxal
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Lately I hear more and more horror stories about them...
Appreciate 0