E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > OBDII Code 0306. Code only thrown with PROcedeinstalled. HELP

09-16-2007, 12:14 AM   #23
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 N55 Alpinweiß

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusbechillin View Post
No, as I stated I have had this problem since day one with Procede...
Ah ok I was under the impression you removed it then reinstalled it after service. Maybe v2 will cure your problem...or I think someone mentioned the injector... and perhaps fuel. Have you gone through more than a tank of gas with the issue?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2007, 02:43 AM   #24
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

There is also a 10psi map on the Vishnu website. I would try if this works to get a better overall picture ...

- Eugen
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 12:19 AM   #25
jusbechillin
/|/|uffin/|/|an
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Gray BMW 335I coupe

SHIV you there? I left a msg on your cell phone a week ago about this (like you told me to) and pm'd you for help and I havnt got a response.. Ive done everything you asked to and my car still has the same problem. I feel like this is a crappy move calling you out in front of everyone here but I've tried to contact you other ways and have waited a week for a response... please help!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 12:28 AM   #26
kaji335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...70#post1434470
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 01:41 AM   #27
jusbechillin
/|/|uffin/|/|an
United_States
Rep

anyone want to buy my fully functional PROcede unit?
=0)~
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 01:45 AM   #28
timn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

have you tried just clearing the code? i had a code on my install, but cleared it and it never came back
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 01:47 AM   #29
jusbechillin
/|/|uffin/|/|an
United_States
Rep

yes... I have obdII code reader..... doesnt just need to be cleared... I wish it were that easy...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 02:39 PM   #30
silvrevo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235v 6spd

Quote:
anyone want to buy my fully functional PROcede unit?
=0)~

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 07:48 PM   #31
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

I don't understand why no one can help this fellow enthusiast...He is shouting out to Shivs and there is no replies...C'mon lets try to help the man....I understand his frustrations because if this happened to me, i will be definately pissed and also confused because everyone elso using is product is enjoying it!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 08:22 PM   #32
Dustin Bramell
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, 125cc Trackmagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I don't understand why no one can help this fellow enthusiast...He is shouting out to Shivs and there is no replies...C'mon lets try to help the man....I understand his frustrations because if this happened to me, i will be definately pissed and also confused because everyone elso using is product is enjoying it!!!
I have been talking with him over PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 08:32 PM   #33
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

So why is still posting and wanting to sell such an awesome product?? Please help the man to make it right...Sux spending so much money on a car and not being able to enjoy it...damn shame...i just hope the last outcome is not a defective car!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 09:13 PM   #34
jusbechillin
/|/|uffin/|/|an
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I got a pm from him today and I have talked to him in the past. The last several weeks I have not had any help from Vishnu tuning. I have left my info on the callback forum, pm'd shiv several times, and called his cell phone(which he told me to) and left messages.

I have spent my own time and $$$ trying to fix the car the way they told me to and it didnt fix anything. Now I feel like it would be fair if the PROcede unit would be swapped for me to rule it out.

I even offered to Dustin to drive to Vegas when they were doing installs there to have them look at my car and was told they were only reserving spots for new customers.... I felt like I was going way out of my way and doing more than I should have to on this and I was turned down? Oh well.. guess thats life.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::bar f:
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 11:59 PM   #35
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Did you try the 10psi map ?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 01:51 AM   #36
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down

Quote:
I got a pm from him today and I have talked to him in the past. The last several weeks I have not had any help from Vishnu tuning. I have left my info on the callback forum, pm'd shiv several times, and called his cell phone(which he told me to) and left messages.

I have spent my own time and $$$ trying to fix the car the way they told me to and it didnt fix anything. Now I feel like it would be fair if the PROcede unit would be swapped for me to rule it out.

