E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Clear Bra Lifting on edges

06-12-2007, 04:34 PM   #1
urnuts
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 330i (the now "slow" bmw)

Clear Bra Lifting on edges

I seem to have some lifting in some of the edges- has anybody experienced this?
I've already had one piece (lower chin on spoiler) replaced, and now it's lifting in several other areas- any thoughts?
Car has 5,000 miles on it- and is never power washed or taken to the "car wash."
Rather annoying.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 04:39 PM   #2
toughluck
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92

I experienced this myself several months after my clearbra was installed. I contacted the clearbra installer and they said 'some' lifting is normal. They came and trimmed much of the edges, but did not remove and reapply any plastic. The installer said this should not happen any more and so far, the edges have not come off any more. I will check again today and update...
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 06:03 PM   #3
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
That sounds like BS. I'd fight that one more. Sounds to me as if it wasn't put on well to begin with. But then again what do i know?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #4
fragadellic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman32 View Post
That sounds like BS. I'd fight that one more. Sounds to me as if it wasn't put on well to begin with. But then again what do i know?
No, I think you're right, so...

+1

I had mine done last friday and i have a couple places on the front surface of the bumper where the film extends a millimeter or so beyond a feature line, and it's not adhered to the paint. I tried pressing it down but it won't stick. And now there is enough dust on the backside of the part that extends past the feature line that it really sticks out. Primarily the feature line below the grille and around the bumper plugs. I also have what I think are small stretch marks on the hood film, not where I would expect to see them, and where they are most visible.

I'm not happy at all with the installation and will discuss it with the dealer on Monday.