I even offered to Dustin to drive to Vegas when they were doing installs there to have them look at my car and was told they were only reserving spots for new customers.... I felt like I was going way out of my way and doing more than I should have to on this and I was turned down? Oh well.. guess thats life.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::bar f:
I wouldn't jusbechillin at this point...
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 02:06 AM   #37
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep

Jusbechillin, did you get this resolved? Curious as to what the resolution was...
      01-31-2008, 08:18 AM   #38
Vince@ V K Motorwerks
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 01 Black 911 Turbo, 09 X5

yo, Jusbechillin I want to know too, did you get it resolved? I have the same damn issue, I really feel that it has to do with the PROcede. Please let me know what you did?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 08:20 AM   #39
Shih
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
So I have been throwing my service engine light and/or limp mode almost daily in my car since I have installed Procede....... I have checked wiring many times. Vishnu Tuning has told me that since I am only throwing one specific code(306 "cylinder 6 misfire") that it isnt the PROcede it has to be something else... When the chip is defective and/or installed incorrectly it would throw multiple codes not just one. First they wanted me to make sure it didnt happen with PROcede installed but with the stock map loaded..... So for a week and a half I ran the car with the chip installed but with stock map loaded. I drove my car harder than ever trying to create the problem with no trouble at all... So then they thought it would either be a bad spark plug or a bad coil pack. So I ordered the special tool to remove the spark plug and replaced spark plug #6. I also swapped coil pack #1 with #6. I still throw code 306 and have limp mode almost any time I get on it. I have also cleared the code and took it to service and they found no problems... They also ran a stress test on the fuel pump.

I am hoping someone will have a solution to this for I am ready to uninstall my PROcede and trade in the damn car..... At my wits end..... ANYONE?

Do you have a 08 car?

I am having the same problem as you. (Limp all the time) Somewhat the c-reader does not pick up any code.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 10:03 AM   #40
Vince@ V K Motorwerks
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 01 Black 911 Turbo, 09 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shih View Post
Do you have a 08 car?

I am having the same problem as you. (Limp all the time) Somewhat the c-reader does not pick up any code.
Same thing with mine, sometimes I dont pick up any codes with the OBD-II reader. Also when you stop does your car shake alot? When did you buy your procede I wonder if something is wrong with our units? I am going to swap mine with another members tommorow or saturday and see if that fixes the problem.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 10:57 AM   #41
Shih
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown335i View Post
Same thing with mine, sometimes I dont pick up any codes with the OBD-II reader. Also when you stop does your car shake alot? When did you buy your procede I wonder if something is wrong with our units? I am going to swap mine with another members tommorow or saturday and see if that fixes the problem.
I do not feel my car shakes alot usually, but I get sudden shake somtimes.

V1 was purchased around Oct, and received v2 around 3 weeks ago.
ya, good idea with swaping units. I will try to do that this weekend as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 11:21 AM   #42
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
So I have been throwing my service engine light and/or limp mode almost daily in my car since I have installed Procede....... I have checked wiring many times. Vishnu Tuning has told me that since I am only throwing one specific code(306 "cylinder 6 misfire") that it isnt the PROcede it has to be something else... When the chip is defective and/or installed incorrectly it would throw multiple codes not just one. First they wanted me to make sure it didnt happen with PROcede installed but with the stock map loaded..... So for a week and a half I ran the car with the chip installed but with stock map loaded. I drove my car harder than ever trying to create the problem with no trouble at all... So then they thought it would either be a bad spark plug or a bad coil pack. So I ordered the special tool to remove the spark plug and replaced spark plug #6. I also swapped coil pack #1 with #6. I still throw code 306 and have limp mode almost any time I get on it. I have also cleared the code and took it to service and they found no problems... They also ran a stress test on the fuel pump.

I am hoping someone will have a solution to this for I am ready to uninstall my PROcede and trade in the damn car..... At my wits end..... ANYONE?
What chip are your talking about...?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 11:22 AM   #43
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
What chip are your talking about...?
Dont be dumb Garrett. You know it is the PROcede....

(sorry he didn't call it a piggyback...)
      01-31-2008, 11:32 AM   #44
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90AW335i View Post
Dont be dumb Garrett. You know it is the PROcede....

(sorry he didn't call it a piggyback...)

I know... but I wanted to hear it from his mouth. For some reason he thinks he bought a chip for his car!

Secondly, he's been having problems since the DAY he installed it... and he still has it in, even after removing it and his car ran fine..?

Thirdly, looks like Vishnu has given him some kind of run-around on this... if he offered to drive to a meet-and-greet and they denied him.

I say pull the f@#cker out and get a refund! Are you guys "OK" with your car shaking at idle..? If I hade an aftermarket tune and it was doing that...even ONCE, i'd be leary of it. Twice and it's gone!

When you took it in for service did you remove your PROcede ...?
Appreciate 0